SSR...Recommendations???

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Just booked a two-bedroom at the SSR for Nov/Dec trip for four adults...any suggestions about where to stay??? Restaurants on-site??? Thanks!

Only 2 restaruants at SSR. Artist Palatte (quick service) and the Turf Club Bar & Grill (table service). Both are located in the Carriage House. Some of the pools will also have a limited food menu.

As for where to stay, it depends on what you will be doing while there.
For ease of access to the bus system, the Grandstand section is the first stop (of five) for Theme Park buses. The Grandstand is also close the Carriage House and one of the two walk ways to Disney Springs (DTD).
For ease of access to Disney Springs (DTD), Congress Park is near to the other walk way.

We were just at the Paddock section in a 2BR.....loved the new quiet themed pool! Was a nice relaxing walk across the bridge to get to the Carriage House, but we preferred the laid back atmosphere of being away from the main pool.

If you are travelling without kids I would recommend Congress Park Section. You can walk to Disney Springs, the pool area is less hectic.

Reactions: Cee

I love GrandStand because it is the first bus stop to be picked up, first to drop off after the parks. Also it is not that far a walk (headed up to the Carriage House and pool to catch the last bus if you walk out at GS and see you missed it. You can quickly walk to that last stop.) It has it's own themed pool with a poolside snack bar and bar. It is a short walk to the Carriage House and main pool. I like Congress Park too, but it is the next to the last bus stop. However like others have mentioned it is very close to DTD.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! How are the restaurants at SSR?
The Artist's Palette has a great variety of food that anyone can find something they like. Also, it hosts SSR's gift shop and you can grab snacks and some grocery items there too. The 2 pool quick service counters are your usual burgers type of fare but still pretty good as well. The Table Service is good food but nothing special about it. However, it is quiet and a nice change of pace from being in the parks or DS.

Thanks for all the info...Do you think I would need reservations for Artist Palette? Easy to walk up for a table?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter