Springhill Suites @ Marriott Village - Transportation question

geetey

Queen of the Smilies
I am helping friends of mine plan a Disney trip. They have chosen to stay at the Springhill Suites in the Marriott Village and are arriving Wednesday night. They will have cars (2 families - 8 people total) and are only going to MK and MGM.

Is anyone familiar with the shuttle service from the Marriott Village? Did you use it? How timely was it?

They have the option to drive but are very unfamiliar with the area. If they want to be at the park gates by 8:45 am on Thursday and Friday, what time would they need to leave Marriott Village?

If they leave by 8 am, can they get to the gates at MK by 8:45 am? We typically stay onsite, so I am unfamiliar with MK parking and the timing of the trams and ferryboat/monorail.

Same thing for MGM... if they leave by 8 am, can they get to MGM's gate by 8:45 am?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I would say 8:00am for MK

but 8:30 for studios - you can park at the front at studios.

its a very easy drive. you are just right off the interstate and you just need to get back on and its the next couple of exits. We never used the shuttles so I can't answer that question, but I wouldn't hesitate driving!

Thanks for your replies! It looks like driving is the way to go....

Does the timing look right? They are especially concerned about MK because you have to park, take a tram, take the monorail or ferryboat before getting to the entrance. They have one day at MK and really want to get there at opening.

We have been back home about 4 weeks we stayed at the springhill suites want a lovely place, the mears transport leaves the springhill suites for magic kingdom at 8am 9am and 10am, and for mgm it leaves at 8am and 10am and leaves the park every hour after 4.14. But if your friends do drive it really is about 5 to 10 min away and you really carnt miss it. I had never drove in america before and i found it so i was sure your friends will. Hope this helps if you need to know anything else let me now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter