SSR to DTD walkway

elg_s

Mouseketeer
I am trying to figure out the best way to get from MK to DTD. Someone on the transportation board suggested taking the bus to SSR and walking to DTD. I have never been to SSR and have a few questions.

Is the pathway clearly marked so I will be able to figure out where I am going?
Is it well-lit/safe for two adult women to walk after dark?
How long of a walk is it?
Thanks in advance!
erica

Actually, I would take the monorail to GF or Poly and a bus from there. I think GF is the last stop after WL and Poly before going to DTD.

Actually, I would take the monorail to GF or Poly and a bus from there. I think GF is the last stop after WL and Poly before going to DTD.
Have to agree most people think it's easier to use SSR but once there you have to walk the path, at night it is not well lit and a lot farther than using one of the monorail resorts bus stop. You get a bus near the monorail stop and dropped off right at DTD. Even from Epcot it's easier to walk to BCV and take a DTD bus.

We stayed at SSR in the Congress Park section and could walk on a path to DD in about 5-10 minutes. It was a really quick walk but the path wasn't well lit. There is a sign on the far left of the Congress Park parking lot that shows where the path is located to DD. That path was really short. There was a longer one that was lit better but I never took that one. It would probably be much easier to walk to the Contemporary and take the DD bus--then you won't have to worry about getting lost or walking in the dark. :surfweb:

I believe you can take the Monoral from MK and catch a Downtown Disney bus from the Ticket Transportation Center.

I believe you can take the Monoral from MK and catch a Downtown Disney bus from the Ticket Transportation Center.

Or you can take the ferry from MK to the Ticket and Transportation Center as well, then catch a Downtown Disney bus.

There is a pamphlet in your check in package that has a great map of WDW. Next to that map is a list of what buses to take to get from each resort or park to somewhere else. I'd check it right now for you, but I left it in our car in the BLT parking lot. I'd rather not run down in my nightshirt and get it. :eek

The other option of going to SSR you could also take the ferry from SSR to DTD.

I never knew there wasnt a direct bus from mk to dtd. I wouldnt take the ferry that will take forever. Depending on when you leave mk it can be really busy at the exits. Im assuming your leaving earlier than closing. We usually stay at okw or ssr because they are both handy to dtd. So when you leave mk go directly over to the buses see how long the lines are at each bus stop , okw and ssr. You have a choice, take one thats there first, if your taking ssr you get off at congress park take path , i might be inclined to take the path along the water buts its only a 5 to 10 min walk to rainforest cafe end. Its very safe. Or you can get off at main building go down and take boat ride. That will take a bit longer. If you get okw bus get off at penninsular and take short 2 min walk to boat docks and take about a 20 min relaxing boat ride that stops at pi dock. If you dont get off at penninsular you can go thru entire complex and end up back at hh before you get off and walk thru to boat docks.

Another option is to take a bus to OKW or SSR, get off at the main bus stop and then take a bus to DTD - only about a 2-3 min. ride.

Or you can take the ferry from MK to the Ticket and Transportation Center as well, then catch a Downtown Disney bus.

Neither suggestion will work as there are no buses from the TTC to DTD.

You could go to the TTC and take a cab.:thumbsup2

I just stayed at SSR and I thought that path was fine, but i wouldnt have known my way if I wasn't staying in Congress Park. Either go to a hotel to get a bus to DTD or go to SSR-Congress Park bus stop and wait for the bus to DTD, from there its only like 1-2 min via bus.

We stayed in the Congress Park area and took the path on several occasions. it is only a few minutes walk and we had no problems with lights at night or snakes( don't remember even seeing any)...smjj

Your not helping,,,
I've also seen a lot of snakes along SSR to DTD path, I would def recomend the other options.

Not to mention lizards and, heaven forbid, gators! :scared1:

I've done it many times and yes, even at night... to me it was not well-lit... but I ride a scooter, so I just ramped the thing up as fast as it would go and figured I could out run anything that might appear! :moped:

If you take the bus to SSR get off at the Congress park stop, walk between the building to the back by the pool, The path is along the water and I feel adequately lit (Well lit is obviously a subjective thing). Another option is to monorail to one of the MK resorts and catch a bus to DTD from there.

When we stay in Congress Park, we walk to DTD frequently at night. It is very well lit back there. Even if it wasn't for the pole lights, the lights from DTD are bright enough so you could see the sidewalk with ease.

I have only seen one snake (that wasn't on the Jungle Cruise) in the years I have been going to WDW, and it wasn't on that trail.

Just follow the lake. You can't miss it. It's big and wet.

You could of course get off the bus at the main pool and walk to the boat landing on the other side of the main building. That boat would take you to the Westside and PI with little walking.

I am trying to figure out the best way to get from MK to DTD. Someone on the transportation board suggested taking the bus to SSR and walking to DTD. I have never been to SSR and have a few questions.

Is the pathway clearly marked so I will be able to figure out where I am going?
Is it well-lit/safe for two adult women to walk after dark?
How long of a walk is it?
Thanks in advance!
erica

in addition to my above post - I see you are staying at POFQ. If can also take the boat from POFQ to DTD, I think.

Just thought of a third option. Walk to the Contemporary from MK and grab one of their buses to DTD :) That may be the fastest and safest choice of them all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter