SpringHill Anaheim Resort/Conv. Cntr vs. Fairfield Anaheim Resort

ScrtSolstice

Yensid would be proud
My mom is joining me on a weeklong trip in September and I'm wondering if folks have a preference between these two hotels. I've stayed at the Fairfield before, but not SpringHill (though I've stayed at the Sheraton on the other side of it's neighbor hotel). They're also currently the same cost.

The walking distance will be greater from SpringHill, but it looks like the rooms are bigger and there's a free breakfast which could come in handy given that she wakes up a fair bit earlier. Aside from the distance to gate, any reasons or red flags with SpringHill?

Is there a hotel you prefer outside of these two? Happy to hear recommendations, but it is close to the trip so it may be sold out or much higher cost given the exchange rate (we're Canadian). Thanks in advance for any input!

SpringHill is indeed a bit nicer and bigger but a but further which is its biggest negative.

Having stayed at the SH, RI and FFI, i always choose the FFI as I value proximity to the parks more than anything.

Another advantage of the SpringHill is that there is a kitchen which would facilitate preparing some meals while there.

I would go with the Springhill over the Fairfield for the better room quality and free breakfast. I'm not sure what kitchen the previous poster is talking about because the rooms in the Springhill have a microwave and mini-fridge only which I don't consider to be a full kitchen. The Fairfield only has a mini-fridge in the room and no microwave.

The Sheraton was renovated a few years ago so depending on when you last stayed there, the rooms may be a lot nicer now. Of the three hotels, I would generally recommend the Springhill to most people and the Fairfield to people who care mostly about walking distance to the parks.

There is also an ART stop outside the CVS that is below the Springhill. The rooms have a bit of a seperate seating area if you are up at different times.

Springhill if want free breakfast onsite and private rooms.

FFI if distance is important. McDonalds on the way too. Mind that this is MOTEL. Fair amount of noise going by rooms.

When not at a Disney hotel the three of us usually stay on the ground floor at the Fairfield inn. I have a scooter and the elevators there are small. We have never had a noise issue there.

When not at a Disney hotel the three of us usually stay on the ground floor at the Fairfield inn. I have a scooter and the elevators there are small. We have never had a noise issue there.

Depends on where you room is and when you wake up...I have selected in my Marriott profile "close to elevator" option (we often stay at lager resorts for work travel) and quite often the FFI puts me RIGHT next to elevator...we also tend to sleep in and hit the parks mid morning...so when I have those rooms that close to elevator we are often woken up by a constant parade of excited kids on their way to the parks...but that has been my only noise complaint with that property.

That's actually better on the ground as people tend not to walk right by the rooms on the ground floor -- just cut across the parking lot.

The hard part of FFI are the roller bags moving in front causing the noise along with the excited squeal of an excited child in the morning.

Cheers, all, for the the suggestions and feedback. Sounds like it's a win either way if we don't mind the distance. The two times I've stayed at FFI the sound didn't bug me too much, but I am a very light sleeper so a switch may be worth it. I do like the added "security" of the doors being on the inside more hotel than motel style.
Thanks again for the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter