Spur of the moment... MNSSHP.

momnum1

Working My Way Down!!!
Hi guys! Just looking for some opinions...

We (me, DH, and 2 teen DD's) have been attending HHN over at US for a few years now... This year I happen to have enough Disney $$'s to purchase 4 tickets (if I'm reading the prices correctly) for MNSSHP. I know the two events are nothing alike, but me and my girls are huge Disney fans (esp. A Nightmare Before Christmas).

However, I know nothing about MNSSHP... things like, the crowd size (it would be a Saturday night), how early to arrive since we won't already be in the park, attractions that are open, is their a "halloween" parade that's different from the regular parade, etc...

If there is a thread that discusses this, I would appreciate a link to that, and just any advice in general is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!!!

Hi,

you can enter the park from 4pm using a party ticket, you will recieve a green wristband saying your their for the party some CM may ask to see this before you enter a land for the first few hours of the party.

you can wear fancy dress as long as isnt too scary as this is a Not so scary halloween party, including adults always fun :)

crowed levels vary i tend to find the best time to do rides later in the evening as crowds do start to dropp off later in the eve,.

you have 2 oppertunities to see the boo to you parade, a unique themed parade for the party.

also their is Hallo-wishes, the most spectacular firework display done with disney flare.

their are unique merchandise and character oppertunities like the 7 dwarves and princes with their princesses. mickey and minnie also will be dressing for the occassion.
you will have a blast, at MNSSHP you recieve a bag as you enter to collect your candy in, their are spots around the park to collect candy as you tour the park.

if you can go i would certainly do it, its a little different from the universal experience but its pure disney magic at its best, have a blast... Boo To You!!! :joker:

>Ash< you should work for Disney promotions or something. If I wasn't already going you would have sold the idea to me right there!

Hi,

you can enter the park from 4pm using a party ticket, you will recieve a green wristband saying your their for the party some CM may ask to see this before you enter a land for the first few hours of the party.

you can wear fancy dress as long as isnt too scary as this is a Not so scary halloween party, including adults always fun :)

crowed levels vary i tend to find the best time to do rides later in the evening as crowds do start to dropp off later in the eve,.

you have 2 oppertunities to see the boo to you parade, a unique themed parade for the party.

also their is Hallo-wishes, the most spectacular firework display done with disney flare.

their are unique merchandise and character oppertunities like the 7 dwarves and princes with their princesses. mickey and minnie also will be dressing for the occassion.
you will have a blast, at MNSSHP you recieve a bag as you enter to collect your candy in, their are spots around the park to collect candy as you tour the park.

if you can go i would certainly do it, its a little different from the universal experience but its pure disney magic at its best, have a blast... Boo To You!!! :joker:

Thank you so much!!! I actually wasn't really considering going until I saw a promo (or some type) of video about the Haunted Mansion themed like NMBC... I'm sure they have done this for some time, but since I don't go to WDW often, I didn't know that. It looked incredible (as does everything WDW) and now I feel like I have to see it! Do any of the "villains" make more of an appearance since its Halloween?

And I did read correctly... tickets are sold separately for this event and not as some type of add-on to a day ticket? Are all the rides open?

Thanks again!!

Thank you so much!!! I actually wasn't really considering going until I saw a promo (or some type) of video about the Haunted Mansion themed like NMBC... I'm sure they have done this for some time, but since I don't go to WDW often, I didn't know that. It looked incredible (as does everything WDW) and now I feel like I have to see it! Do any of the "villains" make more of an appearance since its Halloween?

And I did read correctly... tickets are sold separately for this event and not as some type of add-on to a day ticket? Are all the rides open?

Thanks again!!

Sorry, but only the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland does the NBC overlay, not the WDW one.

Yes, tickets are sold separately. Also, you said in your first post that you would be going on a Saturday night, but there aren't any Saturday parties. Based on when your ticker says you're going to be there, there are going to be parties on Friday the 12th and Sunday the 14th.

For a complete overview of the Halloween party, check here:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/2012-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-disney-world-character-locations-strategy-pictures-videos-and-fluff/

Yes, there is certainly a tendency for more villains to be out and about, which is another perk to this party -- whether villains, all 7 dwarves, the whole Alice in Wonderland gang together, or others, it is a great opportunity to see unusual characters, unique groupings or even characters wearing their own Halloween costomes.

As for the parade, the beginning of the parade is almost worth the ticket cost alone (OK, maybe not, but certainly a unique part of the night). Assuming you decide to go, make sure you are along the parade route a few minutes before it begins so as not to miss what I suppose you could call the grand marshall of the parade riding down the route before the official parade really begins.

Oh, and if you're fans of Nightmare Before Christmas, that music is playing in the background throughout the park (or at least it was a few years ago).

Yep, vilains are everywhere during MNSSHP. Here's a list of those we saw last year :

Lotso
Gaston
Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters
Jafar
Maleficient
Captain Hook
Dr. Facilier
Queen of Hearts
Evil Queen
Frollo
Cruella

As other said, only Disneyland is having the Haunted Mansion Holiday and Jack Skellington meet and greet which, just saying, I will see in three weeks! :rolleyes1

Thank you guys! I finally looked at tickets more closely and realized they don't have the event on Saturdays! We can go another night though... but I didn't realize the NBC is not at WDW... that's a little disheartening. But if the weather is good that weekend, I still think we will go. The ticket prices alone make it worth it for the four of us!!! And I did see a shot of the Headless Horseman... WOW!!!

I appreciate all of the info so much!!! And thanks for the event link!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter