SS Member Cruise Trip Report

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
I finally finished up writing my trip report from the SS Member Cruise. If you would like to view here are the links:

Pre-Cruise

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Final Thoughts

These are my first real try at a trip report (I let Mark do the live updates). They are a little long, but I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

What a terrific trip report. We could not go and were fine with that till I read your trip report. Now I want to cry, I am green with envy. But really, I am very happy for those who went and not at all surprised with the magic provided by Disney. There was obviously a reason which no one could see, the reason for the slight points increase for this cruise. Sounds like you got your money's worth. Thanks for sharing your trip with those of us who did not go and glad it was such a magical time.

msdis,

Thank you. I love reading others trip reports and glad you enjoyed mine.

Disney did do a wonderful job. That's why Mark and I had no hesitations in signing up even though the points were a little higher.

I'm hoping they do another next year and I agree with everyone else that if more notice was given others could have gone as well. We were lucky that it worked out for us.

I hope you get to enjoy the next one it was an amazing experience.

:wave:Mary,

I have a question for you regarding the DVC Member Cruise you and Mark just came back from.

To make the resssie for this cruise, was MS at DVC the only way you could make a ressie?

I was just working on my points figures, and if DVC does have another member cruise next summer, I would have to pay cash, so I was wondering if I still would have to use MS to make my ressie?

This thought just popped in my head, so I thought, I'd give you a shout.

Again, great trip report, looking forward to seeing more photos of the cruise!:p

Andy,

All reservations (both points and cash) were made through member services. They opened up special on a Saturday morning and reservations could only be made by calling in that day (no e-mail and no fax reservations).

If you paid via cash it had to be in full that day on a credit card.

They sold out almost completely that day, sold out the rest the next Monday. More cabins opened up as some people cancelled closer to the cruise.

Hope that helps.

Mary,
"EXCELLENT",that was an great trip report about the members cruise. I enjoyed reading all of it.Thanks for taking the time to do it and providing the short cut links for members that don't visit the Cruise boards.I think after members read it, and DVC gives at least 11 months notice, they will fill the ship for the next members cruise.
biggthumpup.gif

Thanks Mary, now I know to keep cash aside for when the next DVC Members Cruise comes up. I just hope my DW or I can get through the phone lines. One advantage we have, I guess it's an advantage:confused:, we have our home phone line, plus three cell phone lines to call from, LOL!!!:p

Mary,
My DW has two questions to ask.

1.)How far in advance did you know about the members cruise before MS were going to open for ressies?

2.)When did they open ressies (approx. date) for this past members cruise?

Nick & Cindy - thank you so much for the compliment on the trip reports. I was pretty proud of myself last night as I finally learned how to do links by myself :)

Andy - This cruise was really short notice. Word came out on the board in early August I think. It was up on the DVC web site about the same time. Got our postcard in the mail about it on 8/14 and reservations were taken 8/24 starting at 9 am Eastern. I know it took me an hour to get in.

I really hope they give more notice next time and I'm sure they could probably fill both ships!

Excellent job Mary!:D :D :D

We're doing the "a week ago we were............" :wave: :wave:

It was an exceptional cruise, made all the more special by the efforts of you and Mark to bring the DISers together.

Sorry you didn't feel well that one night.:(

Let's hope that it becomes an annual event! I'm ready.:D

Reg,

I'm more than ready for the next one too. We watched the Wonder leave tonight and were saying the same thing...one week ago. We had much better weather last week tho.

Almost can't believe its over, but we have lots of great memories.

Great trip report Mary!! It was so nice to Meet and spend time with you and Mark!

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter