SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,
Here are a couple of photos of the studio room we were in. It is completely staged. We had been unpacking for about 20 mins when I said OH @#$# I wanted to take some photos of the room. My wife thinks I'm crazy, especially after the food photos to attempt a dining review. Don't look too closely you may see the sneakers and what not stuffed under the sleep sofa.
Jim
Disney014-1.jpg

Disney013.jpg

Disney007.jpg

Disney006.jpg

Disney004.jpg

Disney014.jpg

Disney008.jpg

Disney005.jpg

The pool on Sunday 1/21
Disney015.jpg

Wife and DD2 on Balcony
Disney013.jpg

All,
Here are a couple of photos of the studio room we were in. It is completely staged. We had been unpacking for about 20 mins when I said OH @#$# I wanted to take some photos of the room. My wife thinks I'm crazy, especially after the food photos to attempt a dining review. Don't look too closely you may see the sneakers and what not stuffed under the sleep sofa.
Jim

Jim, what room were you in? I stayed in room 3423 last month. The view from your balcony looks exactly like the pics I have.

Sorry about the duplicates I'm still learning the tech stuff.

10k thank you they are the reason I live!!

BP they look the same because we were in 3323.

Keep the photos rolling I miss it already!!!
Jim

The grandstand pool. The pictures were taken on our last morning at SSR at 5am on Jan 11. During our visit there was so much construction going on that we never had a chance to get in there and get pictures in the daylight. It looks there will be a pool bar area and refill station.

Lots of great views in the grandstand area.

grandstand2.jpg

grandstand.jpg

Wow, been away from the boards for awhile, so you better add me to the list! We just returned and I posted our review. Had a great time and lovin' SSR more and more. BTW, has anyone ever stayed in the Paddocks? I thinking about requesting that section next time.

Now I start to read into DVC ownership-long story short I put a deposit on a F&F 150 pt contract before I even set foot on property. We are mailing the paper work back and will be official very soon!!!!

Welcome Home!! We too rented points first and realized we had to buy into DVC. Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

Glorydaz, thanks for your photos too. They are all just breathtaking.

Wow, been away from the boards for awhile, so you better add me to the list! We just returned and I posted our review. Had a great time and lovin' SSR more and more. BTW, has anyone ever stayed in the Paddocks? I thinking about requesting that section next time.

We stayed in the building on the right as soon as you cross the bridge, room #5811 4th floor. Great view looking at the bridge and fountain and we could see the fireworks in the distance from MK and epcot each night.

The walk to the springs was nice and wasnt long at all.

Angela

Thanks for the pics fatalbie!:thumbsup2 Gorgeous family.:goodvibes

Murcor, you may be the top SSR spy.:cool2: I believe those are the first pics seen of the grandstand pool!:cheer2: :banana: :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting those pics, murcor!:thumbsup2
Nice detective work:surfweb:

Hopefully the new pool will be open when we go in May! I guess it depends when the first building is scheduled to be complete in the final section.

Murcor, you may be the top SSR spy.:cool2: I believe those are the first pics seen of the grandstand pool!:cheer2: :banana: :thumbsup2
No problem at all, I was excited to see the new pool area and I knew there are lots of people here that was eager to see too :thumbsup2

I own at SSR and I love it there. We spent this past December there and the resort was so tranquil and beautiful. I can't wait to go home again. No trip home planned as this summer I needed a 2 bedroom villa and didn't want to borrow, so in June we are at OKW with my parents. I'm trying to get DH to add on some more points to SSR so I can go more often in a 1 bedroom!

Sheree--I was wondering how your trip would be (for your thread that you started right before you left)! I am so glad that you loved the resort! I know how much you work ouy (SBD thread)...please tell me you got to experience the amazing gym at SSR?

We just added points at SSR so we are now proud owners! :cool1: It's looking like our first trip "home" to SSR will be October. I'll try to book it as soon as we figure out who is coming and what dates work for everyone. I'll post again when we make reservations so we can be added to the list.

I've been coming to WDW via DVC since our first trip in November 1994 where there were 9 of us in a 2 BR and two studios at OKW. I added on at BWV and more at OKW over the next few years. After a divorce and change of jobs, I sold off the OKW and BWV points.

My wonderful new husband of 4 years loves WDW almost as much as I do. We purchased points at BCV, just before they announced SSR. Living 15 minutes away from the real Saratoga Springs, I wished we owned there just for the coolness of it! We spend a lot of time touring all the different resorts, so even though we have never stayed overnight at SSR, we have spent the better part of 3 days there.

My younger sister, my DD and DS and I took the tour in May 2004 when my sister was considering buying points. We were allowed to explore the resort on our own for a while when we finished the tour. We all loved SSR. My baby sister still hasn't bought but I keep pushing her and my older sister. Now that my older sister has grandchildren who I've turned into huge Disney fans, she is more seriously considering it.

In October 2004 my DH and I were off property at the Wyndham Palace with a great Priceline rate, and needed a dose of DVC magic. We drove to OKW and had a drink at the Gurgling Suitcase. We then took the boat to SSR, toured the resort including the members tour, had a drink at the poolside bar and then another at the Turf Club. From there we took at bus to MK for the evening and then another back to OKW when the park closed to get our car.

Our last trip in Sept 2006, we stayed at BCV and VWL in studios. We didn't find the laundry at BCV to be convenient since is inside on one of the upper floors rather than by the pool. Please don't flame me, but we decided to pool hop and took our laundry with us to SSR. There was no one using the laundry at SSR and we used the pool for most of the afternoon. We went into the Turf Club for a drink. We sat on one of the super comfy couches and watched TV while we relaxed. The bartender told us we could bring food from Artist's Palette into there, so we got flatbread and cheesecake to go with our drinks. Afterwards, we walked all over while I took tons of pictures. We ended up walking over to DTD and then took the boat back to pick up our car.

Didn't mean to make this into a long bio but wanted to show how we fell in love with SSR. Can't wait to actually spend a week there!

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU to all of those who have posted such wonderful SSR pictures! I am ultra-miserable right now because we should be home at this moment...except that I am sitting here with a broken leg so we had to cancel! Anyway, since I literally can't do anything but sit on my butt, I am catching up on my DISing. I can't tell you how much this has lifted my spirits!

And of course, now that I have points in holding, I just HAVE to use them, right? So I am going to start planning a trip home for when my leg is healed.

Thanks my fellow SSR-lovers! Keep those pics coming!

dvcmbr94/Ann, I like reading about others "DVC history". :) Thanks for sharing neighbor!

3DisneyKids, I'm sorry about your leg and having to cancel! :( I hope you get better soon, and get home soon! :goodvibes

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU to all of those who have posted such wonderful SSR pictures! I am ultra-miserable right now because we should be home at this moment...except that I am sitting here with a broken leg so we had to cancel! Anyway, since I literally can't do anything but sit on my butt, I am catching up on my DISing. I can't tell you how much this has lifted my spirits!

And of course, now that I have points in holding, I just HAVE to use them, right? So I am going to start planning a trip home for when my leg is healed.

Thanks my fellow SSR-lovers! Keep those pics coming!
That's so awful. How long before doc says you're ok to travel? I hope your upcoming trip is just the best ever.

We are SSR owners as of March 06...we have had only 1 trip home, but loved every minute of it! Due to DH's work schedule and all the activities my two young sons participate in it is hard for us to get down there as much as we would like! We live all the way in California! I am still waiting for a DVC here on our coast, but with land prices being the way they are here I doubt that will happen. Anyhow, we are hoping to try and make a return visit later this year to SSR. It is absolutely beautiful there, I am a runner and enjoyed my early morning runs around the grounds and if any of you have not done the bike surreys please do so! We had such a blast doing that!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter