SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I booked (rented points) a one bedroom for April because I thought all one bedroom had Murphy bed and trundle bed. I have two teenagers. Is this not true?
They should all have them. OP stated they stayed in May, this was prior to the refurb being done so not all rooms would have had them at that point in time.

I booked (rented points) a one bedroom for April because I thought all one bedroom had Murphy bed and trundle bed. I have two teenagers. Is this not true?
I think it is only a few here and there that don't. I wish I remembered my room number but I did post it in a Saratoga Facebook group shortly after we got back. There was one other poster that had the same thing. It was Grandstand, Building right next to the pool. Definitely fully refurbished room at the time, brand new. Not an accessible room or anything else majorly different about it. But it definitely did not have the trundle bed 5th sleeper. ETA: it did have a connecting door in the living room on the far right when looking at the TV, which is why there wasn't enough room for the trundle. The first room did not have a connecting door there.

Last edited:
They do all have pull down beds. This was completed around or before October. Perhaps you / kids just didn’t notice it. You pull down above the couch and the couch collapses.
Yes, you are right, the couch was a pull down. I misspoke - I meant to say there was no 5th sleeper in a studio, which for some reason I thought there would be. My mistake.

I think it is only a few here and there that don't. I wish I remembered my room number but I did post it in a Saratoga Facebook group shortly after we got back. There was one other poster that had the same thing. It was Grandstand, Building right next to the pool. Definitely fully refurbished room at the time, brand new. Not an accessible room or anything else majorly different about it. But it definitely did not have the trundle bed 5th sleeper. ETA: it did have a connecting door in the living room on the far right when looking at the TV, which is why there wasn't enough room for the trundle. The first room did not have a connecting door there.
So you are saying "trundle" bed which is something that would pull out from under another bed. I'm referring to the smaller than twin bed that should flip down from the console under the TV. I'm not understanding how a door to the right of the TV would prevent this from being in the room. Just confused so seeking clarification.

So you are saying "trundle" bed which is something that would pull out from under another bed. I'm referring to the smaller than twin bed that should flip down from the console under the TV. I'm not understanding how a door to the right of the TV would prevent this from being in the room. Just confused so seeking clarification.

It's the 5th sleeper under the TV that was missing, not trundle. My first room before I moved had it and second one didn't. The second one bedroom only slept 4. King in bedroom and Murphy in living room. There was a small skinny console like table under the TV instead.

It's the 5th sleeper under the TV that was missing, not trundle. My first room before I moved had it and second one didn't. The second one bedroom only slept 4. King in bedroom and Murphy in living room. There was a small skinny console like table under the TV instead.
Odd. Curious if maybe they ran out of the fold down beds and replaced (or will replace) once back available.

Yes, you are right, the couch was a pull down. I misspoke - I meant to say there was no 5th sleeper in a studio, which for some reason I thought there would be. My mistake.
There is no 5th sleeping space in a SSR studio. The small fold down was put in 1 and 2 bedrooms at SSR. My point from above is that if DVC wants to remove them from SSR 1 and 2 bedrooms. They should also remove them from BWV, BCV and BRV studios. Those studios are basically the same size and layout of SSR studios and are all within 1-3 square feet. Those studios were originally a queen size bed and a sofa bed. No fold down bed under the TV. They did not put them in the 1 and 2 bedrooms at those resorts (BWV has no dedicated 2 bedrooms all lock offs). SSR and most other 1 bedrooms are rated for 5 to sleep plus 1 child under 3 years of age. So adding the small fold down bed makes sense. SSR owners paid for this to be added and if DVC were to remove it, they should have to credit the owners for the removal and they, themselves pay all the labor. I just cannot find a reason to remove them. They have been installed in at least 6 other DVC resorts. Remove it from one, I say remove them from all. They probably cannot remove them from VGF, PVB and RIV, I do not own any of those and I would suspect it is written in the contract, just like OKW will have 2 queen beds.

Later this week, we will be staying at SSR for the first time. Do they sell cases or 12 packs of bottled water at the gift shop or quick service area? We were able to purchase the bottled water at POP the last time we were there.

Thank you.

Later this week, we will be staying at SSR for the first time. Do they sell cases or 12 packs of bottled water at the gift shop or quick service area? We were able to purchase the bottled water at POP the last time we were there.

Thank you.
I can’t specifically state for SSR, but we have not seen the multi-packs of water since July of ‘21. We were back in September and December and there were no multi-packs anywhere.

Does the resort have rules regarding only being able to park near where your villa is located? Or for example, if my villa is in one of the non-preferred locations, could we actually park our car at Congress park for example to make it easier to walk over to Disney Springs.

Does the resort have rules regarding only being able to park near where your villa is located? Or for example, if my villa is in one of the non-preferred locations, could we actually park our car at Congress park for example to make it easier to walk over to Disney Springs.
If there are rules against that, I don’t know about them. I have done that previously. I just didn’t park too close to where the elevators for those rooms would be.

We did this all the time when we were there in July. I don't know of any rule against it either.

Once you're in the gate, no one checks where you go or where you park. As above, just be considerate of those who are actually staying there.

Just went to do my online check in for a stay in February. We have a standard studio and love the Paddock area. However, in the options for room location during check in, the Paddock area was not available. All I could pick from was Grandstand, Near Pool or Near Bus Stop. I know I've requested Paddock in the past. Did something change?

Just went to do my online check in for a stay in February. We have a standard studio and love the Paddock area. However, in the options for room location during check in, the Paddock area was not available. All I could pick from was Grandstand, Near Pool or Near Bus Stop. I know I've requested Paddock in the past. Did something change?

You are better off having MS put a note on your reservation to request The Paddock rather than using MDE.

BUY THE DVC-GOLF MEMBER PACKAGE !
Last Year was my First Disney Golf experience. My DW bought the DVC-Golf package for me as a retirement gift.
For $100 you get 4 Rounds at Oak-Trail (9-Hole Course), 4 Twilight Rounds at either Palm/Magnolia/LBV , 6 Buckets of Range Balls, 4 Companion Passes, 6 Guest Passes, 8 Rounds of Foot Golf, a DVC-Golf Hat, and a DVC Golf-Bag Tag.
Well worth the $100! I still have 2 Twilight rounds left, & 1-Oak Trail , that I will use in January 2022.
Then I will buy the package again for 2022-2023
There's even a dedicated DVC Golf Concierge at 407-454-5081 x2209
& you can book 1 Week in advance..
ENJOY!
Do you have to have the Blue Card membership to purchase the DVC Golf package? Hubby would love this, but we will only have the white card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter