Spring Break or Early June this year?

deva

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

One of my students is a huge Harry Potter fan and has talked her family into a Universal Orlando vacation. I told her to go during MLK weekend, but her mom felt that they needed a good solid week as this would be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation & her mom said she's leaning toward spring break this year. My thought was that, especially this year, spring break week is going to be a nightmare. I say especially this year because districts like mine that align their spring break with the last week in March are having spring break the same week with districts that align spring break with the week after Easter. Thus, my thought was spring break week would have crazy crowds. I told her instead to think about going the day school ends, which would be the week of June 6-13th. I know that Universal is busy during the summer but I have been there around this time of the year in June the last 2 years and I know the parks are busy but very manageable with Express.

As I've never been to Universal during spring break, can I have confirmation that my logic is correct?

i have gone during spring break and the beginning of june.

hands down i would choose june.
i don't like to be in intense crowds....

if you go by the mid of that month, it is managable.

the later in june that you go, you will run into crowds, especially the end of june.

if they stay onsite and go during spring break, it would be easier with the hotel perks.
unlimited usage of express lines and one hour early entry for parry hotter section.

i'm sure others that have gone during spring break and june will be glad to share their opinions with you.

we all tour the parks differently and feel strong on our choices.

i stay for a longer stay than others so i do have time to hit everything i want to and stay onsite.

It kind of depends when the spring break is too. The earlier in March it is, the lesser the crowds. There is only one or two weeks where the crowds are really bad. But generally, early June is better.

I have been there during both of those time periods.
Spring break is a madhouse, but staying on site makes it very manageable.
The parks are usually open later during spring break than the first coulple weeks in June.

We go during Spring Break every year. We can't take the heat and humidity (and I'm from AZ).

mrs06chris said:
We go during Spring Break every year. We can't take the heat and humidity (and I'm from AZ).

Oops...I wasn't done. Staying on site with the Express Pass makes it very manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter