St. Maarten Vs. St Thomas island tours

Mickey Man2

Earning My Ears
DW would like to know which island has the best sightseeing tour of the island. Would it be St. Maarten or St Thomas?

Mickey Man2 said:
DW would like to know which island has the best sightseeing tour of the island. Would it be St. Maarten or St Thomas?

We did two tours last year on our cruise. We did the Island Drive and Explorer Cruise in St. Martin and in St. Thomas we did one of those tours where they have tons of drivers waiting around the dock to snag a tourist and drive them around in built up pick up trucks.

The St Martin tour was a DCL tour. We left in the early afternoon on an air-conditioned bus and toured the Dutch side. Then we all got on a boat and went over to the French side where we got to get off the boat and go shopping a bit. They served beverages on the boat (Rum Punch....ooooh yummy!!) and juice and soda. These were all included in our price. I think it was about 4 hours long.

In St Thomas we hopped on one of those trucks and the driver took us around the Island. We made a few stops and then back to the ship. I believe that tour was also about 4 hours long.

We enjoyed both of them and would absolutely recommend them both. Sorry, I can't pick between the two because we really liked them both.

:wave2:

The DCL tour "Island Drive and Explorer Cruise" in St Marten was $45/ea and the St. Thomas tour was $20/ea with a $10.00 tip. We wheeled and dealed a bit on the St Thomas tour. I think he wanted $25/ea but we settled on $20.00. We tipped $10.00 because the guide was hilarious!! :rotfl2:

Hi All,

According to a coworker, who happenes to have a time share on St. Maartin, the best place for jewely is Majesty Jewelers on the French side.

And according to the sales person at Nordstrom St. Maartin is great for handbags( French designers and outlets). Scary thought, my DW may go nuts ;), I believe she has issues with these items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter