• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

staggered opening hours

Janetlow

Mouseketeer
Hi

I have seen a few threads relating to the staggered opening hours, but as always when you need the finer detail, you can never find the original thread:laughing:

Anyway, can someone who has just returned from disney enlighten as to the what the staggered opening hours are, and are they displayed at the entrance of the parks to enable planning.

Any help much appreciated:goodvibes

One of the main problems seems to be that they arent displayed anywhere apart from the ride entrance.

However there has always been staggered opening to some degree (at least for the few years we've been going)

The train stations are not all open all the time

Autopia has often opened slightly later

The Maze often closes early

Storybook ride and Casey are hit and miss anyhow. they are not always open and if they are that small area has shorter opening hours

However Im sure people have said recently about Pirates and Phantom Manor not being open til a bit later

the original thread was Marcus' report - Im back and angry with Disney (or something like that)

One of the main problems seems to be that they arent displayed anywhere apart from the ride entrance.

However there has always been staggered opening to some degree (at least for the few years we've been going)

The train stations are not all open all the time

Autopia has often opened slightly later

The Maze often closes early

Storybook ride and Casey are hit and miss anyhow. they are not always open and if they are that small area has shorter opening hours

However Im sure people have said recently about Pirates and Phantom Manor not being open til a bit later

the original thread was Marcus' report - Im back and angry with Disney (or something like that)

where and what is storybook ride and casey pls?

where and what is storybook ride and casey pls?

Storybook ride is a very gentle boat ride (no drops or anything) past small models of disney stories and fairy tales.

Casey Jr is a very gently roller coaster type ride based on the dumbo train.

Both these rides are tucked in round the back of Fantasyland - hidden right at the back, almost to the point that you can walk round the whole park and still miss them if you don't know they're there :goodvibes

They are in a small area of the park down a path way near the exit to Small World -look for the mill with the buckets on

i think the path is alongside the mill - if you get to the maze you've gone too far

I remember the mills, I walk past these?

Hopefully this map will help you: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/map/

They're numbered 35 and 36 on the map.

Jsut to bring this back round onto the original topic - these two rides are notorious for not being open at times - it's can be pretty much hit or miss whether they're open (especially in winter).

The whole staggered opening thing seems unneccesary to me - the parks should be pretty busy now so I would have hoped that Disney could afford to open all the rides they have. If they don't stop this staggered ride opening soon (if they haven't already) then it could make for some very lengthy queues in high summer :scared1:

we walked around the whole park for 2 trips and didnt see them lol

can you give me directions?

If you walk towards the mill with the buckets from Dumbo, you take the little path on your left near the mill. This takes you under a little bridge, and the Casey Jnr line is to your left, and the Storyboat ride line is just about straight in front of you.

Casey Jn and Story boats were both closed during our entire trip this week,unless they had opened and closed again each time we were there.

There was a sign at the the lane leading up to these, beside the wooden buckets (not sure what they're called) saying that it was closed.

Hi

I am aware of casey and story brook opening at different times, however, just reading one of the links on here it is mentioned that the stunt car show and phantom manor opening later.

can anyone who has just returned give me a clearer idea as to what rides are affected.

I am very surprised that as we approach the peak season that many ride opening or closing times are being affected by this 'staggering'

Disney must be really feeling the credit crunch:eek:

The Stunt only has 2-3 shows a day which as far as I know the times haven't changed.

If you look at the boards which display the waiting times, it will show what times rides are opening, if they aren't open at the time the park opens

I was only there a couple of weeks back & it was only a couple of the rides affected

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter