St. Martin/St. John questions

hokies

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing the Eastern DCL in March '05. We have been to St. Martin in the past and would like to rent a car and tour the island on our own. For anyone who has done this before, where did you rent your car?

I have also been reading in some threads that it is recommended to visit Trunk Bay on St. John on your own. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get there and get around the island? Thanks for your help!

We rented a jeep in St Maarten and drove around the whole islan. I will tell you that gas is about 5.00 a gallon, or was in November 04.

We had talked about renting a jeep. Did you reserve the jeep before you got to the island or were they available near the port?

yes we reserved it prior to sailing. I believe it was with Best Deal. I did it on the internet.

We doing the same thing on the 10 night cruise next week. Reserved through St. Martin Online http://www.portcars.com/. Since we have two little girls dd7 and dd4, we will be renting a Corolla for $60/day. If you place the ressie through St. Martin Online, they will give you something called a Caribbean Card. Looks like you can get some good discounts and freebies from different vendors on St. Martin with the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter