• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stack your codes at Disneydirect AGAIN

Very strange. I placed 2 orders. One that totalled $35.14 and one that totaled $65.85. I just this afternoon got the charge posted to my Visa for $38.01 and $68.08. That is $5.10 more than what it was originally. The strange thing is that if I go check the status of my order at disneydirect it shows the orginal price not the price that was posted to my account. :confused3

planning06 said:
Very strange. I placed 2 orders. One that totalled $35.14 and one that totaled $65.85. I just this afternoon got the charge posted to my Visa for $38.01 and $68.08. That is $5.10 more than what it was originally. The strange thing is that if I go check the status of my order at disneydirect it shows the orginal price not the price that was posted to my account. :confused3

I'm thinking that's where the difference lies. When I placed my orders, the sales tax was listed as estimated, and it was definetly less than what it should have been for my county. I'm sure that they will add the proper sales tax to your subtotal when they ship your order. That would account for the few dollars in difference.

OH NO!!!

Looks like I"m a bit late catching up to this !!! I just got back from WDW late Wednesday night, and today is the first chance I've had to check the DISBoards!!

I was trying this out, catching some of the stacked codes ((seems the VISASCHOOLS0510 doesn't work anymore)), then at one point the site told me "Sorry, the site is closed" ... I hit the back button and continued on with no problems .. then I looked at my cart again and all of the stacked codes were gone!!!

It now says only one is allowed! Seems they caught on to their glitch!!

I'm always a day late and a dollar short!! Congrats to those of you who were able to make out on this deal!!!

Jay

BOY Jennifer talked to quite a few of us this am ;) I received my 1st package this afternoon and the charge was for a few dollars more than the original order. my order online says $28.91 and I was charged $30.73. Is it tax because that comes to be $30.64 and I could of sworn tax as included already. :confused3

frannn said:
I'm thinking that's where the difference lies. When I placed my orders, the sales tax was listed as estimated, and it was definetly less than what it should have been for my county. I'm sure that they will add the proper sales tax to your subtotal when they ship your order. That would account for the few dollars in difference.

That was what I first thought except they added on MORE to the smaller original amount than they did for the larger amount. So if they estimated my tax was X% for both orders (at least it seems logical that they would estimate the same amount :confused3 ) then the amount added should have been more for the larger priced order.

I can't know for sure because when I printed out my receipts only the subtotal showed up. The money off, $0 shipping, and tax were all cut off. Figures.

I've been working on an order for an hour, and was able to get visaschool0510 to work if i was logged in first, and then was able to add halloween fun and freeship, but not the other 2. And the first time I tried, I was able to use visa, halloween, tenoff, 10percent all about 1.5 hrs ago. I'm still working on it! :teeth:

frannn said:
The party's over......

You took the words right out of my mouth, frannn! In a way, I'm glad. Now I can get this monkey off my back! :rotfl:

The FREESHIP and HALLOWEENFUN still stack, though.

In totally unrelated news, this is my 100TH POST!!! Where's the party? :sunny:

I guess I'll have to make my own...:rockband: :thewave:

mamalle said:
BOY Jennifer talked to quite a few of us this am ;) I received my 1st package this afternoon and the charge was for a few dollars more than the original order. my order online says $28.91 and I was charged $30.73. Is it tax because that comes to be $30.64 and I could of sworn tax as included already. :confused3

did she have any other insight as to the odd charges?

One good thing...this won't be a surprise to them if we are all charged incorrectly, LOLOL

Is this a problem? I did 2 orders one the 24 one the 25. I received an email confirm for the first order only. The holds on my Visa are for the original total of both orders.

That makes up my mind about doing one more order. ;) I have been debating about the Mulan costume for DD. She really doesn't NEED it but it is so pretty!

frannn said:
The party's over......
Yes frannn the party is over....I put some stuff in my cart at work this AM and added all of the discounts and am now home this PM and logged in and all but one discount (halloweenfun) is gone. I noticed that the discounts said they were good until 8/28, so I didn't think I had to worry. I guess they pulled them. Anyway I placed 6 (or was it 7) orders this week. I ordered for friends and coworkers. I ordered costumes for the next five years for my new granddaughter. It was great while it lasted!

Both of my orders where shipped out today cant wait to get them to see what i got. Scared on the size though. Anyone know if you can exchange them at the diseny store for the same price? I order a size bigger on the chart for my girls but who knows if there chart runs small. which i have seen the other post on sizeing. cant wait till monday thats when they will show up!

PhoohWhoWho said:
Both of my orders where shipped out today cant wait to get them to see what i got. Scared on the size though. Anyone know if you can exchange them at the diseny store for the same price? I order a size bigger on the chart for my girls but who knows if there chart runs small. which i have seen the other post on sizeing. cant wait till monday thats when they will show up!

Disney Store and Disney Direct no longer carry the same merchandise, and it's my understanding that you can no longer take returns from the catalog back to the stores.

Disney stores are owned and operated by Hoop Retail (The Children's Place) and Disney Direct is still owned by the Walt Disney Company.

Sue Ellen

84disney said:
I emailed the question to Disney Direct yesterday and they answered me today. They said I could make returns to my Disney Store :)

Good luck getting your local store to take it. I was told a while back they had a notice that they were to no longer take back catalog purchases. Hmmmmmm.....

The response said as long as I had my packaging slip :confused3 I asked about returning at Walt Disney World, and they said "no." I hope I can return at the DS :goodvibes

84disney said:
I emailed the question to Disney Direct yesterday and they answered me today. They said I could make returns to my Disney Store :)

I got the same answer when I tried to cancel an order. I believe a TDS CM posted once here that they do take internet returns. I hope so. I will refuse the luggage I ordered before I pay to ship it back ;)

I just returned a halloween costume and accessories to our local DS the other day - no problem, I had the packing slip - CM explained that the only thing they will not do is exchange items (but they would have given me the sale price credit that I paid through disneydirect towards the price of the costume in the store) - they are not owned by the same company, but took over the stores with an 'agreement' to accept returns - he mentioned that the agreement was only for one or two years and he didn't think they would continue it after that. - I would call ahead to the DS and check their policy with the store manager before hauling the luggage to the store or refusing the order.

I had a second Disneydirect charge actually post to my account this morning, and the amount of my pending charges dropped substantially. Makes me think that, while the totals are slightly higher than the confirmation e-mails, I'll only have 2 charges to my card and all is well :) I'll probably call Chase, just to make sure that Disney has released the other charges.

:::fingers crossed::::

edited to add: I called Chase this morning, and I still have 5 pending charges from Disneydirect. :confused3 Very odd, indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter