Ssr Incentives

susanreed

Earning My Ears
Thanks to everyone for their wonderful input. Any thoughts on when Disney will discontinue the $5.00 credit per point purchased at SSR? Do they usually do so once the resort opens? Has anyone seen a time when incentives get even better?From information gathered here, it appears that last Fall maintenance fees for this resort were reduced in some manner for initial buyers. (As well as the initial $79.00 per point!) Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

From past history, don't expect to find any better incentives in the future. Until November, there was a $10 per point incentive for SSR. It is now $5 per point and that will likely end when the resort opens. At that time, the incentive might return to a $10 per point Magical Beginnings incentive- but you will have to give up your first year's points to do that. In the past, they have also raised the price about the time when the resort opens.

There's no time like the present! ;)

Enjoy!

They told me that the $5 per point incentive would more than likely end the end of January to be replaced by Magical Beginnings with savings of up to $10 pp.::MickeyMo

Just jumping in to agree with Doc, that these kinds of deals get worse, not better as time goes on.

The only incentive Disney would have to making them better is if sales are doing poorly. By all accounts, SSR is selling pretty well and will continue to do so.

And I'm sure that SSR pricing will go up in the future as well. Once a resort starts selling, Disney has tended to raise the price as it goes along. It has done that on all DVC resorts that I can recall (with the possible exception of BCV because it sold out so quickly?).

If you're looking into DVC at SSR, it probably won't get any better than this!!

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
At that time, the incentive might return to a $10 per point Magical Beginnings incentive- but you will have to give up your first year's points to do that.

Can someone explain Magical Beginnings to me? I've seen it mentioned and I'm guessing that you buy points at a reduced rate but have to forfeit the first year of points. Is it open to all DVC members or only those who own at that particular resort?

Originally posted by wdw4life
Can someone explain Magical Beginnings to me? I've seen it mentioned and I'm guessing that you buy points at a reduced rate but have to forfeit the first year of points. Is it open to all DVC members or only those who own at that particular resort?

Magical Beginnings is typcially available during the initial purchase. The buyer can agree to forfeit (technically they are selling back to DVC) their first year's points in exchange for a one-time cash credit. The credit amount is usually $10.

So, if you bought 150 points, you could get a $1500 credit toward the purchase by forfeiting the first set of points.

I noticed you purchased SSR. You actually got a better deal because you received a credit of either $10 or $5 per point (depending upon when you purchased) and did not have to surrender any points.

Originally posted by susanreed
From information gathered here, it appears that last Fall maintenance fees for this resort were reduced in some manner for initial buyers.

I don't believe that is true. From the time they started selling, 2004 dues were announced at $3.80 per point. Dues payments do not begin until the resort actually opens in May (or June for building #2), so perhaps that is what you are referring to.

I think they may be talking about a long thread on this board about people who bought December 2003 SSR and do not have to pay dues until May 2004. They got the benefit of 5 months free dues (Dec - April).

I guess you could look at it as 5 months of free dues, but SSR points can't be used until the resort opens, so if they charged dues prior to that, you would be paying for nothing. Dues start in May simply because that is when the points become valid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter