• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR - Where to request a room

DonaldDuck21

Mouseketeer
I an staying at SSR for the first time in May and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a room request. I am staying in a studio.

Thanks!

we were in the 87 building in the Grandstand area. We really like it in that area. It is close to the main check-in area and the pool area in the Grandstand is really nice. Also the bus stop in Grandstand is first on and first off.

We always request Grandstand and like it there. Many others like Congress Park with it's close proximity to Downtown Disney. I think either would be great.

We really like the Springs b/c it's so close to everything. No quiet pool, but it's the closest to the main pool and AP.

We have stayed Grandstand, Springs, Paddock and Congress Park. We like Paddock the best. We are adults only, no kids. We like the quiet pools better than the main pool and think the walk to the main area is nice.

We stayed at Congress Park and it was really nice to be able to walk to DTD and our room looked out at the quiet pool. I think next time I would like to be closer to the main building, but on our last day there I realized we werent really THAT far from the main building, but since it was so coldwhen we went we did not want to walk there! Always called bell services to drive us LOL. EXCELLENT bus service from Congress Park, I hadheard nightmare stories about the bus system at SSR but we never waited longer than 5-7 minutes for a bus.

Thanks for posting this thread. We're staying there for the first time in a few months and had requested Grandstand when we made the ressies. Looks like it was a wise decision for our needs.

We really like Congress Park, that area has the best views. Some of the buildings at Grandstand were too far removed from the main part of the resort for us and now that the buses come from the Treehouses we found the area congested at the bus stops.

We just returned from Spring Break at SSR and have always stayed at Congress Park. We like the closeness to the Main Building and Downtown Disney.

::yes::Great question and info. We are planning a trip to SSR soon and this is helpful information.

My DH and I has a Studio in The Springs during our stay in March and really liked it. We were close to the bus stop, the main pool, and DTD. We'd definitely recommend it!

I was in a studio at The Carousel for the week before Easter. The room was great, and there was a bus stop over the road, but it was a real walk to get to the main building for problems, which we had a few of, or shopping, or even filling my mug. It was easily a mile walk each way, which with my mum who has bad legs, wasn't really all that great.

If I stay there again I will make sure that I request, and hopefully get, a room much closer to the main building.

Hi
You will LOVE SSR, its our home resort and we love to stay there. We have always stayed in Congress Park since you can walk really easily to DTD and there is a nice quiet pool there (we are all adults, no kids).
That said, the Carousel area looks lovely too, and I would say that it would be a swift walk to the main house and the restaurant etc which may be an advantage to you and your party.
enjoy!:cool1:

We always make our requests in this order: Springs, Grandstand, Congress Park. We had Springs twice and CP this last trip.

I think the very best building would be the Grandstand building nearest The Carriage House (Turf Club/Artist's Pallette). You would be close to both the main pool and the Grandstand pool. The other end of the Grandstand section seems awfully far away from everything, which is why we make it our second choice. Everything in The Springs section is close to The Carriage House

I was in a studio at The Carousel for the week before Easter. The room was great, and there was a bus stop over the road, but it was a real walk to get to the main building for problems, which we had a few of, or shopping, or even filling my mug. It was easily a mile walk each way, which with my mum who has bad legs, wasn't really all that great.

If I stay there again I will make sure that I request, and hopefully get, a room much closer to the main building.

I had to check on this because last time I walked through SSR, it was nowhere near a mile. Google maps shows it to be a little less than 1/3 of a mile (~1500 ft) from the farthest Carousel building to the main building. While it may have felt like a mile, it was nowhere near that.

Thanks for this thread, it was just what I was looking for! My 14 year old daughter and I will be staying at SSR for the first time in June. Could someone give me the running order for the bus stops in SSR? I won't have a car on this trip, so if you had to choose by bus stop alone, which area would you choose?

Thanks!

With no car, I would recommend staying either close to the main house - where you can go for food, buy food or catch a boat to DTD or a bus to the parks. Or stay at the other end in Congress Park which is closer to DTD, you can walk but might be a bit too far from the main house for you? Have a look at a map and see what you think.
Its lovely whereever you stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter