SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

first time having groceries delivered to SSR, is this the address you use for delivery?
1960 Broadway, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

thanks

Yes, that's the right address for the resort.

However, I found out if I plotted an Uber trip once I was at my room, it gave me the exact address of my building. From then on, I used that for Shipt deliveries.

Keep forgetting to ask on here.
What’s the building number for the building in grandstands that’s closest to the main check-in and right across from the pool area.
my reservation is next month in the grandstand area and I want to request the closest to the carriage house and be right by the pool.
Thanks
Building numbers at SSR are a little hard to find. There are two different numbers for each building. The one you want is building 16 also known as building 85. The 85 stands for the room numbers that start in that building example 8501. It would be nice if DVC would label the buildings.

Last edited:
Building numbers at SSR are a little hard to find. There are two different numbers for each building. The one you want is building 16 also known as building 85. The 85 stands for the room numbers that start in that building example 8501. It would be nice if DVC would label the buildings.

Thank You very much
Yes it would be nice if DVC did

Thank You very much
Yes it would be nice if DVC did
We were in Paddock building 45 in June. There was a sign out front with the building number as well as the range of room numbers in that building, and the same information was on the map in MDE that I could access via my reservation. It’s not on the general WDW map I can access now on MDE. Looking at my future reservations, I see the same details about those resorts under my reservations but not on the general WDW map. I think that if you look at the resort maps on DISboards it shows that detail though - Yes it does: SSR map.

What is the difference between the preferred and standard rooms We have only stayed at SSR once and were not enamoured, but it was pretty new, and we had smokers on balconies either side of us which put us off completely. Thinking of giving it another go next year as part of a 28 day stay. Any advice on which part to stay in ? We need a 2 bed and a studio . Many thanks

What is the difference between the preferred and standard rooms
Location. Springs and Congress Park are preferred. The rest are standard.

We have only stayed at SSR once and were not enamoured, but it was pretty new
My initial reaction to SSR once it was built was "McMansions on a moonscape," because the landscaping was too immature for the scope and scale of the buildings. However, things have grown in nicely, and I've come to really like the resort. Give it a try, you might find the same.

What is the difference between the preferred and standard rooms We have only stayed at SSR once and were not enamoured, but it was pretty new, and we had smokers on balconies either side of us which put us off completely. Thinking of giving it another go next year as part of a 28 day stay. Any advice on which part to stay in ? We need a 2 bed and a studio . Many thanks
Preferred are closer to the entrance. If you are afraid of walking long distances in the morning / taking buses, preferred may be the way to go.

You may be pleasantly surprised. It's matured nicely over the years, and the refurbishment has really improved it as well. I usually get a standard room, and either ask for close to the Paddock pool, or the Grandstand.
I don't usually spend the extra points booking preferred because we personally don't find it a big difference, but if I did...I would pick Congress Park, with the shortest walk to DS.

we had smokers on balconies either side of us
I don’t know how long ago you stayed at SSR, but smoking is no longer allowed on the balconies. If someone is smoking on a balcony next to you, they should be reported. I’d either call Housekeeping or Maintenance or go in person to the front desk (to avoid the offsite call center). You could also Chat via MDE, but I’m not sure where they’re located either.

I don’t know how long ago you stayed at SSR, but smoking is no longer allowed on the balconies. If someone is smoking on a balcony next to you, they should be reported. I’d either call Housekeeping or Maintenance or go in person to the front desk (to avoid the offsite call center). You could also Chat via MDE, but I’m not sure where they’re located either.
Oh it was a long time ago July 2006 I think Yes I realise smoking is no longer permitted but at that time the smell permeated through our villa the whole week It was such an awful stay it put us off the whole resort Going to give it another go I think Thank you

Are the boats running to Disney Spring? I need to do my resort check in and I'm trying to decide what to put in for.

Looks like there was a fire in one of the grandstand buildings the other day, in the middle of the night. Some fire and water damage on 3rd and 2nd floor. Sounds like fire on 3rd floor room.

Anyone ever DoorDash a breakfast from a local restaurant to SSR? If so recommendations? Looking for something before heading off to BB for the day (in Oct). DS restaurants don't open til 10am, so would be too much of a rush since we want to get to BB at 11am opening.
TIA!

Any updates yet on the refurb of the check in building? Will they also refurb the restaurants? Thanks

Here now, check in is still closed, temp checkin is in the hall right next to the store. Even the driveway under the canopy is closed off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter