SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I just switched my Wilderness Lodge reservation to Saratoga Springs for early 2022. I never thought I'd want to stay at SSR, but I watched a YouTube video of the refurbished Studio room, and it looks absolutely perfect for my needs, especially for a solo trip.

I'm a light sleeper, so I requested the following....
- Top floor, Grandstand / Carousel (I don't mind the long walk to Disney Springs, I'm a walker!), away from elevator

I also saved about $800! :tigger: :earsboy:

I just switched my Wilderness Lodge reservation to Saratoga Springs for early 2022. I never thought I'd want to stay at SSR, but I watched a YouTube video of the refurbished Studio room, and it looks absolutely perfect for my needs, especially for a solo trip.

Enjoy! It’s a beautiful place! And (other than the occasional day when they are mowing lawns or repairing sidewalks) it’s a very quiet, relaxed place too!

I'm a light sleeper, so I requested the following....
- Top floor, Grandstand / Carousel (I don't mind the long walk to Disney Springs, I'm a walker!), away from elevator

You'll have a great time! Sounds perfect. I would also pick SSR for a solo trip. It's also a great location for a no-parks trip, speaking from experience back in May.

I also felt the same as you. Despite owning at SSR, we never stayed except the first year as part of our welcome home purchase - this was back in May 2004. Back then, we were so eager to try the other resorts, the deluxe resorts (pre-DVC at GF, AKL, Yacht), and Concierge Collection domestically in the US. We even went to Aulani... all this before returning to SSR! But man, now that it's been renovated & the shops & restaurants at DS are so terrific... it's hard to not want to go back....

I know the laundry is located at pools. Is there a laundry right at congress park pool? I have searched for videos, apparently no one thinks videos about laundry is interesting (just me). thinking about staying in studio and not one bedroom. Just have never been to SSR and will need access to laundry

Anyone seen any pictures or videos or even plans of the lobby and corridor refurb so far? I think now the lobby is closing they should be opening the corridor (here’s hoping the airport massage chairs have gone lol) which should tell us the new lobby style.

Thank you. I saw this as well. Is it at the pool or in the building?
The building with the laundry is right at the pool. There are also rest rooms in the building. We really like the Congress Park pool, and the laundry is very convenient to it.

me sitting on the patio drinking coffe when a black snake leaped on the chair next to me chasing a lizard causing me scream to the top of my lungs and husband and kids laughing at me about to have a heart attack. Will definitely ask for balcony next time😫
O. M. G.!!!!!!!
note to self: Request balcony room.

Our Oct stay in SSR will be our first. Only one park day so will have plenty of resort time.
Tell me about your favorite activities while you stay here. That includes both the "relaxing" ones like reading a book by the pool and the "active" activities available at SSR.

We were in The Paddock right next to the pool there (building 55) and the location was great because we were near the pool, drink refill, and bus stop. Plus the Paddock Grill has really good fish tacos

OOOh good! Thx. I have my eye on those for our arrival day, which is just going to be pool time! Hoping for Paddock area too!

“”Other than that we loved the resort despite me sitting on the patio drinking coffe when a black snake leaped on the chair next to me chasing a lizard causing me scream to the top of my lungs and husband and kids laughing at me about to have a heart attack. Will definitely ask for balcony next time😫””

Understand what you went through, I walk into the bathroom in my room when I was staying at POP and found a black snake on the floor, ever since then I ask for a non-snake room and upper floor.

Tell me about your favorite activities while you stay here. That includes both the "relaxing" ones like reading a book by the pool and the "active" activities available at SSR.
The walking paths at SSR are lovely, and among my favorites--second only to the WL/Ft.W area. Unlike OKW, the buildings are generally between the roads and the walking paths, making them very peaceful. It's a great way to appreciate the understated elegance of SSR.

Our Oct stay in SSR will be our first. Only one park day so will have plenty of resort time.
We stayed in May for 5 days and only did 1 park day as well. Most of the other days was spent at the pool reading and swimming which was very relaxing, both at the main pool and the Paddock pool (Paddock pool slide was lots of fun!). One thing we enjoyed very much, even though it was actually leaving SSR, was walking to Disney Springs in the mornings for coffee. We went to Gideon's once and since it was around 9:20 we could just wait in the line and got their peanut butter coffee and cookies which were both great. It was actually just really nice to leisurely walk around an empty Disney Springs and look around without the large crowds that are around when we normally go at night. So I would recommend heading there one morning to take it in, get some coffee at Gideon's, Starbucks or Joffrey's and enjoy an empty Disney Springs. Just keep in mind not everything will be open yet if you go early, I'm not sure what times all the stores open as we weren't planning on shopping.

Is that in the drop-down room request lists on the website?
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Found the photo, took as I was headed out the door, found some Disney officials in suits were walking by as I bolted out the door they asked what was wrong I told them they didn’t believe me I walked him in and he was out the door faster than I was they called and got somebody come take it out and let them free. It was fun sleeping in that room at night especially when I had to grab the suitcase and start packing but I never saw them again.

Attachments

• B22B41D2-30AB-4BE2-AFA8-CCBA0927BF8D.jpeg
    B22B41D2-30AB-4BE2-AFA8-CCBA0927BF8D.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
Keep forgetting to ask on here.
What’s the building number for the building in grandstands that’s closest to the main check-in and right across from the pool area.
my reservation is next month in the grandstand area and I want to request the closest to the carriage house and be right by the pool.
Thanks

Found the photo, took as I was headed out the door, found some Disney officials in suits were walking by as I bolted out the door they asked what was wrong I told them they didn’t believe me I walked him in and he was out the door faster than I was they called and got somebody come take it out and let them free. It was fun sleeping in that room at night especially when I had to grab the suitcase and start packing but I never saw them again.
I cant even imagine being welcomed by a snake when I walk into my hotel bathroom I thought the one jumping out on the patio was a heart attack waiting to happen this probably would have took me out. Lol

We had a lizard in our tub one day last month but I thought, "Well, that's Florida." We did wonder, though why there was such a large opening under the hotel door. Now I'm SO thankful we never had a snake slide under!

Last year our stay at SSR we had a lizard in our tube also, we let him stay.
The staff at POP told me it got in while the maid clean to the room, not sure I buy that the bathroom was at the opposite side of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter