St. Thomas w/6 Ships in Port

kjunspice

Earning My Ears
Hi y'all,

Happy Friday! :cool1:

Our booking window will be opening soon for our 1/10 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy. There will be 6 ships in St. Thomas on our port day including ours and the RCCL Oasis. I am a little concerned about what to do.

We have 13 in our party ranging from 6 - 74 (5 kids). Looking to enjoy the beautiful beaches. :beach: Torn between more beach time in St. Thomas at say Magen's with potentially crazy crowds vs. more travel time to St. John to hopefully get away from the crowds (and selfishly I hear the beaches are AMAZING!). Does anyone have any experience that could provide insight or recommendations?

And if you have been to Magen's on a similarly busy day, did you book through DCL or go on your own?

Thanks for your help!

Following along. Our booking window for jan 24th eastern opens next week and we are still undecided but leaning toward avoiding the travel time to St. John. How did you find out how many ships were in port? Thank you :)

Hi kjunspice,

We're also on the 1/10 Fantasy cruise! :wave2:

I posted a similar question quite awhile ago, so I searched for it and here's the link:
http://www.dis.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50857638

We are leaning heavily toward going to St. John on our own. I've read so many great things about St. John that it seems a shame to be so close and not make the effort to see it. I'm really looking forward to it!

Following along. Our booking window for jan 24th eastern opens next week and we are still undecided but leaning toward avoiding the travel time to St. John. How did you find out how many ships were in port? Thank you :)

Hi, I went to cruisetimetables.com to see what ships would be in port. Happy Cruising!

Hi kjunspice,

We're also on the 1/10 Fantasy cruise! :wave2:

I posted a similar question quite awhile ago, so I searched for it and here's the link:
http://www.dis.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50857638

We are leaning heavily toward going to St. John on our own. I've read so many great things about St. John that it seems a shame to be so close and not make the effort to see it. I'm really looking forward to it!

Hi Jennifer! :wave2:

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your previous post, great information! If it were entirely up to me we'd be going to St. John for sure, with four families I may be outvoted.

So looking forward to the cruise, it will be here before we know it! :cheer2: Are you planning to do FE? I am on the fence. Guess I'd better decide soon! :rolleyes1

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer! :wave2:

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your previous post, great information! If it were entirely up to me we'd be going to St. John for sure, with four families I may be outvoted.

So looking forward to the cruise, it will be here before we know it! :cheer2: Are you planning to do FE? I am on the fence. Guess I'd better decide soon! :rolleyes1

Thanks!

No, I'm not planning to do FE. I don't think I'm quite ready for it...still pretty new to cruising....it looks like fun though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter