Springtime Round-up after Easter

djk

Mouseketeer
Which elements of the Springtime Round-up will continue after Easter?

It's hard to say, because this year could be different than last year. Last year, the character egg art and the character egg artists disappeared after Easter. To me, that is a big highlight of the area. I think that some of the characters stayed around -- the Easter Bunny is gone after Easter, though.

All of the "spring-ish" décor was still up after Easter last year.

Shawn Slater of the Disney Parks Blog says that the Roundup will keep going through April 12th, and then it will have a more limited schedule until June 7th -- http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...roundup-blooms-once-again-at-disneyland-park/ He says that all of the Disney rabbits will be there through June 7th.

That is already different from last year. Last year the Roundup may have stayed open to some degree beyond Easter, but it was not officially announced as being open that long. So that tells me that they may make an effort to keep the egg art and everything there until at least April 12th, but who knows?

Thank you, Sherry! We will be there May 3-8, so we could check it out on Sunday or Friday, according to the hours in the link. I would love to see the egg art. And we have never met any of the Disney rabbits, so that would be really great to do that. Plus, I think Minnie and Mickey in their spring outfits are absolutely adorable!!

Are all the characters there at the same time? Or are just a few there at any given time and you get what you get?

You're welcome!

The characters probably will not all be there at the same time. When I was there I saw the Easter Bunny, Pluto in bunny ears, Minnie and I think one other character (can't remember which one it was). The rest of them must have been taking a break.

I think the character rotation runs kind of like how it runs in that area during the Halloween Carnival and the Jingle Jangle Jamboree -- the characters switch off and you get who you get! Lol.

Are all the characters there at the same time? Or are just a few there at any given time and you get what you get?
I stopped by on Saturday and I saw Pluto with his Bunny ears as the roaming character. The Easter Bunny and Rabbit were at fixed meet and greet locations.

Last year after Easter they brought out the Bears in addition to the rabbits, Br'er bear, Baloo, and maybe another rare one...

We are SO excited for this! We are all about the characters, so as long as we get photos with one or two of them, we'll be happy :)

I just posted this in the Egg-stravaganza thread and almost forgot to post it here!

This Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Findraybrown-Artist/456556691050979?fref=nf - belongs to Ray Brown, who is one of the egg artists at the Springtime Roundup (he also creates some of the great pumpkins at the Halloween Carnival during Halloween Time). I think he might post when he is done with his 'egg work' for the season. Without scrolling back through his posts last year, I think I remember that he sometimes posts when he is done with his seasonal work at DLR. So if, after April 5th, he posts that he is done with the eggs, then that probably means that all of the artists are done for the season. Maybe the eggs will stay on display after that, but there probably wouldn't be any new ones created.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter