SSR In Room Safe and laptop

drommer0

Mouseketeer
My daughter and niece are spending New Year's Eve with the Mouse. A college graduation present. They wish to bring a laptop with to email pictures home to dad. Does a laptop fit in the safe or is there another way to secure a laptop?

My laptops have never fit in a Disney Safe.

All laptop owners should buy a $20 cable lock. You stick one end in the slot on the laptop (all of them have one) and loop the cable around something big and hard to move. (For a one bedroom the dining room table center pillar works well) and lock the thing.

Frankly, I have brought my laptop for the last 10 years, and call me stupid, but I set it up on an end table and that is where it stays. It is a laptop that I use just for travelling, so I don't have anything important on it. Not to say that it couldn't dissapear some time, but for me I'm willing to trust it will be there when I get back.

I set mine up on the desk in a 1bedroom or the table in the studio and it stays put. You don't have daily maid service so it's not like anyone is traipsing in and out all day.

The safe definitely won't fit any but the smallest of laptops. It's one of those that are maybe 12" tall and 8" wide, but only about 2" deep.

We just made sure to put the laptop away every night in a drawer under other things, but I plan on getting a cable anyways. The problem with the cable is that you have to put it around something that is immovable or impractical to move.

I am certain our laptops fit in the safe at SSR and they are 11x15". Since the different areas were built over a period of time the safe size may vary between the areas.

I have a hard, locking suitcase and usually put laptop, valuables, and toothbrushes in there when I leave the room. It won't stop a real thief of course, but I'm comfortable that it will prevent sticky fingered housekeeping staff from messing with it.

I have a Mac Book Pro that measures 10.5 by 15.5 and it fit in our safe. It was tight but it worked. Of course the Mac laptops are pretty thin but I think even a laptop that was thicker would have fit. Just have to jockey it in carefully.

Frankly, I have brought my laptop for the last 10 years, and call me stupid, but I set it up on an end table and that is where it stays. It is a laptop that I use just for travelling, so I don't have anything important on it. Not to say that it couldn't dissapear some time, but for me I'm willing to trust it will be there when I get back.

We do the same. On Trash and Towel Day I do have DH put it in the bag. But that is just to get it out of the way for Mousekeeping. Maybe we are just too trusting. Although our home owners insurance with an added umbrella policy does cover it, if it is stolen. And since I VPN in to work, all files are backed up when I log off. So loosing data isn't really an issue either. Hmmm, maybe I'm not as trusting as I thought.

I always bring my Lap Top with me to Disney and typically I just close it up, put it in a suitcase and then lock it up. I have never had a problem but I do put it away (only when mouse keeping is coming in).

When I have brought my laptop, puuting it in a drawer under some dishevled clothes has always worked fine for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter