• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break Plans. Please help me through it.

Steve19842015

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Please poke holes in my plans. So just a little bit of information regarding myself and family. This is our 2nd go around at WDW. We went there about a year ago for 3 days. Two days at MK and one day at HS. We will fly in from AZ on 03/15 at Coronado Springs and return home on 03/23. Family of 4. Son-13 and daughter-6. Both are night owls and we are a pretty active family. Also purchased the dining plan. All dining plans have reservation. Most FP are set to early to obviously get more. I do have one where I picked illuminations just to be safe most rides at Epcot at least at the moment I feel I can wait for.

03/15- Check in and have reservation at T-Rex at 8pm.
-----------------------------------
03/16-MK-Hours currently 9am-11pm
Chef Mickeys- Breakfast @ 7:15
BBB- @10:30a. Planing staying around that area from RD until a few mins before appt.

FP- Meet Mickey @ 2:20-3:20
Planning on sticking around if parade is still scheduled for 3pm.
FP- Cinderella/Rapunzel @ 4pm
FP- Anna/Elsa @5pm

Cinderellas Table Dinner@8:20pm
Stay for Wishes at 10pm
-------------------------------------
03/17- Epcot Future- 9am-9pm. MH 8am-9a
*** Planning on being there at 8am go on best recommended rides during MH.

San Angel Inn Lunch- @1:30pm
Corral Reef Dinner @6:50pm

FP-Spaceship Earth 3:30-4:30
FP-Journey into imagination@ 5:30
FP-Illuminations @ 9pm
------------------------------
03/18- Epcot World- 11am-9pm
Kona- Breakfast @8:15am
La Hacienda Dinner@5:45pm

FP- Test Track- 11am-12pm
FP- The Sea- -12:45pm-1:45pm
FP- Turtle Talk- 1:45p-2:45p
Stay for Illuminations @9pm
03/19- Animal Kingdom- 9am-7p. MH 8a-9a
Yak and Yeti dinner 4:45p

FP- Expedition 10:10a-11:10a
FP- Dinosaur 11:50a-12:50p
FP- Kilimanjaro 1:40p-2:40p
03/20- Hollywood St-9a-10a- MH 8a-9a
SciFi Lunch @1:40pm

FP-Toy Story 1020a-11:20a
FP-Tower-12:05p-1:05p
FP-Frozen-2:05-2:20*** thinking about changing this to 3:05 to accommodate for lunch at SciFi

Fantasmic @8:30pm
-----------------------------
03/21-Magic Kingdom. 9am-Midnight
BOG breakfast at 8:05am
BOG dinner at either 6:20p or 8p

Immediately after breakfast going to rides around fantasyland

FP-7DMT 9:30a-10:30a
FP-Space Mountain-11:05a-12:05p
FP-BTM-1:05p-2:05p

Wishes at 9pm
Last day
03/22
Hollywood Studios-9Am-8pm
Whispering Canyon breakfast @7:30a?? Good??
FP-Rock n Roll Coaster-11:15a-12:15p
FP-ToT-12:25p-1:25p
FP-Star Tours-2:10p-3:10p

Fantasmic at 7pm or 9pm

I would definitely move that Frozen event a little later, because depending on crowds you might just be getting seated at Sci-Fi...and when you say "planning being there at 8:00..." I hope you mean 30-45 minutes *before* 8:00 so that you get the full benefit of rope drop. :-)

Yea I think I might just move the reservation for frozen a little later. Definitely will be there earlier than rope drop.

Not staying until super late. But 9-10. Depending on let shows like wishes, illuminations and fantasmic.

I too worry about your very long days especially with a 6 yo. Plus you will be jet lagged. Also you need to factor in travel time from CSR for early morning EMH. Personally I think you are trying to do too much & will be exhausted after a few days
Good Luck

I think that your family will rebel on Day 2. You are still going to be on AZ time and that CM at 7:15, after a late night on your arrival day, means that you will be at the bus stop by 6:30 AM. And you want to last until after Wishes. I Looked at your plans and I really think that they are unrealistic. You have schedule just about every day from RD to park close.

My family does either RD or park close. Never both. We try to plan so that we can have a good sleep and hit the day fresh. I would have a mutiny with your plan.

Hello,
Please poke holes in my plans. So just a little bit of information regarding myself and family. This is our 2nd go around at WDW. We went there about a year ago for 3 days. Two days at MK and one day at HS. We will fly in from AZ on 03/15 at Coronado Springs and return home on 03/23. Family of 4. Son-13 and daughter-6. Both are night owls and we are a pretty active family. Also purchased the dining plan. All dining plans have reservation. Most FP are set to early to obviously get more. I do have one where I picked illuminations just to be safe most rides at Epcot at least at the moment I feel I can wait for.

BBB- @10:30a. Planing staying around that area from RD until a few mins before appt.

FP- Anna/Elsa @5pm

Stay for Wishes at 10pm

FP-Illuminations @ 9pm

FP-Frozen-2:05-2:20*** thinking about changing this to 3:05 to accommodate for lunch at SciFi

Wishes at 9pm
Last day
03/22

Fantasmic at 7pm or 9pm

I would factor in jet lag. You have a lot of late nights followed by early mornings. There is no way I would do a park close followed by 7:15 am, 7:30 am, 8:15 am breakfasts, especially when you will be two hours behind (MST) AND you have to factor resort to resort travel time into your day. It's just not worth it. There is no way I would go all the way to Kona or Whispering Canyon only to turn around and go to EP and DHS. If you want a TS breakfast on your EP FW day, consider Garden Grill. If you want a TS breakfast on your EP WS day, consider Akershus, Cape May buffet or Trattoria al Forno. You could schedule your breakfasts a little later and significantly cut down on your travel time.

Also, there are a few days that you really don't need to be there at RD if you want to sleep in. Unless you plan on going on rides multiple times, you really do not need to be at RD for AK and DHS if you plan on spending your entire day there.

Except for CM on your first MK day (and even then, after being in Disney Springs late the previous night and coming from MST, that's really early), I would ditch the resort breakfasts and, if you have to have TS breakfasts, find some that are either in or closer to the park you are visiting each day. We've personally given up on TS breakfasts. It's too much pressure to wake up and worry about transportation that early in the morning. We prefer eating something small or even picking up QS or Starbucks in the parks. We still try to make RD, but schedule our FP+ to start around 10 am to give us more wiggle room in the morning. Packing each and every day from RD to close can get really exhausting, really fast.

This has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of bad ideas on this website. Your T Rex dinner will wrap up about 9:30. Then your bus back to Coronado will get you back to your room about 10:15. Then you've gotta get up at probably 5:30 at the latest in order for the four of you to be ready to be out the door by 6:30 to get to Chef Mickey's in time. I'm assuming you'll take a cab because I don't know if there's a way to bus it there. Or you've rented a car which could help. Flying takes a lot out of you, and it seems like you're setting your family up to be totally wiped out by 12:00PM on the second day you're there.

FP- Anna/Elsa @5pm

Stay for Wishes at 10pm

See, this is what I'm talking about. You guys are gonna be completely wiped out by that time that CRT comes around. Honestly I think you'll be much better off canceling Chef Mickeys and just eating at the resort for breakfast. Then you can sleep in until 7:00 and still easily make RD. I know that the time change means you're 3 hours behind so it'll be tough to go to bed at night so that means it will be even tougher getting up at 5:30AM (like 2:30 AZ time) to make that Chef Mickey's in the morning.

FP-Illuminations @ 9pm

No, no, no. Do not go to Epcot on back-to-back days. Mix it up a bit. Go back to MK on the 18th. Without Soarin' I couldn't imagine spending 2 days at Epcot. Test Track will have 2 hour lines during Spring Break so you'll be forced into doing the other stuff at EPCOT. And there's no way Figment, Nemo, or Spaceship Earth are as fun as the rides at MK.

So what you're saying is you're planning on being at Illuminations, getting on your resort bus at EPCOT at 10:30, getting back to Coronado at 11:00, getting to bed at 11:30PM, and then getting up by 6:00AM in order to make EMH at AK. And you're planning this every single day? Does your family regularly go to bed at midnight and get up at 6:00AM?

Good Fastpass picks for this one.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can find a way to be entertained at Hollywood Studios from 8AM until 7:30PM when you line up for Fantasmic! There's just no 11.5 hours worth of things to do at Hollywood Studios.

Wishes at 9pm

I think an 8:00PM Be Our Guest may make it tight to be out by 9:00PM fireworks.

Last day
03/22
Fantasmic at 7pm or 9pm

You will have NO desire to go back to Hollywood Studios for a second time. And seriously, Whispering Canyon? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but your coming from the HS area (coronodo) to the MK area (Wilderness Lodge) then going right back to the HS area! That's a bunch of wasted time on Disney transportation. If you want the Whispering Canyon breakfast do it on your MK day. But as I said, you won't want to go back to HS so I'd bet $1,000 your family will want to go to MK after your breakfast.

With 7 Park days I would recommend 3 MK, 2 AK, 1 HS and 1 EP. Epcot without Soarin and Hollywood Studios without...well without a lot of stuff, are just not going to have enough activities to fill 2 full park days.

Here's my honest opinion for you. I've gone to WDW like 10 times. We go twice per year. And EVERY year we see families fighting, kids crying, people looking irritated and exhausted. Disney World is a very exhausting place. We only go to the park about 5 hours per day. That's it for us. Now, we go twice per year so we don't feel like we're missing out because we know we're coming back. But, seriously, 15 hour days after 15 hour day is going to kill your family. You guys don't have any rest time built in (like a pool morning/afternoon), shoot you don't even have time to SLEEP! You're leaving the parks at 10:00PM every day (or later) and you're planning on getting out of bed by 6:00AM every single day to make those 8:00AM EMH's or breakfast reservations. You just can't get 6 hours of sleep and then walk for 15 hours straight, then sleep 6 hours and then walk 15 hours, then sleep 6 hours.... It just doesn't work. The human body can't handle it. This is why you see so many meltdowns at WDW. This is why people get into fights waiting for Wishes. Because people push themselves too hard.

Build in some time away from the parks. Build in some rest time or you're going to be a very unhappy family on day 3. And then you'll be that parent who's yelling at their family "I spent $5,000 on this trip, so stop fighting/crying/whining!!" I hear that one every single trip.

Last edited:
I appreciate everyone's responses and input. So maybe to start off the trip I cut out Trex and chef mickeys the 1st day so we can go to bed early and wake up for RD out first day. I really liked HS. I wouldn't mind doing two days there. I really thought about just doing one day at Epcot. I've never been. I've heard conflicting information for and against. I'll look to cancel or shuffle some things around. Still on the fence about Epcot. Worst case scenario is I go the first day and if it's not my cup of tea I can go somewhere else the next day. Obviously down side is my FP reservation.

I appreciate everyone's responses and input. So maybe to start off the trip I cut out Trex and chef mickeys the 1st day so we can go to bed early and wake up for RD out first day. I really liked HS. I wouldn't mind doing two days there. I really thought about just doing one day at Epcot. I've never been. I've heard conflicting information for and against. I'll look to cancel or shuffle some things around. Still on the fence about Epcot. Worst case scenario is I go the first day and if it's not my cup of tea I can go somewhere else the next day. Obviously down side is my FP reservation.

We like DHS too, and we tend to go twice but we never spen a whole day there. Actually, we never spend all day in any park.
I know that you are traveling a long way, and there is a lot to do once you arive, but the bottom line is that even if you do spend all day every day in the parks, you still will nto get it all done. SO I suggest that you do nto try.

CSR is a pretty resort, and it has a great pool. I would spend my arrival day there. Have dinner at the resort, and go to bed early. Cancel CM the next day and eat at the resort, then go to the park. This will give you a good hour o two extra sleep. Do not try to make it to Wishes. Have dinner and go back to the resort. Catch WIshes on the 23rd.

I would not try to get to Epcot at RD the next day. You are planning a long day there, so start a little later.

Cancel Kona breakfast. You are traipsing from CSR to the Poly for breakfast and then you ae heading back to Epcot. If you want breakfast eat at one of the Epcot resorts or at the Garden Grill. You are spending way too much time travleing to breakfast. YOu have already seen Illuminations. It is nice, but not worth exhaus=ting your family to see it again.Go back to CSR.

I love AK.
On your last day I would not go to WCC and then to DHS. Too much travel just for breakfast.

Hi
I have been going during Spring Break for the past 12 years.
Here are a few of my suggestions

1. The weather in March is beautiful--I have learned to plan more pool/resort activity down time.
The dig site Pool has alot of fun activities.

2. I have the most fun booking a lunch meal at Raglan Road in Disney Springs on March 17th to take part
St.Patrick's Day Celebration,, where ever you choose to go remember to wear green.

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/events/saint-patricks-day/

3. For the past few years Disney has messed up my 8 am early morning dining (aka get into the park early Extra Magic Hours) by opening the Parks early (7am). Keep an eye on this.
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_march.pdf

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/calendars/march-2016-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar-2/

4. Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is going on when you are there. I do not book meals in Epcot during this time as it is just alot of fun to wander around World Showcase (WS) and snack at all the food booths.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/ep-flower-garden.htm

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/events/flower-and-garden-festival/

5. Crowds have increased during March in the past few years,,but by making a few plans like you are it will work out great!
good read about Spring Break here

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2014/...endar-with-dining-and-fastpass-booking-dates/

Have a Wonderful Magical Holiday

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
On your previous trip, did you do all-day-long from early park opening till late at night all three days?

If so, I'd say you have a good shot at doing that again for 3, maybe even 4 days, but by Day 5, I would be very surprised if you are able to keep up the pace. (Have learned this the hard way from experience.)

Since your family members are night owls, you may discover you'll want to sleep in a couple of mornings to refresh yourselves, and an advantage of FP+ is that you can have at least 3 attractions without much wait if you arrive at a park in the late morning or early afternoon.

You sound like you have a great attitude and that means all the difference in having a OK trip or having a Great trip! Good for You!
Yes those darn FP+ are messing up my planning right now also.
Best wishes
Hugs Mel

Thanks Mel! I am a glass half full kind of guy. No need to get all upset over a vacation. I definitely want to make the best of our trip but I don't want to make it unbearable for the family. They know I'm Not a relaxing kind of father and so by default neither is my family. Lol. So I'm not thinking of cancelling my day two in Epcot for another MK but perhaps use it for a relaxing day at the hotel. Leave the pro maybe at 4pm and chill for the remainder of the day. This would be a true shock to the family. Last year we divided out vaca. 4 day cruise to bahama and then 3 days at WDW. We were pretty beat by the end lol. So I think I'm going to make the following amendments. Cancelling Trex. Check in and CSR and have lunch and hang out there. I hear pepper market is a good place. Cancelling CM the next morning. Cancel Kona and wilderness. Thinking about just adding Hollywood and vine for breakfast at HS last day. As far as food at Epcot I never thought about the flower and garden festival. Hmmmmmm

I believe someone mentioned this in a PP, but MK will probably open at 8am during that time. We went at the same time last year and will be going again during that time this year. About a week or two before the trip last year, they changed the MK hours to open at 8am. So AM EMH was at 7am! It was really nice and dead, but it's early if you weren't planning on it. It also throws off any pre-park opening breakfasts, which is one reason we just don't bother with them.

Also beware of spreading meals too far apart, unless you are planning on snacking. One of your days you originally had breakfast at 7am and then dinner at 8:30pm. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. We are not big eaters, but we tend to eat more and get hungrier at Disney with all of the walking. Plus, meals are nice break for sitting and relaxing out of the elements.

EDIT: Also, the Star Wars fireworks will be going on at DHS until at least 3/19, possibly longer. I didn't see them in your plans, but the March schedule isn't up yet on the Disney site.

Thanks Mel! I am a glass half full kind of guy. No need to get all upset over a vacation. I definitely want to make the best of our trip but I don't want to make it unbearable for the family. They know I'm Not a relaxing kind of father and so by default neither is my family. Lol. So I'm not thinking of cancelling my day two in Epcot for another MK but perhaps use it for a relaxing day at the hotel. Leave the pro maybe at 4pm and chill for the remainder of the day. This would be a true shock to the family. Last year we divided out vaca. 4 day cruise to bahama and then 3 days at WDW. We were pretty beat by the end lol. So I think I'm going to make the following amendments. Cancelling Trex. Check in and CSR and have lunch and hang out there. I hear pepper market is a good place. Cancelling CM the next morning. Cancel Kona and wilderness. Thinking about just adding Hollywood and vine for breakfast at HS last day. As far as food at Epcot I never thought about the flower and garden festival. Hmmmmmm

I liked the Chipoltle Bacon Burger at Pepper Market! I have not eaten at Maya Grill, but it sure did look good.

My friends booked H&V not knowing it was a character meal, and they are not kid people. I would have loved to be a fly on their wall that morning! LOL! I do think it is a good idea to have a character breakfast in a park though, mt Princesses loved every one!

I love Epcot and I think it is a great park for kids. My DGD loved the Agent P adventure (or whatever they call it). We thought it would keep her busy, and it did, but we all got drawn in!

I remember the first trip we brought my kids (it was a LOOOONG time ago) and our stay was 10 days altogether in FL. WE wanted to do everything, and we sure did try. I needed a vacation fom ou vacation when we got back home, and never did that again. My oldest, who is 40 now, just rrecently told me that he has never agreed to go back with us as an adult because all he can picture is that mad rush that we (I) put him through when he was 12. Talk abut holding a grudge! LOL!!!!

Revised plan. Still a few late evenings and early wake up plans. Will not plan on being at any given park past 10pm.

03/15- Check in at 3pm.
Eat QS at hotel Pepper Market
Relax go to sleep early
03/16-MK-Hours currently 9am-11p.
BBB- @10:30a. Planning staying around that area from RD until a few mins before appt.

FP- Anna/Elsa @5pm
FP- Wishes @9:30p-10p

----------------------------------

DD Snacks throughout park flower and garden

FP-Spaceship Earth 9:25-10:25
FP-Journey into imagination@ 10:25a-11:25a
FP-Illuminations @ 9pm
----------------------------------------
03/18- Magic Kingdom. 9am-12a. MH-8a-9a

FP- Haunted Mansion- 10:05a-11:05a
FP- 7DMT -11:35a-12:35p
FP- BTMR- 12:50-1:50p

Boma- Dinner @8pm
Go hotel after BTMR- Relax and pool
-------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

Dinner Hollywood and Vine @5:15p

FP-Toy Story 10:20a-11:20a
FP-Frozen-1:05p-1:20p

Fantasmic 1st show. Reservation
--------------------------------------

BOG dinner at either 6:20p

FP-Wishes 9pm
------------------------------------------

Last day
03/22

Mama Melrose Italian @ 3:55p with reservation to Fantasmic. 1st show.

Fantasmic at 7pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter