• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stage-3 Capacity at MK

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
WDW ADVISORY, July 4th, 3:20pm:
As of 3:20pm, Magic Kingdom Park is currently at a Phase 3 status.
Phase 3 status includes admission for the following:
"WDW Resort Guests*
"WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
"Guests with pre-purchased Magic Kingdom 1 Day Park Tickets
"Guests with Dining reservations
"Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League (if applicable)

(*Guests from the Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green are considered part of this group in this instance. In addition, Guests from Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus are included (Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Buena Vista Palace, Doubletree Guest Suites, Hotel Royal Plaza, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, The Hilton Lake Buena Vista). Also included are Golden Oak residents as well as registered Guests of Golden Oak residents.)

EDIT: Update at 4:28pm from WDW:
As a reminder, the only difference between a Phase 2 and a Phase 3 status is that Guests with Park Hopper® tickets re-entering or crossing over from another WDW theme park should temporarily be directed to Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom or Disney's Hollywood Studios.

As needed, please utilize the following reactive talking points for your specific operating areas:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Were experiencing a very busy day at Magic Kingdom Park. I'm sorry, but at this time, we are currently full but anticipate being able to welcome more Guests later today. We invite you to visit us at our other Theme Parks. Use these coupons for free parking and 50 percent off dining at select locations. Thank you and have a nice day.

All Other Operating Parks:
Were experiencing a very busy day at Magic Kingdom Park. I'm sorry, but at this time, Magic Kingdom Park is currently full but anticipate being able to welcome more Guests later today. We invite you to visit us at one of our other Theme Parks. Thank you and have a nice day.

EDIT: Update at 7:00pm from WDW:
REMINDER: Magic Kingdom Park remains at a Phase 3 status.
This includes admission for Guests with pre-purchased Magic Kingdom 1 Day Park Tickets in addition to the following:
•WDW Resort Guests*
•WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
•Guests with pre-purchased Magic Kingdom 1 Day Park Tickets
•Guests with Dining reservations
•Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League (if applicable)

So, even though it's Stage 3, they keep coming???:scared1: I mean, you see the park is closed at Stage 2 and you still decide to go?

Could someone please explain this to me? I am serious. We spent one Thanksgiving in Epcot, it was horrible and now we avoid the parks on major holidays. And it was cool that day. Why would you want to go bake in the sun and not be able to do much?:confused3

So, even though it's Stage 3, they keep coming???:scared1: I mean, you see the park is closed at Stage 2 and you still decide to go?

Could someone please explain this to me? I am serious. We spent one Thanksgiving in Epcot, it was horrible and now we avoid the parks on major holidays. And it was cool that day. Why would you want to go bake in the sun and not be able to do much?:confused3

I think you are giving most guests too much credit--they don't know or maybe even care what stage closing it's at--that's for us nerds to go crazy over.

I'm with you - if I saw a park was at a staged closing of any kind I would avoid it like the plague!

I think the busiest park we've ever been in was a 6 according to easy WDW so I guess I'm a wimp - a wise wimp though! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Also Rusty you should mention they closed the parks to incoming car traffic at some stage so if you're there you can't drive into the parks you have to take a bus (I think that's a stage one closing thing but I'm not sure having not been actively involved in a closing type situation).

I think you are giving most guests too much credit--they don't know or maybe even care what stage closing it's at--that's for us nerds to go crazy over.

If I had a little girl, an appt. at BBB and an ADR for dinner at CRT, you can bet that I'm going. Plus, if you have an ADR at BOG, CRT and CP, you'll possibly still get charged the $10 for being a no show.

I'm with you - if I saw a park was at a staged closing of any kind I would avoid it like the plague!

I think the busiest park we've ever been in was a 6 according to easy WDW so I guess I'm a wimp - a wise wimp though! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Also Rusty you should mention they closed the parks to incoming car traffic at some stage so if you're there you can't drive into the parks you have to take a bus (I think that's a stage one closing thing but I'm not sure having not been actively involved in a closing type situation).

I WOULD go in take pictures to post on DIS see if there's a bench to people watch and sit for hours. :rotfl2:

I guess you are right. It just absolutely floors me.

And I understand about having ADR's and the like for the park and wanting to use them, but I don't think I would make them for July 4th to start with.

Then again, Mesaboy2, you called it - I am a Disney nerd.

I am at the Magic Kingdom right now. It is busy, but doesn't feel much more crowded than a typical summer Saturday. The waits for almost all the rides are over an hour- with the mountains close to or over two hours.

I guess you are right. It just absolutely floors me.

And I understand about having ADR's and the like for the park and wanting to use them, but I don't think I would make them for July 4th to start with.

Then again, Mesaboy2, you called it - I am a Disney nerd.

I wouldn't either, but then again, we both know that this is a crazy day at the park. However, others either don't know or don't have any other time that they can go. We went over the 4th for two straight years because DH only gets ten days a year and he would only have to used four days of vacation; I was trying to help him save up some extra days for a big trip next year when we will have been married for five years and we both turn 40. Sadly, we've used up a lot of his extra days to take care of my treatments and doctors appts, but the 4th, in our opinion was the only REALLY bad day.

Yea were there earlier but 80min plus wait times snd hot weather is not my combination:), we might attempt to go but since itz allready hitting stage 3 may watch the fireworks from the TTC

y'all realize that the crowds aren't for the rides, but for the fireworks, right?!?

I mean, I've been there once (outside balcony of Contemporary after dinner) to watch the fireworks, and quite honestly, they're kinda worth it. Y'all know how we ohh and ahh over the fireworks on a regular day there, on the 4th, they just go on and on forever and ever and if you're INSIDE the park, it's a 360º experience no matter where you are. Kinda worth the smoosh. :crowded:

This is one of the few times when I'm so glad to not be at WDW.

Ill be the first to say this week has been nothing as I expected. Taking advantage of AM EMH (including being on the bus at 5:50 AM) and taking a break from 11:30-5, we've been able to see and do everything we wanted without waiting more than 20 mins.

Ill be the first to say this week has been nothing as I expected. Taking advantage of AM EMH (including being on the bus at 5:50 AM) and taking a break from 11:30-5, we've been able to see and do everything we wanted without waiting more than 20 mins.

That's amazing for this time of year....

...do you want to draft me a TP for our visit at the end of the month? I'm so not used to crowds :rotfl2:

We were planning on heading over today to be able to finally watch the fireworks, and my df and I both woke up sick as a dog. The only one not feeling like death warmed over is our 8 year old. Here's hoping for fireworks next year, but for now, we're watching them from youtube.

We were crazy and went today even after sleeping in. We arrived around 10 - two hours after park open and lines were only 10 minutes long through fantasyland. We did pooh, ariel, pp then met Alice, got the kids haircuts and did some sorcerers before getting out at lunch time. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter