SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do online check in. The wait thing was for the last few resorts that actually still read faxed in requests for certain areas. SSR doesn't as far as I know.
I didn't realize any resorts still did this. I haven't sent a fax in years because I assumed they just went right in the trash now. Do you know which resorts still do this?

I didn't realize any resorts still did this. I haven't sent a fax in years because I assumed they just went right in the trash now. Do you know which resorts still do this?

Port Orleans riverside and french quarter, and Caribbean Beach. There may be more.

Venomhatch said:
I am in building 35 right by the bus stop literally but at the other end of the building which is fine by me. I don't hear buses from there I think it's second from the end away from bus stops. It is about 1 min walk to buses, 3 mins to pool with two yes two hot tubs, and 4 mins to main building.

Sounds Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Greetings all! Can anyone tell me if the coffee makers have changed recently at SSR? I thought I heard a CM at AKV talking about it during our last visit in November 2011 but haven't been able to confirm it. I'm really just trying to figure out if I need to pack coffee filters for our trip next weekend. As I type this I remember that I couldn't find coffee filters to buy in the AKV store back then either.

Greetings all! Can anyone tell me if the coffee makers have changed recently at SSR? I thought I heard a CM at AKV talking about it during our last visit in November 2011 but haven't been able to confirm it. I'm really just trying to figure out if I need to pack coffee filters for our trip next weekend. As I type this I remember that I couldn't find coffee filters to buy in the AKV store back then either.

The ones in the one bedroom villa had regular coffee filters and coffee grounds. Like a normal coffee maker.

Hi SSR fans!

Quick question - I know SSR recently went through/is going through refurb - any chance they added sleeper CHAIRS? We're going for the Wine & Dine race and we have 2 friends with us that can't share a bed and we need a sleeper chair. We'd much rather SSR than OKW but I'm positive OKW has a chair but I sadly do not think SSR does. I wanted to confirm.

Thanks! I love SSR even though we own at BLT and AKV. Its my second fave after BWV (we got married there so it will always hold a special place in my heart).

No sleeper chairs being added at SSR. We usually stay OKW or AKV-K and love the sleeper chairs. Last summer we stayed SSR and the living room area is so small compared to the other 2 resorts we stayed at. Def no room to add one either.

Hello SSR fanatics. I will be staying at the resort for the first time this summer and have been looking at photos. I have a weird question that I'm hoping someone here can answer for me.

I am a horse racing fanatic (in retrospect, it's strange I've never stayed at SSR before). I have been looking at that horse statue. Originally, I thought it was just a generic horse and rider, but then I saw a picture where there appears to be an identifying plaque on the ground. I was unfamiliar with the silks, but the rose garland suggests a Kentucky Derby winner. And key to my interpretation, the horse is small for a thoroughbred (although the relative sizing of a statue may be left to the artist's interpretation). So, the famous horse that came to my mind with those credentials, was Northern Dancer.

I looked up his jockey's silks, and they seem quite similar to those of the statue. Also, Northern Dancer did wear saddle cloth #7 for his most famous race (his 2 minute flat Derby). But the statue jockey's cap is not yellow, and he seems to have a cricle image on his back (which is not consistent with Winfield farms' silks). Plus, Northern Dancer had a blaze and three white feet (the statue doesn't). Finally, Northern Dancer is not really associated with Saratoga racecourse.

So, does anyone know what horse, if any, the statue celebrates? Am I just making myself insane? I could just wait until June and find out myself, but I want to know now!

Hello SSR fanatics. I will be staying at the resort for the first time this summer and have been looking at photos. I have a weird question that I'm hoping someone here can answer for me.

I am a horse racing fanatic (in retrospect, it's strange I've never stayed at SSR before). I have been looking at that horse statue. Originally, I thought it was just a generic horse and rider, but then I saw a picture where there appears to be an identifying plaque on the ground. I was unfamiliar with the silks, but the rose garland suggests a Kentucky Derby winner. And key to my interpretation, the horse is small for a thoroughbred (although the relative sizing of a statue may be left to the artist's interpretation). So, the famous horse that came to my mind with those credentials, was Northern Dancer.

I looked up his jockey's silks, and they seem quite similar to those of the statue. Also, Northern Dancer did wear saddle cloth #7 for his most famous race (his 2 minute flat Derby). But the statue jockey's cap is not yellow, and he seems to have a cricle image on his back (which is not consistent with Winfield farms' silks). Plus, Northern Dancer had a blaze and three white feet (the statue doesn't). Finally, Northern Dancer is not really associated with Saratoga racecourse.

So, does anyone know what horse, if any, the statue celebrates? Am I just making myself insane? I could just wait until June and find out myself, but I want to know now!

http://www.makinmemoriesphotoblog.c...ircle-at-disneys-saratoga-springs-resort-spa/
now I'd like to know where you got the two dots fencing from that are on your signature?!?!

Huh, looks like it is just generic. But I question whether it may have been inspired by Northern Dancer, still.

I stole the fencing dots from somebody else's signature years ago (don't remember who). You're welcome to steal it from me (provided you are a fellow fencer ;)).

It won't let me take your signature, I'll just voice my appreciation for it. I see we have two loves in common- horses and fencing. See you at the races (or at SSR)! (no smilies with a big fancy hat or it'd be right here)

I'm up to page #147 and still have a long way to go to get thru this very informative thread, so I'm going to jump in & ask a few questions:

1. Is it possible to pop into a CS restaurant anywhere to purchase a breakfast or lunch then take it back to the room for the rest of the family? I know there is no rm. service. No pizza delivery either?
I'm thinking of days when I want to get going early and don't really want to stop for bkfst &/or when we're tired after a long day and don't want to take them all out to eat. (Probably won't feel much like cooking on those days either...)
I'm just concerned about a loooonnnnggg walk back with food.

2. How are the walks to the pools from wherever in the resort we end up staying on a summer day? We'll be there the last week in June & I can't imagine a 10 or 15 min walk to the pool with the kids. They'll be 7 & 11 & I imagine will want to play either at the High Rock Spring Pool or the one at Paddock. I'm concerned that we might be staying somewhere that isn't a short walk away... And I've heard there are no shaded walkways??? I don't imagine there would probably be room on a bus to or from the parks to go from 1 section to another at that time of year, or is that not the case?

I guess these questions almost connote a sense of negativity, and I don't mean them that way, but I'm really starting to second guess the decision to stay at SSR. Maybe I'm over reacting??? Would definitely appreciate any comments or suggestions you have.

Thanks!

Here at SSR right now and lucked out to get one of the newly renovated rooms! It's really nice, and I love the little motifs of Disney horses and the Fox and the Hound. The only complaint I do have is that anyone who is given a room in The Paddock section should be driven over by Bell Services. This was not something mentioned during check-in, and this section really is a large distance from Carriage House. It was not easy to find my building, and I've stayed at this resort a few times before. Thank goodness I used ME for my luggage. I can't imagine lugging it all the way over here. I think Disney should really consider this moving forward.

Yikes - I just assumed there was some sort of transportation between check-in & your room...

You do get driven over by bell services. You do need to go to bell services and ask them though. I can't believe you walked over there!

I wouldn't have known to do this....

To be completely honest, the CM made it sound like it wasn't that far and not once mentioned to have bell services drive me over. That was a mistake on Disney's part. I didn't realize it was that far out being that I've only stayed in Grandstand and this was about six or seven years ago. I can't imagine someone who is new to WDW dealing with it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Nikki. I'm so glad I'll know now to ask to be driven. I've gotta say tho, it should just be offered, in my mind. I would totally not have known to request it from Bell Services if you hadn't brought this up. Maybe this should be added to the FAQ's on page 1???

So, does anyone know what horse, if any, the statue celebrates? Am I just making myself insane? I could just wait until June and find out myself, but I want to know now![/QUOTE]

I remember a previous thread that referred to it as DVSea Biscuit.

I'm up to page #147 and still have a long way to go to get thru this very informative thread, so I'm going to jump in & ask a few questions:

1. Is it possible to pop into a CS restaurant anywhere to purchase a breakfast or lunch then take it back to the room for the rest of the family? I know there is no rm. service. No pizza delivery either?
I'm thinking of days when I want to get going early and don't really want to stop for bkfst &/or when we're tired after a long day and don't want to take them all out to eat. (Probably won't feel much like cooking on those days either...)
I'm just concerned about a loooonnnnggg walk back with food.

2. How are the walks to the pools from wherever in the resort we end up staying on a summer day? We'll be there the last week in June & I can't imagine a 10 or 15 min walk to the pool with the kids. They'll be 7 & 11 & I imagine will want to play either at the High Rock Spring Pool or the one at Paddock. I'm concerned that we might be staying somewhere that isn't a short walk away... And I've heard there are no shaded walkways??? I don't imagine there would probably be room on a bus to or from the parks to go from 1 section to another at that time of year, or is that not the case?

I guess these questions almost connote a sense of negativity, and I don't mean them that way, but I'm really starting to second guess the decision to stay at SSR. Maybe I'm over reacting??? Would definitely appreciate any comments or suggestions you have.

Thanks!
1. Yes, they do make to go orders. No issue there. You can order pizza delivery from local restaurants.
2. Its not a 10 to 15 minute walk to anywhere on the resort. A pool will be usually less than a few minutes walk (at most across the street and through the gate). I actually find the walk to the pools closer than most of the other resorts given the number of pools SSR has.

Thank you, Nuts. That makes me feel better! For some reason I thought I read about 10 - 15 min walks. Maybe I was confusing the pools with DTD or something....:cool1:

Anyone know if the April activity schedule has the campfires at 6:30pm and the outdoor movies at 8:30pm?

where does the boat ride take you? I know you can take it to DD but can you go to POFQ or POR?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter