• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all! We just *today* signed our resale documents, sent in the check, and will soon join you as SSR owners!! I'M TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!! Our first trip will be in February, since my husband has a conference then, so I hope we won't be too late to get a studio at SSR. I'll let you know!

Jan

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome Home!" :cheer2: We bought at SSR in 2005 from a DCL cruise sight unseen, and have never been sorry. I have always been a little confused about the disparaging remarks. I find SSR to be a breath of fresh air after a long day in the crowded parks, and it is very family friendly too.

I keep thinking we'll try another resort just for fun, but always end up staying at SSR when we get to the 7 month window anyway!

Great to read all of the up talk about SSR! :cool1:

Be careful though - too much will draw in more people and there goes the laid back neighborhood!

Anybody played golf on the course at SSR? How was it? Could DW (NPG - never played golf) handle it?

I just want to stop by and say Hello.. Hubby and I and friends of ours are driving down to SSR ( from NJ ).. We are leaving on Thursday, just taking our time going down to the resort..We are booked from 9/19 - 9/ 26... this is our first time at the resort.... and also useing our dvc.. we joined may of 2008:) I did request the Springs or the Grandstand.. but what buildings are the best to request?..This is our frinds first time to Disney so I want it to be special.. Can you guys give me some help on this ? We always stayed at CBR so this is all new to us.. but I am so excited!!! Thanks...

I just want to stop by and say Hello.. Hubby and I and friends of ours are driving down to SSR ( from NJ ).. We are leaving on Thursday, just taking our time going down to the resort..We are booked from 9/19 - 9/ 26... this is our first time at the resort.... and also useing our dvc.. we joined may of 2008:) I did request the Springs or the Grandstand.. but what buildings are the best to request?..This is our frinds first time to Disney so I want it to be special.. Can you guys give me some help on this ? We always stayed at CBR so this is all new to us.. but I am so excited!!! Thanks...

We stayed in the Grandstand last time at SSR. It is very close to the main pool and building, is the first bus stop and has a very nice quiet pool. We also like Congress Park for the DTD views and easy walking to DTD, also if taking the buses to other resorts it is very close to the DTD bus queue. It is a beautiful resort, lots of nice scenery and great walking paths. The spa is very nice as well. Enjoy your trip.:goodvibes

Have a safe drive down! I am in NJ too. With 3 kids, we don't see driving in our near future but it would be nice some day!

We stayed in building 8500-right across from the Grandstand pool. GREAT location! So close to main building too.

Enjoy!

We won the above @ a silent auction and had a question. Is there a certain building we should be looking to be in? Do all the buildings have 2 bedroom units? 1st time @ SSR and 1st time in a 2 bedroom. We did the 1 bedroom at Boardwalk and it was awesome. I can't even imagine the 2 bedroom. Wow are the kids going to be surprised! F&W here we come :-).

We won the above @ a silent auction and had a question. Is there a certain building we should be looking to be in? Do all the buildings have 2 bedroom units? 1st time @ SSR and 1st time in a 2 bedroom. We did the 1 bedroom at Boardwalk and it was awesome. I can't even imagine the 2 bedroom. Wow are the kids going to be surprised! F&W here we come :-).

The two bedroom is very large! Their is a master bedroom with a bath, and then a second bedroom and another bath. The second bedroom has two queen beds and had a lot of room for our DS and DH. Plus you have a pull out sofa if you need it.

I think all the buildings have dedicated 2 bedrooms, but I am not sure.

Can you tell me a little bit about the silent auction and how they offered it? I may have some extra points next year and that might be a nice donation for an organization.

Congrats! We stayed in a 2br last November. It was huge. We are a family of 5 (3 young kids) and had more than enough room! We were in building 8500, first floor, dedicated 2br. We walked out our door and right to the Grandstand Pool. The Grandstand section is also the first stop on the way out of the resort and first stop on the way back in. Our building was also a 5 minute walk to the Carriage House (main building/main pool). It is a perfect location IMHO.

Congrats again!

Have a safe drive down! I am in NJ too. With 3 kids, we don't see driving in our near future but it would be nice some day!

We stayed in building 8500-right across from the Grandstand pool. GREAT location! So close to main building too.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I did call and request Grandstand or the Springs....:yay:

We miss our SSR! We are currently staying at BWV (our first time here) and I am in no way knocking that resort...the location is fantastic. However, we really love SSR. Parking outside your building, walking to DTD, the grounds. Uggh, can't wait to stay there in November.

We miss our SSR! We are currently staying at BWV (our first time here) and I am in no way knocking that resort...the location is fantastic. However, we really love SSR. Parking outside your building, walking to DTD, the grounds. Uggh, can't wait to stay there in November.

This is exactly how we felt in May. We stayed at BWV for the first time. We had a Boardwalk View, which was very nice. It just wasn't home....plus we really, really missed having Artist Pallet.

We stayed at BWV in August and while the girls and I love it enough to consider an add on, my DH missed his SSR so much that he told me that he really doesn't care to try any other DVCs. Just book his SSR, so he can take his refill mug early in the morning to AP and walk the lake then over the bridge to OKW. And since SSR is HIS vacation place, can't argue with the man. We'll be back in December!

DW and I love both SSR & VWL. During our May trip to VWL, I had to take an afternoon to visit SSR. When I suggested it, both DW & DD squeeled with excitement! It was a plesent visit, but just a visit none the less.

In December we split our 12 day stay between VWL and SSR.

It will be good to not just "visit".

We stayed at BWV in August and while the girls and I love it enough to consider an add on, my DH missed his SSR so much that he told me that he really doesn't care to try any other DVCs. Just book his SSR, so he can take his refill mug early in the morning to AP and walk the lake then over the bridge to OKW. And since SSR is HIS vacation place, can't argue with the man. We'll be back in December!

What a guy you got there!!!! :thumbsup2

DW and I love both SSR & VWL. During our May trip to VWL, I had to take an afternoon to visit SSR. When I suggested it, both DW & DD squeeled with excitement! It was a plesent visit, but just a visit none the less.

In December we split our 12 day stay between VWL and SSR.

It will be good to not just "visit".

THAT sounds like a good idea. Just this morning DH said we should take a SSR bus from one of the parks, get off and walk to DTD. This was because the bus service to DTD is not the greatest at BWV. However, now I think we'll hang out a bit at SSR. Thanks Dizny dad!

Just booked our return trip home to SSR for Aug 2010. We will be bringing friends and trying out the treehouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter