SSR or OKW which would you choose

jockey

Runs for Wine!
Just back from an amazing stay at AKL & GF..want to take advantage of free dining for 2017 and we are considering SSR or OKW 1BDR...which resort would you choose and why?

SSR has the better location as you can walk to Disney Springs, is newer and has nicer QS.

We didn't like the rooms at OKW thought thy were a bit tired but liked the shop and Olivias.

Last edited:
Although both are lovely resorts, SSR for me. There's nothing wrong with OKW but it just doesn't do it for me.

SSR 1 bedroom villas : 714 sq.ft
OKW 1 bedroom villas : 942 sq.ft

230 additional square feet for the same price ... yes, size matters :p

LOL..thanks..the kids prefer OKW from what they have seen on your tube! Those rooms are huge at OKW

There is one more bed at OKW in a one bed villa. A double pull out and a fair sized single pull out. The one bed villas are massive we loves the space. Didn't care for OKW as a resort much but the villa was brilliant.

Love OKW. It's our favorite resort. The pool and recreational opportunities are great. Olivia's is a great restaurant, and you can take the boat to Disney Springs. The villas are very comfortable.

OKW is our second favourite resort (BLT is our favourite) as we love the atmosphere of the resort and the layout of the villas - we always have a one bedroom. I like the balcony has a proper table and chairs as well!

I am in (sort of the same) position, jockey.

We had considered a slightly different holiday for next year, but are now being heavily swayed to book again for WDW next year. We have seen that it will cost only a few hundred more to stay in either OKW or SSR, compared to POFQ.

I have been doing a little research into the resorts, but I am more swayed by SSR than OKW. I prefer the room lay outs & like the option of walking to Disney Springs.

We too considered SSR..I liked the face we could walk to DS. The kids had a look on you tube and decided they preferred OKW..and we have never stayed there!

Last edited:
We looooove OKW. We request a water view and quiet spot and really enjoy sitting out on the balcony relaxing. Loads of space and the chilled holiday atmosphere of the resort is great as a contrast to the frantic pace of the parks. Also loads to do so great balance? The best way is to you tube it like you have and see which vibe suits you best. Think the resorts are like marmite in personal choice :rotfl2:

We looooove OKW. We request a water view and quiet spot and really enjoy sitting out on the balcony relaxing. Loads of space and the chilled holiday atmosphere of the resort is great as a contrast to the frantic pace of the parks. Also loads to do so great balance? The best way is to you tube it like you have and see which vibe suits you best. Think the resorts are like marmite in personal choice :rotfl2:

Resorts are like Marmite..that made me laugh!! It looks a very bright resort just like the GF!!!

We stayed at OKW in 2014 & really enjoyed it, we took the in-laws with us so booked a 2 bedroom apartment, it was huge.
It's a lovely resort & very quiet.
We wondered round SSR when we visited the golf club that's part of the resort, SSR is also very nice but we preferred the look & feel of OKW.

We loved OKW had a one bedroom villa 2nd floor water view. It was fab!! SSR has a better quick service restaurant but Olivias is reasonably priced for table service :0)

i just posted a similar question....i didn't see your thread before posting..
we're trying to make the same decision - OKW vs SSR....
we've stayed at OKW multiple times and loved it, but the downside is the lack of a true quick service option..
decisions decisions...

Hi Beth - we have been tossing between SSR & OKW - we are swayed towards SSR if/when we book again for next year.

I have been researching SSR & OKW, and after watching The Dis's video cast from last year's 7 Resorts in 7 Days on OKW, I think SSR is a better choice for us. QS dining option being one (Dis mentioned this being missing at OKW as well as limited use for the resort refill mugs) and the walk to Disney Springs is a plus to.

Hi Beth - we have been tossing between SSR & OKW - we are swayed towards SSR if/when we book again for next year.

I have been researching SSR & OKW, and after watching The Dis's video cast from last year's 7 Resorts in 7 Days on OKW, I think SSR is a better choice for us. QS dining option being one (Dis mentioned this being missing at OKW as well as limited use for the resort refill mugs) and the walk to Disney Springs is a plus to.

i've come to the same conclusion...SSR...
it will be interesting to try a new resort..
we've stayed in almost every disney resort, so i guess we really should stay at SSR for that reason alone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter