• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

spring training game at wide world of sports

mickeys papi

Mouseketeer
looking for input from those of you that have gone to a spring trainig game at wide world of sports....what was it like ...any yhing that is a must do and any other tips

We're huge Braves fans so it was a lot of fun for us! We sat behind home plate. I wish we had gotten there for batting practice, but we got caught up in some timeshare drama. I was able to meet quite a few players and coaches after the game by going to the fence in the outfield. My number one tip though is bring sunscreen!!! It gets hot there.

We're also Braves fans, but we currently live about 45 minutes north of the Disney area and can go whenever we like. The past several years we've bought "mini plan" tickets, which means going 3 times in 4 days or 4 times in 6 days, etc. Mostly we've been lucky with weather and that's important, believe it or not.
We enjoy going early but have never gotten there early enough to see the Braves batting practice. We like the stadium and we always try to get seats behind home plate or as close as possible.
The food is better on the lower level than the upper level, so we always get our lunch downstairs before going up for our seats. We used to be able to get seats in the lower section, but now most of those are taken up by season ticket holders.
We generally get some good pictures of the team members but have never tried to get autographs. It's a lot of fun and I think you'd enjoy it!

Dh is hoping to see them play the Yankees on March 10th when we are in WDW.
The game is sold out (other than lawn seats), but, if the weather is good, dh loves the Yankees enough to pay scalpers crazy prices.
I can't really complain though. He let me plan spring break at Disney instead of where he wanted to go. :mickeybar

We're also Braves fans, but we currently live about 45 minutes north of the Disney area and can go whenever we like. The past several years we've bought "mini plan" tickets, which means going 3 times in 4 days or 4 times in 6 days, etc. Mostly we've been lucky with weather and that's important, believe it or not.
We enjoy going early but have never gotten there early enough to see the Braves batting practice. We like the stadium and we always try to get seats behind home plate or as close as possible.
The food is better on the lower level than the upper level, so we always get our lunch downstairs before going up for our seats. We used to be able to get seats in the lower section, but now most of those are taken up by season ticket holders.
We generally get some good pictures of the team members but have never tried to get autographs. It's a lot of fun and I think you'd enjoy it!

Getting autographs is a lot of fun! I met this adorable little round faced kid who smiled and gladly signed my baseball. A few short months later that cute round faced kid became my favorite player and six time all-star player Brian McCann! I had no idea who he was until he got brought up and I remember thinking this kid is amazing and looks really familiar! :lmao: I also got to meet Leo Mazzone and that was definitely a highlight in my years as a Braves fan.

How early is batting practice...and when and where do you go for autographs? DH and DS are going to a game when we are there for spring break and I know they would enjoy that! Thanks!

It's on the Disney site under Wide World of Sports...Braves Spring Training.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=atl#m=3&y=2012&calendar=DEFAULT

Gates open three hours prior to start time. Ages 3 and older require a ticket. Outside food and drink are not permitted. Umbrellas and chairs are not allowed inside the stadium. For the safety of our guests, strollers are prohibited inside Champion Stadium. All packages, parcels, backpacks and small bags (purses and hip packs) will be subject to inspection prior to entering the stadium. The following noise makers are not allowed: air horns, whistles and cow bells. Individual game tickets vary by game and opponent. Tickets are an additional $5 each when purchased on day of the game. End of dialog content

Looking for 3 Yankee Braves tickets for 3/10 - Please e-mail me if you have any extras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter