Spring Break for California schools

We are in Elk Grove School district in Northern California and ours is Mar. 21-25.

There are over 900 school districts in CA. This thread could get really long.

Los Angeles Unified School District, which is massive, has their Spring Break the week leading up to Easter followed by the day after Easter. Hope this helps.

Not to add just to throw a wrench in this but I run an elementary office in the Bay Area and spring break is April 6-10 in our district.

I'm pretty far north, in Chico, CA, and our K-12 districts' spring break is March 15-20. It coincides with university break.

Spring Breaks in ALL of the Western states....all schools, including colleges and universities, contribute to a loooong season of large crowds at DLR. Probably the weeks before and after Easter are the busiest, but it can be bad several weeks before that.

Spring Breaks can be pretty unpredictable since it seems like all schools have different ones that don't necessarily coincide with Easter. Basically the beginning of March through Easter week will be busy with Spring Breakers every year.

It's all over the map, but basically mid March to mid April. And some people will take their kids out early or late to really throw a wrench in things :teacher:

Thanks for all the great replies guys!!!! Been to WDW 30+ times and planning our first DL trip for March 8-12. Seems like many, if not most, of the California schools will be having Spring Break after my dates. Any guesses as to what crowds are like the week before the official Spring Break dates?

My guess is it will be pretty good.
The crowds are often lighter just before or just after a big holiday and I think the same goes for spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter