Springfield expansion taking shape...

derekburgan

Mouseketeer
From this morning.

261675_546343842082523_1521375487_n.jpg

Signs are up for many of the locales including the one for Cletus (formerly Kentucky Fried Panda), Moes, Krusty Burger and the Comic Book Guy's shop.

It's from the Facebook page of Orlando Informer.

From Facebook:

65621_10151462094232852_1376190600_n.jpg

Springfield is coming to Universal Orlando Resort! An all-new Simpsons-themed area will open at Universal Studios Florida this summer  allowing guests to step into the world of The Simpsons like never before.

It will be the only place in the world where you can walk the streets of Springfield, grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, imbibe at Moes Tavern and more! Plus there will be Duff Beer  brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando - and a new attraction called Kang & Kodos Twirl n Hurl that will take you foolish humans on an intergalactic spin designed to send you into orbit!

That concept art looks great. I got the e-mail from universal, but they didn't have that cool picture.

we will be down there next week, but it won't be open :(

guess I'll have to wait until October to see this.

June 20th is the rumoured date. It is supposed to open the same time as Transformers. Looks like a lot still needs to be done but apparently the interiors are all basically finished.

They are really trying to step it up against disney.. Looks nice. To bad I don't like HP or Simpsons doh! Lol

They are really trying to step it up against disney.. Looks nice. To bad I don't like HP or Simpsons doh! Lol

agreed. looks cool and although not a fan of the movie or TV show it's defiantly a game changer for them. both have Huge masses that follow-

can't wait.

Couldn't believe that concept art. I loved the Diagon Alley art, but the style of the Simpsons cartoon is a "cartoony" style I have loved for the last 20 plus years. To see it merged with one of my all time favorite theme parks is almost a dream come true. How great does that lagoon area look with Duff Gardens? And we're getting DUFF BEER on tap! Butterbeer, Hog's Head Ale, Duff Beer, Energon...this is how you do signature drinks right.

Great news! I really hope it is open by June 24th! My kids would love it!!!!

How dare you mention THAT place? WE DO NOT REFER TO THAT DARK LAND ON THIS FORUM!

funny-again1.jpg

Should you choose the dark side, you can discuss that horrible place here.

;)

It actually sounds pretty cool! I always thought they needed to improve that area and this is a good fit!

I can't wait until September to go see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter