• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stack your codes at Disneydirect AGAIN

crabmeal said:
I was pulling my hair out last night trying to stack these codes. At first it worked but when I emptied the extra stuff out of my cart it only gave me 10% off the order. My order was over $50.00 too. It said only one code per order. I gave up and am glad because I found a Disney princess backpack for $9.99 today and no hassle of trying to get discounts!

Your total must be at least $55.56 before any discounts for it to work otherwise like you said it will clear out all the codes and you have to start over. $35 off a $55.56 order can't beat that :cool1:

SueEllen said:
I'm interested to see if Disney modifies any of the orders with the multiple discounts. The only reason I say that is that I had to call today because my order did not show up on my orders page, and my confirmation number would not pull it up. So I called to check on the order and they see it pending for shipment, but the total she gave me was not what my confirmation showed (and was only 10% off of the original cost of the order.) I did not press the issue at this time, as I'm waiting to see what the actual charge to my card is before I look into it.
I really hope they didn't take off multiple discounts.
Sue Ellen

It will be interesting to see as well. This has been a glitch in their system for several years now but this is the first that I have seen them offer so many codes at once. I have yet to see them fix the problem or cancel orders but who knows.

JCpenney occassionally has had a glitch in their system as well and they have always honored my orders.

Disney did cancel orders a few years back when they had a coupon code that was $15 off a $15 purchase with no limits so basically handing stuff out for free. What a mess that one had to be. Everyone and their :dog: took advantage of that one.

i did it 3 different times!
using three different addys!
DS wants to be BUZZ for halloween so I got that and the goggles, with a cd holder, and the mickey book ends I wanted last time I ordered but they were out of stock!
Then I ordred DD the mickey luggage that was on sale for 79 so it ended up being like $45!
Then my friend asked me to order her a luggage - in blue - so I did hers!
:cool1: :disrocks:

I did another order for the 7 sets of Nightmare pins, so hopefully those will not be sold out. All totaled, I'll have 28 pins to trade (from both Nightmare pin orders), if none of these end up being sold out. I placed an order for the adult Minnie costume accessories for me and DD2, watch, and one set of PJs for DD2. The order totalled 25.70 after discounts. I wish there was a way to check what they will charge before they ship it out.

I bit. Got DD a Cinderella costume, wand, tiara, princess shoe set (to go with the boxed dress set I bought off Disney Deals last week) and a personalized denim princess jacket. $86 worth of stuff for $43 shipped.

DizneyDogs said:
It will be interesting to see as well. This has been a glitch in their system for several years now but this is the first that I have seen them offer so many codes at once. I have yet to see them fix the problem or cancel orders but who knows.

JCpenney occassionally has had a glitch in their system as well and they have always honored my orders.

Disney did cancel orders a few years back when they had a coupon code that was $15 off a $15 purchase with no limits so basically handing stuff out for free. What a mess that one had to be. Everyone and their :dog: took advantage of that one.

Well, legally they can't charge you a different amount than the confirmation invoice that you were emailed. If they find an error then they have to give you the option to agree to the additional charge or cancel the order. I'm not calling DD about it because as someone said that just draws attention to the orders. I did look up my CC online & the pending charges are 4.17 over what my orders total so I called that company. The DD charges went thru on 8/22 and then there are two charges of 2.07 & 2.10 from DD on 8/23. If that is all they are going to adjust it, I wont complain. I'm not opening any packages from them until my bill is completed processing so that I can return them if they wipe out everything. We don't have a DS here so I would need to return the package.

Yipee! I was finally able to do it! I got a Power Rangers watch and a cindy costumr for 29.60! Thanks!!

lbgraves said:
Well, legally they can't charge you a different amount than the confirmation invoice that you were emailed. If they find an error then they have to give you the option to agree to the additional charge or cancel the order. I'm not calling DD about it because as someone said that just draws attention to the orders. I did look up my CC online & the pending charges are 4.17 over what my orders total so I called that company. The DD charges went thru on 8/22 and then there are two charges of 2.07 & 2.10 from DD on 8/23. If that is all they are going to adjust it, I wont complain. I'm not opening any packages from them until my bill is completed processing so that I can return them if they wipe out everything. We don't have a DS here so I would need to return the package.

Ok, I'm not the only one that seen these two extra temp charges on my account, I hope it's just being held there for an unexplained reason and will disappear :confused3

I saw this listed on SlickDeals. :cool1: I couldn't resist.

I got:

Nemo Tent
Princess Tent
Power Rangers Tent

=54.31 shipped! 3 More Christmas Presents DONE! :banana:

lbgraves said:

I checked my totals per my online orders, and the sales tax listed was not correct for my area. It was actually a dollar or two less. So, I'm wondering if maybe they were just adjusting the tax. I am suprised to hear that it was a separate charge, though. My orders from 8/23 and 8/24 are still "at the distribution center", so I don't know what they will actually charge to my credit card.

DisneyDirect has always charged me temp charges they go away after awhile usually it's just $1. Also I have noticed even if I don't place the order it still goes ahead and puts this temp charged on my credit card I noticed JCpenney does the same thing. Last month when I was placing orders Disney made about 25 $1 charges on my account and it locked up my credit card so I had to call visa and tell them it was me and she explained that they offen do these temp charges to check that it goes through a valid credit card it was no big deal and she cleared the temp charges and off I went spending again.

Just got shipment confirmations from disney that my haunted mansion pins have all shipped so it's odd that those of you who ordered before got emails that they were out of stock :confused3

I was only able to get 10.00 off, 10% off, and free shipping. Somehow, it did not stack the percents off. Too bad too, because I ordered a piece of luggage and would have loved 20% off that :confused3

I didn't count the two $1 charges that were on the card too. It makes sense that they had to adjust the tax. The amounts that I saw were less than I figured they would be.

I just checked my orders online, as I had gotten an email saying the HM pins were sold out. Looking at the online status, it appears only part of the pin sets were sold out at the time I ordered. I had ordered 10 sets at I think 5.39 each. So if only 5 are available, that means my order is under 50. Does that negate my free shipping, the 10 off 50. from Disney Visa, and the 10 off 50 from the website? Should I cancel the order?

UPDATE** I just checked my email- it says only one pin set has been shipped. That would mean 5.39 + 6.50(?) shipping. That's like 5.95 per pin... I called my credit card company, and all they have pending is the original 36.36 that all 10 sets would have been. Should I leave this alone to see what they actually do charge me? I called Disney Direct to ask if I would still get free shipping if I placed an order and a portion was sold out, thus making the order total under 50. The CM told me I would be charged shipping. Oh well, guess I'll play the wait & see game with this also.

Oh my gosh, just got an email from DD with a 25% deal on NBC items. This will make it an amazing deal for anyone getting NBC stuff. Code is JACK25 and it's only good until 8/28.

I'm so upset because I just ordered a Jack costume yesterday. I have to see if I can still cancel it.

got2travel said:
Oh my gosh, just got an email from DD with a 25% deal on NBC items. This will make it an amazing deal for anyone getting NBC stuff. Code is JACK25 and it's only good until 8/28.

I'm so upset because I just ordered a Jack costume yesterday. I have to see if I can still cancel it.

:::scratches head:::

NBC?

Nightmare Before Christmas?

I got dd a monogrammed princess slipcover chair on one order and I got her a costume and lunch kit in another order. The chair was already on sale. In total I saved $139.45 and spent $100.99. That is a savings of 58%. :cool1:

madge said:
:::scratches head:::

NBC?

Nightmare Before Christmas?

Yes, sorry, in my excitement, I didn't spell it out.

WooHoo. It stacked the 10% and the 25%, so I got the Jack costume for 35% off, plus all the $10off codes. Original order was $49, new order is now $33. (I also had a Tink costumer for my Mom's little terrier, she will be so adorbable). My first order had already shipped, so I'll just return that one to the Disney Store when it comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter