• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you take care of my home till I get there in May.:rotfl:
Hope you have a wonderful stay at SSR its awesome!

A couple of random questions:

Do the closets have hangers? We are in a 1-Bedroom.

Are there measuring cups/spoons in the kitchen?

Can you use bubble bath in the big tub or do you need something special?

Thanks!

a couple of random questions:

Do the closets have hangers? We are in a 1-bedroom.
yes they do..
are there measuring cups/spoons in the kitchen?
yes in the kitchen there is all of that stuff
can you use bubble bath in the big tub or do you need something special?
you can use bubble bath.
thanks!
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do we pick up the buses to take us to the theme parks? We've only stayed at Values & are used to walking to the main building & the buses pick up there. Do I need to take a shuttle bus to the main building? Please advise.

We are also staying in a studio (no availability for 1 br), any complaints or issues? DH & I will use the bed & dd will use the pullout sofa.

Thanks.

We just returned and stayed at Grandstand on room 9201. IT was a great location (not too far away from the main bldg) and a short walk to the pool. Our view was of the golf course, water, and a TreeHouse Villa to the far right. It was quiet and beautiful. The bus stop was also very close and we were the first to be picked up and dropped off. Some people do not like having to go to all of the other stops in the resort, but it really only took a few minutes and we didnt' mind it at all.
The studio was great. MY DS8 and I slept in the bed and my DS13 was happy to have the pullout to himself. It was pretty comfy...he really liked it. I thought the bed was extremely comfortable and I am pretty picky!

I really only had a few issues with our stay. We took the redeye and arrived early on Sunday morning. We were VERY lucky that our room was ready at 1100 so we went and took a nap.
I like to take baths and read sometimes. I trieed to take one and realized that we had no tub stopper...CURSES! I called housekeeping, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.....I called once each morning and night and was VERY polite. I was told that one would be delivered soon each time. Finally on Tuesday evening, after three days(which I think is pretty long to not receive one), I called the front desk to speak to a manager. I got transferred to a phone where it just rang and rang. So...called housekeeping again and explained my story and asked if there was anything else I needed to do because I had been told for three days that it was on its way. ***Remember...I was VERY nice on the phone. ***
The lady was very snitty and said that the reason I wasn't getting it is because it is a maintenance issue, not housekeeping. I told her that I was unaware and that I was never told to call maintenance....every person that took my calls said that they would take care of it and have it delivered. If I knew that I needed to call maintenance I would. I told her that I would call maintenance right away and she said, "Nevermind....we will take care of it"....

My other housekeeping issue is that they never gave us our service. We stayed nine nights and we did not receive our 4 or 8 day services at all. NO replacements, no towels, no cleaning, no nothing! Please do not blast me becuase I know that I could have called. Honestly, after the service (or lack of) I received for a simple bathtub plug, I really didnt' want to deal with another bad service issue. (I work in a very high stress and pressure job in the military and recently lost my sister to breast cancer and am taking guardianship of my nephew so it has been a very stressful time and my family really needed a relaxing vacation that was stress-free...no drama!!!!) Also, we had plenty of towels that we got the pool and I did laundry as well. I brought enough toiletries and plates, etc....so we didn't really need any of the stuff. And we weren't very messy so keeping the room and bathroom clean was easy.....

So other than the housekeeping issue, we loved SSR. It was beautiful. I know it was very big and overwhelming at first, but that was only for the first day. We loved our stay and would go back (of course we want to try the other DVC resorts out....

Let me know if you have any other questions....

Where do we pick up the buses to take us to the theme parks? We've only stayed at Values & are used to walking to the main building & the buses pick up there. Do I need to take a shuttle bus to the main building? Please advise. . . . . . .

Each section (Grandstand, Paddock, Congress Park, etc) has it own bus stop with buses that will take you to the park of your choice. As in your past experience, each bus has a highlighted banner on the front and side announcing where the bus is going. these buses make the rounds thru the resort, but you will niot need to walk very far to find the bus stop in your section.

Have a great time!

So glad to have found this thread!

I'm not DVC but a friend is, and she is booking a Treehouse Villa for 5 of us to have a girls-only trip in November. Does anyone have any experience with the bus service to the THV? If you stayed at SSR, did you notice groups of people waiting for the THV bus? From what I read on AllEarsNet, there are 2 stops within the THV but they do not go directy to the parks. They take you to SSR, where you transfer to the "regular" Disney transportation buses. You can also walk over to SSR but someone blogged that it's not a short walk. We are 5 ladies from thirtysomething to sixtysomething - not sure we want to spend a lot of time walking from the THV to the buses!

I didn't realize just how close SSR is to DTD. Can anyone post walk times to DTD? How often do the ferries run & how long is that trip to DTD?

This will be our first stay as a family as DVC members. We are using our developer points and will be at SSR from 8/15 to 8/29. Since my DH and I already stayed a few nights at SSR back in April....we know the kids will love it. We really enjoy being so close to downtown disney....I didn't think we would. Last time we stayed in a studio in the Grandstand area which was awesome.... this time we are in a 1 bedroom & requested a room in the Congress Park area with a downtown disney view....hope it comes through. I love SSR and can't wait to be there again! Thanks for this thread....Its nice to read about SSR and the goings on there & as always I love the pictures!

I didn't realize just how close SSR is to DTD. Can anyone post walk times to DTD? How often do the ferries run & how long is that trip to DTD?

Sorry I can't help you with the THV questions. Timewise, I would say walking from the Springs/Grandstand area of SSR to DTD is about 10-15 minutes at a leisurely pace. It really is a lovely walk and not at all tiring. We waited for the bus once at the beginning of our stay and it took MUCH longer, with all of the stops, etc. We always walked after that. I have bad knees and it was not a problem for me at all. The ferry was not working the nights we went to DTD; not sure if it was b/c they were predicting a thunderstorm or whatever, Sounds like fun~ have a great trip!!

How many floors are in each building? Are there elevators? I dread the idea of lugging a stroller up stairs at the end of each day.

My family and I will be returning to SSR 9/12 - 9/18! :woohoo:

I am so excited, this vacation can't come quick enough!:thumbsup2

I'm not DVC but a friend is, and she is booking a Treehouse Villa for 5 of us to have a girls-only trip in November. Does anyone have any experience with the bus service to the THV? If you stayed at SSR, did you notice groups of people waiting for the THV bus? From what I read on AllEarsNet, there are 2 stops within the THV but they do not go directy to the parks. They take you to SSR, where you transfer to the "regular" Disney transportation buses. You can also walk over to SSR but someone blogged that it's not a short walk. We are 5 ladies from thirtysomething to sixtysomething - not sure we want to spend a lot of time walking from the THV to the buses!

We are in a THV right now. The buses run frequently and we have never waited long at THV. Remember, they aren't making all the stops. They just go THV North, THV South, Springs, Grandstand, then back to THV. And the Grandstand stop doesn't start until 11:00 am, so in the morning it is one less stop. The THV buses have not been very full.

Plus we have taken the DTD/SSR/THV ferry. It runs every 20 minutes supposedly, but seemed more frequent to us.

We are on the north end, so we have not walked. The roads through THV are not "walking friendly"...they are narrow and carry car and bus traffic and do not have a special walkway or sidewalk.

Seems to be plenty of parking at THV. Some units have wider sidewalk entries and I see people parking a couple of cars on that.

I will put more in my trip report when I get back.

Thanks for your reply doingitagain!!!

We actually ended up changing to Bay Lake Tower - that opened up for us, and being on such a short trip (3 nts) we wanted to be close to MK and Epcot. Keep updating us though on THV - I'd love to try them next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter