SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We rented points through an online vendor. No contact with the owner at all and were not given the option to make a room request that the owner could submit for us.

Does this mean there's no way I can make a simple room request? Mine would simply be "Paddock section, water view, Not first floor."

OR is there a way I can make a room request?

We rented points through an online vendor. No contact with the owner at all and were not given the option to make a room request that the owner could submit for us.

Does this mean there's no way I can make a simple room request? Mine would simply be "Paddock section, water view, Not first floor."

I rented from DVC rental store and just emailed the associate handling the rental to ask the owner to put in my request. I also used Touring Plans and put in the exact same request. I got the room I wanted; so I'm not sure which worked.

At least some of those can be specified with online check in. The TouringPlans fax service might be an option as well.

Does anyone know what capacity SSR is running at right now?
Should be full capacity as the renovation is done on the rooms. Though there was a fire in one of the grandstand buildings a week or so ago and that will need repairs.

Should be full capacity as the renovation is done on the rooms. Though there was a fire in one of the grandstand buildings a week or so ago and that will need repairs.

Yikes. I hope everyone is okay.
So not reduced capacity due to COVID?

Question: We are staying in SSR in April on 2022. We have booked a Preferred Studio. As owners of SSR, we know the Preferred areas are CP and The Springs. However, when making the room request through MDE it shows CP as well as the Grandstand as preferred. Springs is not even an option. Has something changed?

Question: We are staying in SSR in April on 2022. We have booked a Preferred Studio. As owners of SSR, we know the Preferred areas are CP and The Springs. However, when making the room request through MDE it shows CP as well as the Grandstand as preferred. Springs is not even an option. Has something changed?
Interesting. Image below is from the website still indicating that CP and The Springs are Preferred. I don't think they could simply swap Springs for Grandstand, as there are more rooms in Grandstand. That would mess up the point totals across the resort.

Interesting. Image below is from the website still indicating that CP and The Springs are Preferred. I don't think they could simply swap Springs for Grandstand, as there are more rooms in Grandstand. That would mess up the point totals across the resort.
View attachment 608550

Totally Agree!

I attached screenshots from MDE to show what I am talking about

Here shows the room category:

This shows the possible selections on room request:

So i am curious.

Getting excited! Called today to put in my room request and just cannot wait to relax and unwind at this beautiful resort! I’ve never stayed here before.

Are all the 1 bedrooms the updated versions now?

Getting excited! Called today to put in my room request and just cannot wait to relax and unwind at this beautiful resort! I’ve never stayed here before.

Are all the 1 bedrooms the updated versions now?

Yes, everything is updated and beautiful! We love this resort and how much brighter the new rooms are. Have a great trip!

Ignore MDE online checkin requests. They’re irrelevant and often mistaken, as you can see. Grandstand is not Preferred, as you know. DVC requests need to go from the DVC owner through MS, either via chat, email or phone call.

There's no way they can change it without re-apportioning the points chart. Plus, there's no way you'd sell anyone on the idea that Grandstand is more preferable to The Springs. No way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter