Staff on board :) Wish

Tahlzy

Aussie Princess
Hi all!
Just wondering - we sailed on the Wonder back in 2019 and we had a host for quizzes etc named Joanne. She was from the UK and one of the best people I have ever met on board. We are sailing the Wish in August and hoping to find out if she is on board. I am so excited Cruise Director Ashley is ours again! Does anyone know?

I am on the Wish, and no Joanne is not here. Have a great cruise!
We had a wonderful server/waiter on a couple of our cruises. His name is Wayan. Not sure if that’s the correct spelling. We‘d be thrilled if he was onboard for our June ‘23 cruise.

Unfortunately Wayan is one of the common names from Bali!! We are a 3 hour flight from there and go quite often! They normally name their boys in this order: Wayan, or Gede (depends on the region), Made, Nyoman - girls are called Putu, Kadek or Komang :)

I quite often make Balinese staff laugh by thanking them In Indonesian and saying some common phrases that are used like ‘morning price’ ‘transport boss’ or Bintang please!! 😂 spent hours sharing photos of our wedding Bali with them and quite often their family members work at the places we go!

Unfortunately Wayan is one of the common names from Bali!! We are a 3 hour flight from there and go quite often! They normally name their boys in this order: Wayan, or Gede (depends on the region), Made, Nyoman - girls are called Putu, Kadek or Komang :)

I quite often make Balinese staff laugh by thanking them In Indonesian and saying some common phrases that are used like ‘morning price’ ‘transport boss’ or Bintang please!! 😂 spent hours sharing photos of our wedding Bali with them and quite often their family members work at the places we go!
I remember a Nyoman who worked for DCL not sure if he does anymore

I remember a Nyoman who worked for DCL not sure if he does anymore
We had a Nyoman last September on the Dream as our cabin attendant, he was great. Had some great conversations with him as he had extra time because it was slow from covid.

Some of the opening crew on the Wish will start to turn over around mid-August (some have been on the ship since late April/early May) so anyone looking for confirmation of anything over that timeframe... might not be easy... as to who is on the ship now may not come August...

Well darn. We‘ll just keep our fingers crossed! Thanks for the info!

Hi all!
Just wondering - we sailed on the Wonder back in 2019 and we had a host for quizzes etc named Joanne. She was from the UK and one of the best people I have ever met on board. We are sailing the Wish in August and hoping to find out if she is on board. I am so excited Cruise Director Ashley is ours again! Does anyone know?
If you are thinking of Slo Jo, she no longer works for DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter