Ssr

drise

Mouseketeer
I'll be at OKW 3/1-3/6, does the boat stop at SSR from OKW yet? Is SSR open to walk around, I know the models are at BW, but I want to see the pool and grounds.
Thanks

SSR will not be open until May 17. I'm sure that with the construction they will not let the general public walk around the grounds.:D

Is there an official date for the transition of the DVC Sales office/models over to SSR?

If they do that before May 17th, people who visit might be able to get a sneak peek.

I can't wait to see some pictures of the inside of the common areas, check in, restaurant, etc.

I'm not sure that they will transition the sales office over to SSR. They have quite the area at BWV dedicated to just sales, and they've already handled 3 or 4 resorts out of that area (BWV, BCV, SSR and maybe VWL - I can't remember for certain).

Originally posted by Scott Wattum
I'm not sure that they will transition the sales office over to SSR. They have quite the area at BWV dedicated to just sales, and they've already handled 3 or 4 resorts out of that area (BWV, BCV, SSR and maybe VWL - I can't remember for certain).
They have announced the change to SSR for the sales area which makes sense. They have already sold points for BWV for the area where the sales office sites now. So I think it's safe to say when, not if, the sales office will move.

Well, that's what I get for not visiting the boards for awhile. Thanks for the info Dean.

I guess we've been too busy planning our 15 day stay at OKW this May/June and thinking about what we're going to do with the SSR points we bought on the last stay.

The closest you will get to wandering around the grounds of SSR is to drive to the Lake Buena Vista Golf Club Clubhouse. There are construction fences up but you will get a good idea of the size of this comlex. You may be able to go in to hit a bucket of range balls or shop in the pro shop if your not able to play a round of golf. I played the course on New Year's day and one of my favorite parts of the day was getting a good impression of SSR.

HBC

Originally posted by Scott Wattum
Well, that's what I get for not visiting the boards for awhile. Thanks for the info Dean.

I guess we've been too busy planning our 15 day stay at OKW this May/June and thinking about what we're going to do with the SSR points we bought on the last stay.
Heck, I went to San Antonio for 5 days without net access and felt totally lost and overwhelmed when I returned.

Originally posted by Happy Birthday Cat
The closest you will get to wandering around the grounds of SSR is to drive to the Lake Buena Vista Golf Club Clubhouse.

:smooth:

<a href="http://disneydoc.homestead.com/ssrjan04.html">The closest you will get to wandering around the grounds of SSR</a>

They are going to move the DVC sales offices to SSR in the spring when the first section opens. The display rooms at BWV will revert to regular villa rooms after a little construction and cosmetic work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter