st. pete beach recommendations

mikki'smom

Earning My yEars
We are planning one night in the St. Pete Beach area before our stay at Disney. We would prefer the Clearwater/ Pass-a-Grille area. Can anyone make any recommendations for clean, family-oriented hotels that are on the beach and won't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks.

We are planning one night in the St. Pete Beach area before our stay at Disney. We would prefer the Clearwater/ Pass-a-Grille area. Can anyone make any recommendations for clean, family-oriented hotels that are on the beach and won't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks.

The only experience I have with a hotel over there is at the Beachcomber, which was actually on St. Pete Beach. The hotel wasn't too bad. You could tell it was a slightly older hotel which was in decent shape for being directly on the beach.

Parking was...interesting... but I'd stay there again if i ever decided to do a beachfront hotel over there in the future.

Hi, It depends on when you are going, and what you consider an arm and a leg. We are going to be staying at the Best Western Sandcastle inn Treasure Island the weekend after easter. I have never been there, but my mother in law said its really nice. Directly on the beach. and we got a 2 bedroom suite AAA rate around $130.

On Pass-a-Grille you are mostly limited to small condo style buildings or private homes. There aren't really hotels on that end.

There is the Don Cesar hotel - that is right at the end of the beach between Pass-a-grille and St. Pete Beach - but they are Pricey

There is a wonderful complex of sister resorts on the beach that are operated my the same company. If you do a search for: The tradewinds on St. Pete beach you'll find it.
It is a beautiful resort - but it also caters to a lot of convention traffic. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend it highly. They have a wonderful casual restaurant called the Flying Bridge.

My DH & I used to stay there every year until we bought a timeshare on Sanibel, but every year on our way up to WDW we stop there for lunch. Needless to say - we enjoy the place

We stood at the Tradewinds--(I think Sandpiper) last year...was nice, clean too and decent restaurant on site. I believe it has a sister property also next door. I know there is a huge inflatable water slide which looked really fun but you have to pay to ride it, not included in hotel price.

We have stayed at Celebrity Resorts (now renamed Legacy Vacation Resorts apparently!) and have loved it both times! Its in Indian Shores just south of Clearwater Beach in a nice, quieter part of the coast. The hotel seems to cater towards the older crowd, so it was perfect for us (and our 3 boys!) We all loved it. Very tiny pool though, but with the ocean directly across the street, who needs a pool?! :thumbsup2
We usually get a 2 room/2 bath combo and its been quite cheap in the off-season. I'm not sure how summer might cost though.
Best of luck and ENJOY the gulf coast. Its SO beautiful and such an easy drive from WDW!! :)

The Keystone Motel in Pass-a-grille is safe, clean and inexpensive. It's an older place (not exactly luxurious) but we didn't have any complaints the two times we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter