SSR: Best pool/section for kids?

LenInMaine

Mouseketeer
i will be booking our stay in the morning, and having never stayed at SSR, I'd love opinions on the best pool/room section for kids 2-8. We're not afraid to walk, but also plan to enjoy the resort. Thoughts?

We have only stayed at SSR on adults-only trips, but we will be staying with our kids at SSR in a month, and we picked The Paddock. But we picked it because my kids are primarily interested in the pools with slides, and the Paddock pool looks to have a great water slide, as well as the main pool, which is not that far of a walk. I like that the Paddock is also close to Congress Park, so it's an easy walk to DTD for the restaurants at night. It's also kind of in the middle on the bus route, so the busses hopefully won't be at capacity by the time they hit the stop. I also like that it's not too terribly far away from the main building if you plan to eat any quick serve meals.

Wondering the same....we just changed to SSR (b/c it just opened up for our week) and will have a 2 yr old and a 4.5 yr old (boys). We were booked at a Cars Suite at AoA so Im really worried they will be disappointed with SSR theming so we want close to the pool for them.

i will be booking our stay in the morning, and having never stayed at SSR, I'd love opinions on the best pool/room section for kids 2-8. We're not afraid to walk, but also plan to enjoy the resort. Thoughts?

We are going in May with a 1.5yo and a 4yo. We requested The Springs because it is close to food as well as both the Springs & Paddock pools. It looks like The Paddock has a gated kid's water play area while The Springs pool is more of a splash pad. YouTube has a video titled "Saratoga Springs Swimming Pool Areas" which walks you through all of the pool areas.

We are going in May with a 1.5yo and a 4yo. We requested The Springs because it is close to food as well as both the Springs & Paddock pools. It looks like The Paddock has a gated kid's water play area while The Springs pool is more of a splash pad. YouTube has a video titled "Saratoga Springs Swimming Pool Areas" which walks you through all of the pool areas.
After just looking at the map and the video, I totally agree.

We love Paddock!

And we don't have a kid who is allowed in the water area; that is ONLY for kids shorter than a certain height, and DS has been taller than that height since our first trip to WDW (sad). But the pool is great and the slide is great.

We stayed this past summer in the Paddock section, we had 5 children in our party ages 1 - 12. The fully enclosed splash area was perfect for our 13 month old and our 12 year old loved the big pool and water slide. I would certainly recommend that area for families with young kids. I loved how the splash area was fully enclosed and gated from the main pool area.

We always requested the Grandstand..it has its own pool and small splash pad, and is the first bus pick up and drop off. Its only a short walk to the Springs section...

Paddock is ideal for younger kids...It has a nice pool/w slide, and the water play area is fun for them too..It also has some light Fare at the pool, in case you're hungry, & is a short walk to the main bldg.....I believe it's the 3rd stop for p.u. & drop off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter