SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

It is supposed to wrap up by summer 2021.
Thank you. We’ve fallen in love with SSR. Stayed again in Feb 2020 and was so impressed with the refurb. Fantastic location. We are hoping to return in 2021 and will splurge on a grand villa to use up banked points. Hoping a standard will be available at the Sven month mark, as I need to pool some AK points with SSR points. I’ll even have enough points to book a std studio to gift to a friend.

Should I do online check-in? I've never done it because I don't have a phone, but DH is traveling with me this time and has a phone, so they can text him when the room is ready. We are renting DVC points for a standard studio, requested Paddock (but through Touring Plans, so maybe didn't go through?) in the 65XX building which I think is currently being renovated. What kind of room requests can I make with online check-in? We want to be on an upper floor in a building near CP/walking path to DS. Check-in is 1/9/21.

Should I do online check-in? I've never done it because I don't have a phone, but DH is traveling with me this time and has a phone, so they can text him when the room is ready. We are renting DVC points for a standard studio, requested Paddock (but through Touring Plans, so maybe didn't go through?) in the 65XX building which I think is currently being renovated. What kind of room requests can I make with online check-in? We want to be on an upper floor in a building near CP/walking path to DS. Check-in is 1/9/21.
I just did my online check in for Jan. Stand view SSR studio. It only allowed selecting Grandstand, near pool, first floor....something like that. Did not show Paddock or Carousel for some reason. Either a glitch or they intentionally took those off because they are the sections with closed buildings being renovated (so they have less rooms in use than typically). I just asked MS to put in request for a renovated room. Considered doing a TP room request too but my membership will expire during trip and they are asking me to renew in order to do room request.

I just did my online check in for Jan. Stand view SSR studio. It only allowed selecting Grandstand, near pool, first floor....something like that. Did not show Paddock or Carousel for some reason. Either a glitch or they intentionally took those off because they are the sections with closed buildings being renovated (so they have less rooms in use than typically). I just asked MS to put in request for a renovated room. Considered doing a TP room request too but my membership will expire during trip and they are asking me to renew in order to do room request.

My guess is Paddock is almost finished being renovated and Carousel is next, so they are trying to divert requests to Grandstand.

Stupid question, but... do I need to download the Disney app to do online check-in, or can I do it from my laptop? As mentioned I don't have a phone, and I'm somewhat techno-stupid so I am not sure how any of this works. Is it easy to download the app to a phone? I assume it's all explained somewhere- yes?

My guess is Paddock is almost finished being renovated and Carousel is next, so they are trying to divert requests to Grandstand.

Stupid question, but... do I need to download the Disney app to do online check-in, or can I do it from my laptop? As mentioned I don't have a phone, and I'm somewhat techno-stupid so I am not sure how any of this works. Is it easy to download the app to a phone? I assume it's all explained somewhere- yes?

www.disneyworld.disney.go.com is the website for My Disney Experience on a laptop. You can complete the online check in (and dining or park pass reservations) there as well as on the app. The app is free and easy to download. Go to the Apple app store (or the Google equivalent store for an android phone) to get it. Once it downloads, just open it and sign in. I sometimes prefer to make reservations or complete the online check in on the computer because it's easier to read.

We are checking out tomorrow morning and have a lot of leftover water bottles, an (as of now) unopened jug of 1% milk, and some Powerade Zero bottles. If anyone would like them please message me. Happy to leave them outside our room when we leave. Staying in Congress Park.

We are checking out tomorrow morning and have a lot of leftover water bottles, an (as of now) unopened jug of 1% milk, and some Powerade Zero bottles. If anyone would like them please message me. Happy to leave them outside our room when we leave. Staying in Congress Park.

I was wondering about this. Pre covid Id leave it in the laundry room with a note. Wasnt sure how it was being handled now.

We have a standard 2br booked. I think we might prefer a lock-out over a dedictated unit. Is there a map anywhere that shows which 2 brs in each bldg are lock-outs and specifically which 2 brs are dedicated? (or do I just guess which 1 brs also connect with a studio to make a 2 br lock-out? Thanks!

We have a standard 2br booked. I think we might prefer a lock-out over a dedictated unit. Is there a map anywhere that shows which 2 brs in each bldg are lock-outs and specifically which 2 brs are dedicated? (or do I just guess which 1 brs also connect with a studio to make a 2 br lock-out? Thanks!
All studios connect to a 1BR.
The layout of each floor is back on the 1st page of this post under:
7b. What's the layout of each building?

Has anyone been recently to know the status of the refurbs? Still working on Paddock section, and grandstand?

Has anyone been recently to know the status of the refurbs? Still working on Paddock section, and grandstand?
As of the second week of January - yes and yes. There were at least one or two buildings at each being worked on, and the Carousel section was closed. Looked like they were staging stuff, getting ready to start work.

During the week of Jan 10-16 the two eastern buildings of The Paddock were still closed, there was also a lot of construction for an underground cable and the top boards from the walkway across the pond were being removed. The middle Paddock building was completely open, refurbished and wonderful. Carousel had construction vehicles in the parking lots during the day. During online App checkin only Grandstand and Carousel were listed as available but the actual room assignment put us in a refurbished 1 bedroom at Paddock. Your mileage may vary.

Does anyone know what (if any) activities are currently available? I'm looking for something (other than pool) to do as a resort day.

Does anyone know what (if any) activities are currently available? I'm looking for something (other than pool) to do as a resort day.

When I checked in 1/21 I was told they are doing ceramics and other art activites in the morning. Of course a few nights week there are pool activites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter