SSR Grandstand: 8000's vs. 9000's

wrighter

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have stayed in the Grandstand section, would you be willing to share your opinions on the different areas within? Clearly the 8000 section is closer to the Springs section, check-in, Artist's Palette, etc. But does the possibility exist that we might get a room that is too close to the action? (Meaning too noisy?)

The 9000 section seems like it would be a bit quieter, if only a tad further away. But might we get stuck with a room with no view at all?

Just wondering what you Grandstand veterans had to say . . . :-)

This is the veiw from the 9000's in 2007 -

2nd_morning.JPG

Bunker.JPG

View_to_car_park.JPG

This is the view from the 8000's in Feb this year -

First_day_afternoon.JPG

SSR_view_1.JPG

SSR_view_2.JPG

In the far distance of the last picture we could see our room from 2007!

Both sections we enjoyed and to be honest the further walk to the 9000's isn't that far. The 8000's although we faced the main road into the section was not noisey at all.

Claire ;)

What wonderful view pics! Thank you!

This reminds me - haven't I seen a Room View thread floating around here someplace? Hmmm . . . .

We stayed in the Grandstand in January 2009 -- 8300 building I think -- had the pool right outside the window and could see the bus stop from the balcony. It was extremely quiet and convenient -- no noise complaints at all. It is one of our favorite sections to stay.

Even with the pool right outside the window there were no noise issues? That would be great!

We stayed in the 8000s a couple of years ago facing the Grandstand pool & we loved sitting there at night with the pool all lit up & it was a short walk to the Carriage House. The pool was never really busy while we were there & with the sliders closed, you can't hear a thing.

We stayed in the 9000s this past October & I was a bit disappointed because I prefer a pool view, but we still had a nice courtyard/golf course view & the walk was about 5 minutes more.

We have stayed two times in the Grandstand both times in the 8000's buildings. It is a favorite location at SSR. Very nice views of the fairways and pool nice and quiet. Have a great stay:cool1:

We were in the 9000s in May and spent a lot of time at the pool, which is in the 8000s.

The 9000s were very quiet. We had a room facing toward the 8000s complex.

The 8000s would be quiet facing away from the pool but we commented on not wanting a room facing the pool.

At times, there are very noisy kids... really hit or miss. But the worst was the squeaky creaky weathervane on top of the pool building. It would drive me mad if I had to listen to it from my room or balcony.

We were in the 8000's facing the pool in June and am sad to say but we had one night with sleep very disrupted between 12a-2a with loud folks at the pool. I did call security and the noise abated for about 20 minutes after, but then kicked up again. Of course it awoke and scared my 4yo DD so the effects were a lot longer than 2 hours. I would request to NOT face the pool simply to avoid this potential again.

We've stayed in the 8000's and never had a noise problem. This is our favorite building & section of SSR (yet to stay in Treehouses though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter