SSR owners, help me understand...

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by macemc12, Mar 20, 2013.

1. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

We don't own at SSR but do stay there. It's a beautiful resort.

We would be proud to own at SSR.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

The grounds are lovely and the location is great if you want to be close to DTD, even within walking distance. We're okay with the condo style layout mainly because it's Disney, so it feels safe. We like being able to park near the room, just like OKW. I thought that the room decor was very nice. Didn't get a chance to go swimming, but their main pool is huge and looks amazing.

This is our home resort, and I think it was a great value for DVC ownership. It has one of the lower annual dues/pt, and it has one of the longest expiration dates. These two factors played a HUGE role in our decision to go with an SSR contract. We definitely got the most for our money, I don't think we could have gotten a better deal at the time.

4. mckinneyld2000

mckinneyld2000 Earning My Ears

We bought into SSR for the per point cost, low dues fees, future treehouse stays, and access to DTD when our kids become teenagers. We haven't stayed there yet, but plan to in the future. We were used to staying in value resorts and wanted to stay in the deluxe accomidations and this is the best value for the money.:banana::banana::banana:

5. disneybaker

disneybaker Mouseketeer

We bought into SSR 10 years ago, we looked at beach club, when we were there on vacation, but SSR was about to open, we decided that it would be better to spend our $6000 honeymoon fund on a time share instead of just a vacation. We love Saratoga springs, usually split up our time between there and another resort when we go, just so we don't need to pay for meal plan when not at Disney parks. The new pool is great, our son who was 4 at last visit there didnt want to leave pool. We love the resort overall.

6. mikron

mikron Donald Pin Collector

I have rented to many guest and have not had a bad report or i wouldn't go back report. In 2004 we bought 900 points from Disney and loved the site which was in the first stage.

7. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

We have been SSR for 9 years and love it. It has 5 pools to pick from. It is a quitter resort. If I don't have a rental car and want to go to another resort I simply walk over to DTD and hop on another resort bus. They are current referbing the rooms. I can rent a bike and travel over to OKW for a visit.

Never have we ever had a bus issue.

8. MapleGirl

MapleGirl Perpetual Planner

We are in the process of buying a SSR contract. We chose this resort over AKV and BWV for a couple of reasons.
    1. Proximity to Downtown Disney
    2. Longer contract life. SSR expires in 2054. BWV expires in 2042. (AKV expires in 2057)
    3. Pretty, natural surroundings.
    4. Slower more relaxed "country club" atmosphere.
    5. Spa, gym and tennis facilities.
    6. Lower MF's
    7. Larger and quieter resort - seems like it will be good for adults without children.
    8. We like the layout of the studios

9. SpaceMountain77

SpaceMountain77 Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman

Dean, I must respectfully disagree with you on this one. Although it may be surprising to some, there are individuals out there that would rate Animal Kingdom as their favorite Walt Disney World theme park. Moreover, once Pandora, the World of Avatar, opens, I suspect that both the park and lodge will see significant increases in attendance and reservations, respectfully. Pandora will do for Animal Kingdom what Cars Land did for California Adventure.

For this reason, I would not consider its location akin to the moderates.

10. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

IMO every resort has their supporters and detractors, however, in this context the issue was more about location than anything else. I'd also suggest that at least 2 of those 3 resorts, if not all 3, are lessor resorts in other areas as well. And that has nothing to do with whether you or I like or don't like a given resort. It's simply looking at them objectively much as AAA or other ratings services would do.

11. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

The Food Court in SSR takes TIW and that's a plus I think.