Springhill Suites @ Marriott Village - Should we stay here

thatbklyngirl

Earning My Ears
Myself and two girlfreinds are having a quick weekend trip early in Sept.
We made a reservation at SS @ Marriott villiage, but now I'm worried it will be too "kiddie". We defintely wanted a pool/sun time but I'm having flashes of kids running around.

If you have stayed at this property, what was your experience like? How was the buffet?

Our whole purpose for this trip is to visit both of Emeril's resturants. Are we making an okay choice, or can you reccommend another property..

Thanks we are looking foward to Orlando no matter where we stay so we can :cool1:

Thanks

I stayed there 3-4 years ago just after it opened. I don't remember a bunch of kids there but it's Orlando so you've got to expect every hotel to have kids. The hotel was very nice. I'd stay there again in a second. Very nice free breakfast buffet. Cold stuff mostly. Very nice location. The pool was great and I believe you can hop to the other pools in the complex at the Fairfield Inn and Courtyard.

It is a great place to stay. Breakfast buffet is pretty good. You will have a great time.

we stayed there a couple of years ago and it was very nice. The location is great!

What kind of rate are you getting? I've usually find that I can get a better deal at the Residence Inn which has a hot buffet breakfast.

We stayed there a couple times and thought it was great. However, if you're only going to be going to the Universal area, you could probably find something closer to avoid traffic problems.

Have you considered staying onsite at Universal? YOu could walk right down to his restaurant at the Royal Pacific if you stayed there. Also, you can easily walk to Citywalk from the onsite hotels. Royal Pacific has a great pool. Also, the Hard Rock Hotel is wonderful. The Hard Rock pool is my favorite in Orlando! It is stunning at night. For what you have planned I think you would really enjoy being at Universal. YOu would not need to drive anywhere once you got to the hotel!

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in 2003. Even though I have a child, I am not immune to the distruptions that kids can cause. I did not experience this at SS. It was clean and nice, no theme or anything. Breakfast was good and we could take it back to our room which made my little one very happy. I think that you will like it. If you stay there, check out Bahama Breeze for dinner. It is in the same lot area, great atmosphere and food and if you drink, you can always walk back to your hotel. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all your suggestions. The rate I'm getting is 79 bucks a night. Split between three its a steal... I will look into staying closer to Universal. I"m not familiar with Orlando at all, so I feel like i'm going in blind. but this site is such a great resource :)

thatbklyngirl said:
Thanks for all your suggestions. The rate I'm getting is 79 bucks a night. Split between three its a steal... I will look into staying closer to Universal. I"m not familiar with Orlando at all, so I feel like i'm going in blind. but this site is such a great resource :)

If you have a AAA card you can get it down to $71 a night!! We did.

It's nice! Free coffee is available 24 hrs. per day down the lobby. You can indeed pool hop---the Courtyard has the nicest pool, with a waterfall and indoor/outdoor pool. I agree that you'll find kids everywhere in Orlando, but overall these Marriotts are some of the most pleasant (newer, cleaner) hotels in the area. We pricelined at NikkiBird last spring and it was the pits---told my dh that I am only staying at the Marriotts from now on (which made him happy, as it's his personal choice).

What kind of room are you getting for 79.00 a night. Does it come with continental breakfast? How many pools are there? I am already looking to book for next year.

I booked a suite there with 2 full beds, sleeper sofa and seperate living room for 61.00 a night with AAA. It looks like a great location.

OK. I was trying to see if I could get a rate like that for our stay next year. I came upon the JWMarriott Grande Lakes hotel while searching. They have a room available for only $9970 per night. Could that be right????????????? :earseek:

By the way, I could only get the Springhill Suites for $119 per night with AAA. Did you have a special code for your rate?

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter