Staggered opening times - anyone able to share?

I wish I had seen this thread before leaving for Disney on Sunday! We had a fabulous time, but found that EMH seemed a bit of a waste of time! Our breakfast slot was at 7:30 so we rushed straight into the park only to find that only Fantasyland was open, and the other lands were roped off! (I dont know if this is usual or not?) and that only the Teacups, Dumbo, and the Carousel were open. If we had known this we would have had an extra hour or so in bed!
But on the plus side, we did go on rides that we might not have necessarily done if other rides were open (such as the teacups) and as the park was not as busy it gave us a chance to take some really nice photos around FantasyLand.

Well as DD2 is up by 6 am most days we'll be twiddling our thumbs for breakfast opening at 7.30 am to tbh I think we would still do EMH - my girls are most interested in Fantasyland anyway.

Pixie - was Peter Pan not open during EMH? Now that would be a nightmare for us as DD1 loves it - she went on about 3 times in a row almost every EMH last year :lmao:

peter pan was opened for emh last wk anyway. the only ride that was on the list that wasnt open was its a small world, as the que wasnt over 5 min all wk it didnt really matter.

PJackson, I think Peter Pan was open too, only my family didn't want to wait in the huge queue :confused3
The staggering of the ride openings was only frustrating for us as we were unaware that they would be opening at different times. We headed over to POTC at 10am only to be told that it wasn't functioning and to come back later. So, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion which was closed as we didn't realise it was opening at 11am so we went on the river boat, got fastpasses for BTM and then back over to POTC which was still closed!
So it was a lot of wandering around between the lands, in the heat and crowds trying to find a ride that was open or without ridiculous queues! But we got a lot of exercise :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter