• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

spying on guest in dvc villas

Status
Not open for further replies.

the who #3

DIS Veteran
i should have reported this earlier but never knew who to report to.:confused3

in 2006 (october) my grandchildren and i spent our first week at the bcv as new dvc members. we loved the beach club. when going into the villas upon arrival i saw a group of about 15 maids dressed in the normal brown maids uniform and being led by a woman dressed in normal streetware. aqua blue top and white pants to be exact. they walked ahead of me into the building and from then on i only saw them occasionallly in the hall way. (by the way, that was my first experience with unclean rooms at wdw.) sometime within the next few weeks i went to my bank at opening time and was confronted with locked doors at the front of the building. it was right at opening so i just waited and when seeing people inside i knocked on the door and they still would not open the door. i finally started around the building to the other doors and saw a woman, one of the maids, that i had seen at the bcv coming out of the bank. and she had on her brown maids uniform!!!!.:scared1: and that was a wdw uniform, the ones they still use. she had been in the bank and just looked at me and nodded her head with her hands on her hips to say that she could get in when i could not. when i got inside the teller inside said "you have already been here this morning haven't you". it was at that time only 10 minutes after opening. she had evidently gotten my checking account # out of my room, and was given the balance in my account by the teller. :mad: needless to say, that teller did not stay there very long and she had previously worked at another bank that i use. i don't know where she is now. one of the women who worked at the bank is related to a man who has had a promenent job at wdw for many years. i don't know if that is relevant or not, but she is no longer there either. that bank is being fazed out of my life at this time due to lack of security and confidentiality. :eek: it is pretty evident that someone got paid a little(or lot) under the table to snoop.

what this boils down to is that someone had private investigators pretending to be maids in order to spy on the guests.:(

my bank is not even in the state of florida!:listen: please do not leave personal id information in your rooms. we all love wdw and want to trust them but information that can lead to a stollen id should be secured.

i was very upset with the lack of privacy and security at the beach club, altho we still love to stay at bcv. they might be able to clean the rooms better if they were not spying instead of cleaning.:confused:

disney does need to be more carefull who they hire. i feel that i paid enough not to be treated that way by disney.

that has never happened since, thank goodness. if we had not loved wdw as we do, we probably would never have gone back.;) and this is a true story!

Does anyone understand this story?

The maid was a PI? HUH?

And it took 18 months to post and it's never been reported?

I have to admit I'm a little confused. I'm unclear on how exactly a maid taking bank account information from your room turns into a conspiracy involving private investigators spying on guests and duplicitous tellers in banks in your hometown (or did the bank thing happen in Florida? If it happened in your hometown, I am curious why a private investigator would follow you back to your hometown, still wearing a walt disney world uniform) for...some reason? I can understand being upset at someone stealing your bank account information, but I don't see how that necessarily turns into you being "spied on" or that this spying was sanctioned by someone... or a bribed teller... I dunno I guess I just don't understand the whole story.

I'm pretty sure that maids who want to steal from guests know how to do it and are pretty good at it. I don't see why there had to be other people involved and how knowing what was in your bank account gave someone out there some information they needed... you didn't say they tried to take the money, they just wanted to know what was in the account. I also don't see why the maid had to be a private investigator. I'm just confused, which is disconcerting for me because I get paid a lot of money to figure out confusing things and this one is just beyond me.

This does not make any sense. If someone got your information and went to the bank to check your balance, then there would be a video of said person. You should have immediately called the police. Then the police would have retrieved a photo of the woman, gone to Disney management and found this employee. I just dont understand why you didnt pursue this further? Also, the villas are key coded and they have a record of anyone that entered your room. So while you were staying on site you could have found out who entered your room. Just a side note if you notice staff coming or going from your room on an off day, confront them and contact the front office. I hope you dont take my comments the wrong way, and I hope all is resolved.

i should have reported this earlier but never knew who to report to.:confused3

A) WDW/Orlando Local Police:confused3
B) BCV Management:confused3
C) DVC Management:confused3
D) Local Police:confused3
E) Any Police:confused3

Those are just a few that came to mind the last 2 minutes.

A) WDW/Orlando Local Police:confused3
B) BCV Management:confused3
C) DVC Management:confused3
D) Local Police:confused3
E) Any Police:confused3

Those are just a few that came to mind the last 2 minutes.

Well I can't figure out WHAT you would report. That a maid banks at your bank? It doesn't sound like anything was "taken".... I just don't understand why a maid would ASK for your balance... unless there's a lot more going on here LOL!

And one small problem. Housekeeping at BCV has never worn BROWN!! They were blue and white!!! So who's in brown???

I just can't wrap my head around how these unrelated events became a vast bank account spying conspiracy. I'm just failing to find the common thread I guess.

Well I can't figure out WHAT you would report. That a maid banks at your bank? It doesn't sound like anything was "taken".... I just don't understand why a maid would ASK for your balance... unless there's a lot more going on here LOL!

And one small problem. Housekeeping at BCV has never worn BROWN!! They were blue and white!!! So who's in brown???

That's where I got lost. for some reason I kept thinking of UPS.

This is one wild and crazy story!

This woman's bank is not even in the state of Florida! So, this maid, this WDW maid, dressed in her brown WDW maid's uniform, traveled to this woman's bank in another state and was in the bank while the front doors were locked, looking at this woman's account information? And she was given this woman's checking account balance?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

This is one wild and crazy story!

This woman's bank is not even in the state of Florida! So, this maid, this WDW maid, dressed in her brown WDW maid's uniform, traveled to this woman's bank in another state and was in the bank while the front doors were locked, looking at this woman's account information? And she was given this woman's checking account balance?

And this all happened for no apparent reason other than to know what was in the account balance. That's one of the many parts that truly confuses me...what exactly was the point of all of this? I don't think I would go to all of this trouble to know what was in some random hotel guest's bank account. This reminds me of cartoon episodes from childhood where the characters follow unrelated events the entire time, believing there is some terrible conspiracy going on... and in the last five minutes it turns out to be a surprise party or some other random event. I felt let down then, I feel let down now.

And did this whole bank thing happen days after the trip? Weeks? Months? Who knows?

It could happen. Don't forget the role of the bank employee married to the Disney bigwig who mysteriously disappeared. Until we know her role, it's hard to say what is and isn't possible.

I'm just impressed by the OP's keen powers of observation, recognizing a maid she saw fleetingly weeks earlier.

It could happen. Don't forget the role of the bank employee married to the Disney bigwig who mysteriously disappeared. Until we know her role, it's hard to say what is and isn't possible.

I'm just impressed by the OP's keen powers of observation, recognizing a maid she saw fleetingly weeks earlier.

This is totally like a Hardy Boys story gone terribly, terribly wrong.

I'm waiting for the part where Chet gets captured by the WDW executive.

I can't comment on the OP's post, but it got me thinking a bit. We leave stuff in the safe in the villa, sometimes including things with personal info. Now I'm beginning to wonder... how safe are the safes? I"m sure they have a "back door" entrance code so management can get them open if they have to. If there's an "emergency" code, someone can steal it.

DisFlan

.....what this boils down to is that someone had private investigators pretending to be maids in order to spy on the guests.:( ........and this is a true story!...

If you'd left a snare in your villa you might have caught a heffalump too!

:scared: :crazy2:

We leave stuff in the safe in the villa, sometimes including things with personal info. Now I'm beginning to wonder... how safe are the safes? I"m sure they have a "back door" entrance code so management can get them open if they have to. How easy would it be for someone else, like an employee, to get that code?

DisFlan

Security at the resorts probably has access to such a code, but even if a run-of-the-mill employee had access to the code and decided to use it for nefarious purposes, what exactly are we supposed to do about it? It's not like we can bring a safe with us on the airplane. When you compare the relative safety and security of the existing safes with the likelihood that an employee would systematically go around using the master access code to steal, I think existing safes end up winning out as the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter