• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

St. John Trunk Bay Beach excursion

newcruiser

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the St. John Trunk Bay excursion? Is it worth the time and money? Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!!

Feb 2002 11 of us sailed the Magic and this was our excursion. WE LOVED IT! You meet to get the Island Girl ferry over to the island. This was fun. Sit inside unless you want to get wet. The boat can get a little rocky but not bad. Sit in the front, near the exit and you'll be able to take pics. You'll see Michael Jordan's home and Madonna's home too. It makes the ride go faster. When you dock you grab open-sided vehicles over to Trunk Bay. This was fun for me - sit on the outside, not inside. You can stop along the way to take photos. Ask to stop if you don't think they will. The beach is gorgeous!
If you've never snorkeled (like me) definately get your equipment and listen to the 5 minute spiel. It gives good tips and shows how to put it on properly (and HOW to breath properly). If you have water shoes you might want to have them with (when you don't have the fins on). Sharp sometimes. Fish are good - depending on where you go. Float and watch them go by you. Go away from people and you'll see lots.
Again, we loved this excursion and no regrets. Have a great breakfast to start with. You'll be back in time to get lunch at the buffet and enjoy a swim/sun break the do some shopping.

Kim ºOº

We did the 5 star excursion to Trunk Bay via the Leylon. A large boat that took you directly to Trunk Bay where you can jump off the boat in deeper water and snorkel or take a dinghy to the shore. It was a great excursion

We did the 5 star and it was the BEST excursion I have ever done, when we do eastern again in a few years I will definately do it again.Trunk Bay is just beautiful and un spoiled and the people on the boat were great, the trip out there is really neat a you see a bunch of small islands jutting out of the water- as well as Richard Simmon's house and the white castle guy's house (looks like the castle) Ann

We did our own excursion to St. John. We rented a car and took a car ferry to Trunk Bay. Cheaper and spent WAY more time there. I've read alot of people are too scared to drive there though. It's a shame, because we found it easy. I guess we are more adventurous than most. We also went to Megans Bay- which if you're looking for great snorkeling, SKIP that. Trunk Bay was the BEST. I loved it. Our car we got from Avis- can't even remember now exactly what we paid ( it was 7 months ago..) but it was CLOSE to $40 for the DAY and the ferry was only $27 round trip. So, all in all, we paid about $70 total for 4 adult and 2 kids (plus a baby)... You'll pay about an average $50 a PERSON on a Disney excursion.. BUT if you aren't adventurous and don't want to drive and do the car ferry thing, stick with your excursion... But we had a blast....

We also took the Island Girl for the St John Trunk Bay snorkeling excursion. It was great. Trunk Bay is a beautiful beach--probably the most beautiful we have seen. Definitely worth the trip. We went last year and want to do it again when we go this year. Can't go wrong.

Group of 8 on 7-7-01 Magic. We followed the info on these boards and did on our own, got taxi driver from ship, get price up front. Did ferry to St. Johns taxi driver again after getting off ferry, get price up front. Stayed about 4 hours or more. The disney excursion came about an hour after we got there, and left about and hour before we did. It was easy and the most beautiful beach ever. Snorkling rental $5.00 per person all day. It cost us about $30 per person roundtrip.

REPEAT!!!DO not sit outside of the Island Girl unless you want to get soaked!!!! We took this ferry over for the Island Tour and had 2 infants with us & no one warned us that we would be soaked. You would think the crew would have had enough sense to tell us! I would not suggest the island tour period. I am sure me or my sis will elaborate in a later post.

Question for DeeB----How were you able to take infants on the St John excursion? We have two little ones who are part of our party (between 14-17 months) and Disney will not book us because they are too young. However, we did this same trip with our 3 yr old last year bcs they let us book it at the excursion desk. We just had to agree & understand that he wouldnot be allowed to snorkel, which was fine w/us. (Last year when we went no advanced reservations were allowed.) When and how did you book your reservation? We didn't have problems getting wet (we sat in the front) and loved the trip. Would be interested in hearing more about your experience, esp since you had two little ones. Thanks.

We took the St John Island Tour not the snorkel. Any age child can go on that one. You take the same ferry for both tours. Our problems were first we got soaked, no one in our truck could understand our driver so therefore you were really just looking at everything which was beautiful, but I would have liked to know what I was looking at. The ferry was not there to pick us up when we returned from the tour so we were almost 2 hours late returning to the ship so we had no time left to do anything else. It just bummed our group out that all we got to do was the excursion because we returned too late. We took the island tour in St Maartin and it was great and 1/2 the price of the other. We like to do the tour the first time we visit then do our own thing in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter