SSR Price per point guesses?

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
Well, it appears that SSR is moving along quite nicely, according to the pictures Doc just posted.

It got me wondering....what does everyone think the price per point will be at SSR?

Traditiionally, DVD has increased prices with each new resort. But this is the first on-site resort since OKW that is being built without an existing WDW resort to share amenities with. It has a remote location (unless you're a shopaholic :p ), so I'm wondering how well they'll be able to sell at a higher price.

Just grist for the mill...what do you all think? :)

Like I posted previously, Maybe just a rumor. A guide I was talking with last week said the price would be going up to $89.00 in a couple of months. I qualified that by saying she may have been trying to drum up business. I also asked her about the end date of 2042 and if it would be extended. She had no idea.

Everyone has their own ideas about pricing,I think as these resorts get closer to the end date it will be hard to justify a higher price. Unless people go into this large investment with blinders on.

As everyone says "just my 2 cents"

Regards, Rich

I was at Downtown Disney West Side on Sunday, May 25. I stopped by the DVC kiosk and spoke to the guide about the SSR construction visible across the water. I introduced myself as a new member (closed 5/20/03) and wanted to see pics of BWV since I wouldn't be making my there that day.

I asked what the price per point would be when SSR sells and she said it would stay at $84. I found that surprising, so I asked if the slow economy was impacting prices. She said "no, DVC doesn't raise point costs."

Oh, really, I thought. That's when I said thank you and left... Take it for what it's worth as we prognosticate.

By the way...From the second I introduced myself as a new member, the guide seemed completely disinterested in me. Boy, was I glad my DVC-reluctant DH wasn't around to witness her unfriendly and condescending customer service toward a member. I'll write it off to a bad day.... I realize this thread isn't for griping about that.

It partly depends on when presales start. I feel it's 50/50 for a price increase before presales or to start presales at $84 and then announce a price increase. By or just after opening, I'd suspect the price will be around $90 pp.

We were at Downtown Disney West Side on Thursday, May 22. I stopped by the DVC kiosk and spoke to the 2 guides about the SSR construction visible across the water. I asked what the price would be, and both told me that they had no idea, that it was determined at the finish of construction.

By the way, when we told them we were already members, they both gave big grins with a big "Welcome Home!"

Lets get realistic. The economy is brutal and there is too much Disney hotel capacity. No change in pricing, with MB.

I agree with the analysis that says no increase at all and a continuation of MB.

DVC has profited from a lack of places to invest money at any kind of good guaranteed return. I think the number of people with investment money "sitting around" is getting smaller with the recession and the slow recovery in the stock market.

The over capacity of hotel rooms and the ever increasing competition from all quarters is definitely (sue me if I'm wrong!) going to prevent DVC from posting any price increase at all.

I think they will raise the price to $90.00 but will extend the end date beyond 2042, possibly to the original 50 years that was offered for OKW.

HBC

I don't see the benefit for adding on at SSR. I think a lot of current members did add ons at BCV and that helped spike the speed of BCV sales.

I don't see the push for SSR. A price increase would be foolish in my opinion.

The economy is actually better now then it was when BCV's opened and BCV has sold like wildfire dispite how many price increases ? The economy is also forecasted to be on the rebound which should time nicely with the opening of SSR. Personally, I think DVC is almost "economy proof".

I think the price will open at $84.00. If sales are strong, it will jump up in $5.00 increaments. The only reason I can think of for sluggish sales is the 38 years of use. I think we're getting very close to a DVC II situation.

I agree with Dean and KNWVIKING that the pre-opening price will probably be $84 and they will announce an increase to $90. It seems DVC sales are now slower, but are still good compared to the timeshare industry sales timeline.

ralphd:D :D :D :D

Don't forget that members were able to buy BCV points at a $5 discount making the point cost $70.

SSR doesn't do it for me. I think BCV was much more interesting to current members.

We shall see.

I think the finished product (SSR) will determine the price per point and the sales pace. If they build a great resort with a pool that's comparable to SAB, I dont see why it's point cost would not be in the $90.00 range. SSR may provide some benefits in it's transportation to DD and the theme parks. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

While SS will have it's following, I see it needing a kick for sales and I don't think the slide, location and new GV being enough to do so. Since I doubt the price will be the kicker or free passes, I wonder what it will be. Maybe use of the spa, maybe lower points but I doubt it. I see SS to be for people that want to buy in and will buy there because it'll be the only option directly from DVC. Otherwise I see it as an add on spot, much like VB and HH for the majority. I guess an extension of the RTU could be it but somehow I doubt it. I just don't see the posts that say "I am passing up BCV or BWV to buy SS at a higher price because I love the area so like we did for BCV. Regardles, it should be interesting.

I guess my fear is sales will be slow and that will be the end of the new DVC resorts, I hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if DVD might try to market SSR as a full service resort and spa aimed more for the non-theme park crowd. It's location lends it more towards the shoppers and nightlife crowds. It has easy access to the "outside world". It might have its own upscale boutique shops similar to GF, maybe a gourmet restaurant. Just a thought.

But I'm sticking with my $84.00.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
I wonder if DVD might try to market SSR as a full service resort and spa aimed more for the non-theme park crowd. It's location lends it more towards the shoppers and nightlife crowds. It has easy access to the "outside world". It might have its own upscale boutique shops similar to GF, maybe a gourmet restaurant. Just a thought.

But I'm sticking with my $84.00.
How about a friendly wager. I bet DVC announces a price increase by December and implements it by 1 June of 2004.

Originally posted by Dean
How about a friendly wager. I bet DVC announces a price increase by December and implements it by 1 June of 2004.

Has DVC ever had a price decrease...........I think you will win this bet easily.

"How about a friendly wager. I bet DVC announces a price increase by December and implements it by 1 June of 2004."

Is June 1st an estimated opening sales date for SSR ?

Just to be clear: Your stating current pricing will remain at 84, but DVC will announce an increase in Dec that won't take effect until June first so the opening price of SSR will be 89'ish.

Okay..your on. Loser wears only Speedo's and sandels in the BC lobby :-)

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
"How about a friendly wager. I bet DVC announces a price increase by December and implements it by 1 June of 2004."

Is June 1st an estimated opening sales date for SSR ?

Just to be clear: Your stating current pricing will remain at 84, but DVC will announce an increase in Dec that won't take effect until June first so the opening price of SSR will be 89'ish.

Okay..your on. Loser wears only Speedo's and sandels in the BC lobby :-)
LOL. Actually under my terms any increase before then will be to my side as well. Several were saying that the price wouldn't go up and I was just emphasizing that I'm sure it will. Frankly, I'd guess the price will go up before December. At the latest, I'd expect an announced price increase coinciding with the presales for SS (announcement) and the actualy increase more like Jan, 2004 or even prior. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer some type of specials much like they are with VB now and did with BCV initially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter