Spring vs. Spring Advantage

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by gabzee, Oct 26, 2012.

1. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

Hi there! :) I was trying to figure out the difference between the two (other than the obvious that Spring is from Jan-May and Spring Advantage is from Jan-Aug). Which one would you do and why? Any opinions or insights would be great!!! :) Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. psherman42

psherman42 Mouseketeer

I'm doing spring advantage. I did the fall 2011 program and honestly it wasn't long enough lol so this time I want to be down there as long as I can.

4. NHSchool2012

NHSchool2012 DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

When I had my interview on the phone I told the woman that I didn't have a preference on which I wanted to do. It all depends on how long you want to be away and working I guess. I'm thinking about transferring colleges, so I didn't care if I was gone until August or if I came home in May.

5. MinnieMeaghan

MinnieMeaghan Earning My Ears

I recommend the Spring Advantage. I did it in 2010 (merchandise). A lot of my friends only did the Spring program and when they had to leave, they felt it was too short. I felt the Advantage was a good amount of time (January/February to August). Hope this helps :-)

6. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

I just completed the spring advantage program this spring, however, the girl I was seeing while on the program was originally doing the regular spring term. When it came time to extend she had only been there for about 3 months and she felt that it had gone by much too quickly and was regretting not signing up for advantage so she applied to extend and was accepted along with 2 of her roommates. Personally, I felt that the advantage program was too short, but it does allow you more time to complete your bucket list. Also, you have to consider that if you are advantage and your roommates aren't and they don't extend you will either get new roommates or have to switch apartments. Also a consideration, the longer you're there the more events you get to see or take part in. If I hadn't done advantage I never would have worked in the Star Wars tent during Star Wars weekends. Or I wouldn't have taken part in the Canoe races of the world and canoed around Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Kingdom. GO SUNSET CANOE CREW!!! :woohoo: