Stand by lines

I've seen no evidence of longer standby lines at all. In the past we have had longer waits for the likes of Nemo and Pirates . Some of it depends on luck and the flow of the park at any given time. I know these WDW crowd web sites are way off many times.

Just got back yesterday, and we found the standby lines were ridiculously long, especially at Hollywood Studios.

At Animal Kingdom, the FP+ line for Everest was all the way through across the bridge to Nemo. The standby line said 60 minutes; single rider said 30 minutes. Even the Safari was 60 minutes for standby.

At MK it's critical to be strategic, as other posters have noted. Go at Rope Drop, and head to the back of the park to cover off Adventureland and Frontierland using standby. You will have it to yourself for about an hour.

We typically visit in late August (most recent August trips being 2010, '13, and '14). My family and I have very much noticed the increase in lines this past trip for the second-tier rides and attractions, so much so that we wound up passing by quite a few attractions due to overly long stand-by lines. :confused:

Although I enjoyed my fast-pass picks & times, the offerings for a fourth (or more) fast-pass were often paltry & repetitive, and did not help us to avoid the longer stand-by lines for rides we had little waits for in the past (and those have been previously listed in this thread). :confused3

It's exciting to see the Tiering in Epcot and HS gone for now! I hope this helps with standby lines too. Now re-thinking entire trip :)

It's exciting to see the Tiering in Epcot and HS gone for now! I hope this helps with standby lines too. Now re-thinking entire trip :)

It would appear they are back- hope everyone grabbed while they could!

I understand tiering, but I don't like it much.

At MK it's critical to be strategic, as other posters have noted. Go at Rope Drop, and head to the back of the park to cover off Adventureland and Frontierland using standby. You will have it to yourself for about an hour.

I was thinking of starting all the way in the back with BTMR since it is a short ride and would give less time for lines to build since the others (Splash, Pirates, Jungle Cruise) are longer rides and would give more time for crowds to catch up.

Do you think if I reverse this and do Adventureland first, I'll still find Big Thunder and Splash to be walkons when we get back there, which I assume would be able 9:30?

Interesting article. I really noticed a jump at Haunted Mansion and Pirates...

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...cting-wait-times-at-disney-world-attractions/

2 Things. The article was very helpful but would like to see another one after the rule change of more than 3 FP+. May have not been any different but there could be. Josh does great work so I would be surprised if those new numbers don't come out soon now that a decent size cycle of data has come out.

Next. This would require a mathmatical wizard but what affect does increase in park attendance have? My guess is it is more exponential than just the simple if attendance doubles then wait time doubles. Example. A park has attendance of 20000 and wait time for an attraction is 10 minutes normal. I dare say if the attendance is 40000 the wait time would likely increase to 30-40 minutes vs the simple double to 20. This means somewhere in there the increase becomes exponentially vs straight percent. What this would mean is if park attendance increased 2 percent then wait times may have increased say 3 percent. This would probably take somebody with a PHD in Mathmatics specializing Amusement Parks to figure out.

With all that said it does appear on the surface at least top tier attractions are down some and 2nd tier up some.

According to MDE at 12:40 pm today:

Wait times
Dino 50min
MS 40 min
Nemo 40 min
GMR 35
Buzz 40
IaSM 35
JC 45

top tiered rides are typical times.
Those seem really long, even for Columbus day week...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter