SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Any recent guests that can identify what the iron vs clothes steamer option currently is at SSR? DVC amenities list states iron, but I've seen threads for other resorts mentioning a switch to steamers. Just trying to plan accordingly!

Any recent guests that can identify what the iron vs clothes steamer option currently is at SSR? DVC amenities list states iron, but I've seen threads for other resorts mentioning a switch to steamers. Just trying to plan accordingly!
Just back from a lovely stay at SSR. While I didn’t use the iron and ironing board, I did hang my clothes in the closet and noticed a standard iron. I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Wow, looks like I’m reviving this thread!

Quick report on our recent mid-December first time at SSR- we enjoyed this resort! 4 adults in a deluxe studio. Room was very clean, beds all very comfortable. Resort staff was extremely pleasant in every department. It’s a beautiful resort, although we were a little surprised at just how large it felt (despite being aware of that). Our room was in the last Paddock building, closest to Congress Park. Not an ideal trip from lobby, although we were given golf cart rides from bell services with our luggage. We were right across from the CP bus stop so used that one, and enjoyed the quick walk to DS several times. The walk through the Paddock area to the lobby took about ten minutes and was very pleasant, especially once we figured out how to walk along the water and buildings and off the main road. The pizza and French toast strata at Artist’s were both fresh and delicious. The Bullseye cupcake was a huge favorite- very good. Bus service was also excellent. Very minimal waiting either to or from the parks. We had an after hours ressie at Oga’s and there was a bus waiting for us, and he took us directly to our section as we were the only ones on board. As we were checking out, a bus full of characters arrived. It was lovely to see them playing with all the kids who were just checking in. Overall, we would recommend SSR although we personally prefer smaller resorts.

Quick report on our recent mid-December first time at SSR- we enjoyed this resort! 4 adults in a deluxe studio. Room was very clean, beds all very comfortable. Resort staff was extremely pleasant in every department. It’s a beautiful resort, although we were a little surprised at just how large it felt (despite being aware of that). Our room was in the last Paddock building, closest to Congress Park. Not an ideal trip from lobby, although we were given golf cart rides from bell services with our luggage. We were right across from the CP bus stop so used that one, and enjoyed the quick walk to DS several times. The walk through the Paddock area to the lobby took about ten minutes and was very pleasant, especially once we figured out how to walk along the water and buildings and off the main road. The pizza and French toast strata at Artist’s were both fresh and delicious. The Bullseye cupcake was a huge favorite- very good. Bus service was also excellent. Very minimal waiting either to or from the parks. We had an after hours ressie at Oga’s and there was a bus waiting for us, and he took us directly to our section as we were the only ones on board. As we were checking out, a bus full of characters arrived. It was lovely to see them playing with all the kids who were just checking in. Overall, we would recommend SSR although we personally prefer smaller resorts.
Sounds like you had a good time!

We stayed in Paddock earlier this year and that was my only real gripe was the longish walk to the main lobby. We were right next to the paddock pool for our room which sounds like it was closer than yours. The bridge over the water on the way was nice though. The grounds there are very nice which helps.

Sounds like you had a good time!

We stayed in Paddock earlier this year and that was my only real gripe was the longish walk to the main lobby. We were right next to the paddock pool for our room which sounds like it was closer than yours. The bridge over the water on the way was nice though. The grounds there are very nice which helps.
Yes- the Paddock pool/bridge seems to be about the midway point, and we were wayyy on the other end lol. Luckily we weren’t schlepping kids to the pool every day, which would’ve been a task. We didn’t have a car and were a little overwhelmed day 1, but once we got our bearings a little more I thought the size of the resort was manageable without a car, although very large. At first they tried to put us in the far end of the Carousel, but I sweet talked my way out of that one lol.

Yes- the Paddock pool/bridge seems to be about the midway point, and we were wayyy on the other end lol. Luckily we weren’t schlepping kids to the pool every day, which would’ve been a task. We didn’t have a car and were a little overwhelmed day 1, but once we got our bearings a little more I thought the size of the resort was manageable without a car, although very large. At first they tried to put us in the far end of the Carousel, but I sweet talked my way out of that one lol.
We own at SSR and it's a fear that one day we'll end up at the Carousel. Thanks for the great report and your opinion on the resort. We like it a lot, but our favorite is either of the DVCs at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

We own at SSR and it's a fear that one day we'll end up at the Carousel. Thanks for the great report and your opinion on the resort. We like it a lot, but our favorite is either of the DVCs at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
We were in the Carousel once and it wasn’t as bad as I had feared! Decent hike to the Carriage House but not insurmountable. Too cold to swim that trip so distance to the pools wasn’t an issue. Have a preferred 2BR booked for our stay next week, first time I’ve sprung for the extra points!

We were in the Carousel once and it wasn’t as bad as I had feared! Decent hike to the Carriage House but not insurmountable. Too cold to swim that trip so distance to the pools wasn’t an issue. Have a preferred 2BR booked for our stay next week, first time I’ve sprung for the extra points!
Good to hear about the Carousel 🙂.
Have a great trip. Hope the crowds have departed. The week after Thanksgiving was fabulous.

Did you get to Gideon’s?

Just remembered- we were told it would be $6 to deliver our grocery order to the room, but it took them so long (probably close to an hour, had to call back because we were leaving for a reservation) they didn’t charge us. They said they couldn’t find some bags which caused the delay. We had to be present for delivery.

Thanks for the update, we are planning a trip in October. Looking forward to it.

Good to hear about the Carousel 🙂.
Have a great trip. Hope the crowds have departed. The week after Thanksgiving was fabulous.
Thanks! I bit concerned about crowd levels but we knew it would be super busy. Still have one in college and one in high school so it makes coordinating times tough when you don’t want to go in the high heat of July!

So appreciate this update from @wonderchica! Wonderful to read. Thank you for taking the time to share. My daughter and I will be there in ten days to celebrate her college graduation. It sounds like SSR will be a wonderful place for us to luxuriate. Now we just hope the weather cooperates. Warm or cold, its ok as long as the sun shines on us!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom last September and ended up in the "dreaded" Carousel section. When I saw that come up our my app, I was so disappointed - that is until I got there and saw where it was located - we had room 7203. We were literally right across the street from the Carousel bus stop and could walk to the Paddock pool and Paddock bus stop in well under 5 minutes. We absolutely loved being in the Carousel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 31
We stayed in a 1 bedroom last September and ended up in the "dreaded" Carousel section. When I saw that come up our my app, I was so disappointed - that is until I got there and saw where it was located - we had room 7203. We were literally right across the street from the Carousel bus stop and could walk to the Paddock pool and Paddock bus stop in well under 5 minutes. We absolutely loved being in the Carousel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
We had a similar view from Carousel, like being in a park! I wouldn’t mind being in Carousel again, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter