SSR and the buses at WDW?

scampiekat

Earning My Ears
we are staying at ssr on our next trip to wdw. we will not have a car, we will only be using the buses, trams and boats to get around the parks.

looking for est. time to get from ssr to mk, ssr to epcot, ssr to ak, ssr to hs
should you just walk to downtown disney or take the bus or boat???
any helpful tips would also be great

wanted to add that we stayed at all star movies two years ago and only used the buses. we had some issues with the buses or lack of buses than, not sure if it has gotten any better

To get to DTD the boat is really nice.

You can't get to the theme parks from DTD though - you have to leave from a resort.

We stayed at ASMu in April during spring break and easter and over 16 days, only once did we wait more than 5 minutes for a bus. And we park hopped and returned to our resort mid afternoon, so I thought it was pretty good. I think buses are a bit hit and miss at any resort at any time. Other factors also affect your tolerance (heat, tired, miserable kids ...) and can make a slightly longer wait seem unbearable. You get mixed reviews about buses at every resort, but on the whole, I like the Disney transportation. SSR is really pretty and it is great being near to DTD to go and get dinner and walk around when the parks close early.

If you're in the Congress Park area of SSR, just walk to DTD. Very short, very nice little stroll. The boat to DTD docks below the Carriage House (main building), so depending on what area you are in, it may not be convenient. We've never had a problem using the bus transportation to the parks from SSR. As far as estimated times, just be sure to allow plenty of travel time if you are on a schedule. And remember that you will probably be waiting at the bus stop for several minutes, and there will be stops at the other areas of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter