SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSR is one of our home resorts (we own at AKV too!) but we haven't stayed at SSR in a long time! We will be there in Aug & I requested the Paddock section because we've never stayed in that section before and we love how the pool area looks. We will have a car with us.

But I'm wondering if I chose the right section. What are the views like from the Paddock?

Also, can I still walk to DtD from SSR using the path next to the Congress Park section?

Thanks!

We loved Paddock! Our view was of the lake and bridge area, which was nice. On one side, there is a golf course out the back, so that view is nice. I think the fronts of the buildings are toward the parking lots, so the verandahs can all face toward pools or golf or water. Even in areas where the road is in the distance, there are enough trees that it doesn't bother you.

We thought we would be unhappy over there, because of the distance, but found that it wasn't that much further and the kids loved the pool!

Yes, it was here on this thread a few pages back - the path to DTD is open again.

What are the views like from the Paddock?
Pretty spectacular, actually. One of my favorites at the resort, in fact.

SSR_PaddockView.jpg

Hi all! Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but we are going to wdw over Halloween and we're wondering if they do any special activities like trick-or-treat stations on Halloween, since we plan to do MNSSHP earlier in the week. We're currently booked at WL, but are thinking of switching due to rumored pool closures for renovations. Because of FD, SSR is the only resort really coming up and would be a 1 BDRM, which sounds great! TIA!

No trick-or-treating, but they did have a neat display of carved pumpkins one year.

Thank you so much for answering my questions!! And posting a pic too! :)
I'll keep the Paddock section & I'm so glad we can use that path to DtD!!

We're headed to WDW end of April 2015. I've enjoyed reading through the las years worth if posts. Great info! I didn't come across much on the tree house suites. Although we really don't need the space, DD has her heart set on staying in one. Pros and cons? TIA

We stayed in May and requested The Grandstand and we love it there. But we didn't get request we got The Springs. Have to say we loved it! So nice to be near carriage house. I have come to the conclusion I don't know why I make requests. We have enjoyed all the buildings we have stayed in!

Is that picture taken from the 5501 - 5836 block - looking back towards Springs? Looks great!! :thumbsup2

MAGICFOR2 - how do I mail member services? I'm not a member but am going as part of a package from UK.

Is there somewhere to change and possibly shower near either the main pool or the Paddock pool? Is the facilities by/in the spa still available to guests? Or have they closed it like at SAB?
Thanks!

Is there somewhere to change and possibly shower near either the main pool or the Paddock pool? Is the facilities by/in the spa still available to guests? Or have they closed it like at SAB?
Thanks!
There are still showers that you can use. Fortunately, SSR has showers that a separate from the Spa.

They're on the 1st floor of the Carriage House building, under the Spa. Get to them through the doors near the hot tub.

Is that picture taken from the 5501 - 5836 block - looking back towards Springs? Looks great!! :thumbsup2

MAGICFOR2 - how do I mail member services? I'm not a member but am going as part of a package from UK.
Yes, it's from 5823.

If you're not a member, you can't contact DVC Member Services. You'd contact whomever you're booking the room through.

This is the view we had from our room last week. 5414, top floor 1 bedroom.

68b1f96fe5b3d2e9d406d1cf20b91c12.jpg

From the bed in the master bedroom

d908d46b508dc7207f380d12cef425c5.jpg

From the living room

awesome pics. We are booked for sept, 2 bedroom villa. We are hoping we get the Paddock area because my kids are in love with the pool.

No joke but now the paddock pool is closed! Rumor poo in pool. Talk about bad pool karma! Especially on the one nice non-rainy day. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter