SSR or two rooms at AKL?

Gru

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 6 (me, DH, DS15, DS12, DS10 and DD6). We were looking into AoA suites, but my oldest son is about 6 feet tall and doesn't think the couch or table bed will be big enough for him and a sibling. I started pricing other options. For our dates, it is $550 more than AoA to stay in 2 rooms at AKL (I know that connecting rooms are not guaranteed - but it is one resort I have always wanted to stay at), or $700 more than AoA to stay in a 2 BR at SSR. We have stayed at ASMovies, POR and off site at Bonnet Creek. We loved the layout of Bonnet Creek, but I did get sick of constantly cooking and cleaning up after everyone. Any opinions on the advantages and disadvantages of AKL and SSR? We will not have a car and will have to rely on bus transportation.... Thank You!

We are a family of 6 (me, DH, DS15, DS12, DS10 and DD6). We were looking into AoA suites, but my oldest son is about 6 feet tall and doesn't think the couch or table bed will be big enough for him and a sibling. I started pricing other options. For our dates, it is $550 more than AoA to stay in 2 rooms at AKL (I know that connecting rooms are not guaranteed - but it is one resort I have always wanted to stay at), or $700 more than AoA to stay in a 2 BR at SSR. We have stayed at ASMovies, POR and off site at Bonnet Creek. We loved the layout of Bonnet Creek, but I did get sick of constantly cooking and cleaning up after everyone. Any opinions on the advantages and disadvantages of AKL and SSR? We will not have a car and will have to rely on bus transportation.... Thank You!

AKL 2 bedroom has 1 king bed, 2 queen beds, a sofa bed, and a pull-out chair. SSR 2 bedroom does not have the pull-out chair. HTH

Are you considering renting points? It's a very affordable option. I have only stayed at AKV but we liked it so much we're staying again this December - Jambo House is beautiful. However Kidani offers the additional bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter