Spring Break EE USF but IOA Harry Potter Resort Guest

TinkerSouthernBelle

Earning My Ears
I've been reading different touring plans and I'm not sure if I'm reading them correctly.
We are staying at RP so have the resort benefits. USF is the EE park next week, so opens at 8:00 but since we are staying at RP that means Wizarding World at IOA also opens at 8:00 for us, correct???

One touring plan suggests for us to go to USF, ride Gringotts, Minion, RRR, Transformers, Mummy, MIB, ET then ride Express to IOA for Dragon and other rides, but do FJ last before riding train back to USF.

Another plan also says go to USF first, but only ride Gringotts then take train to IOA and do all of HP then the rest of IOA. Then take train back to USF late in day for a few attractions in USF.

We are 4 adults, 7 kids (ages 8-15)
Have unlimited express pass, early entry benefits.
Plan on leaving park around 7:00 pm due to dinner reservation.
Some folks are thrill riders, some are not.
Harry Potter will be a major focus but not obsessed.

So which plan above makes most sense? (FYI I DESPISE the Simpson ride b/c it made me so sick and no ride ever makes me sick!) Worried that Minions will make me sick too?

And lastly, the touring plan says "Arrive at the Universal Studios Florida 90 to 120 minutes before official park opening, or Islands of Adventure 75-90 minutes before opening"
So its suggesting we arrive at USF at 7:00 am for 8:00 opening?

Thanks for any help!!!

If Studios is the early entry park, then the Wizarding World at Studios is what's open to you for EE, not IOA's WW.

If you're there for early entrance, ride the things that are open. Wizarding World and Despicable Me, I believe, are the open rides/areas during early entrance at Studios.

If you're worried about Minions, sit in the non-moving seats (request that area). That way you will only have the visual effects, and if they are too intense, just close your eyes. That's what I do on Simpsons; almost all of the "movement" on Simpsons is in your brain, so when you close your eyes it's nearly still.

Simpsons made me so sick.........worst I ever felt.........will never ride it again. Closing eyes never helps me, makes the dizzy feeling worse if anything so I just avoid it now.

Minions I am absolutely fine with, can go on numerous times with no ill effects at all. I sit in the normal seats, it's a different visual from Simpsons as you wear glasses and I find I'm not as bad with rides with glasses.

I know everyone's different, but hope you can enjoy Minions......it's such a cute little ride with one of the best pre shows ever!

Simpsons made me so sick.........worst I ever felt.........will never ride it again. Closing eyes never helps me, makes the dizzy feeling worse if anything so I just avoid it now.

Minions I am absolutely fine with, can go on numerous times with no ill effects at all. I sit in the normal seats, it's a different visual from Simpsons as you wear glasses and I find I'm not as bad with rides with glasses.

I know everyone's different, but hope you can enjoy Minions......it's such a cute little ride with one of the best pre shows ever!
Yes I will never, ever, ever ride simpsons again! Closing my eyes made it worse too!
I love the Minions as do my kids so I have to give it a try!

So right now the calendar says March 13 is EE for USF only not IOA. Might that change? So HOW early should we arrive at the park entrance? Do they sometimes open before 8 or just getting there early means we are further up in the line?

Thanks!!!

Twice i have been on vacation when changes have been made.
Management does look at specific things in order to make a call such as, both parks have EE.

Usually changes are known the day before.
Can't make opening times change if staff is not set up in place.

I found out of a schedule change at the onsite hotel i stayed at.
Notices were put up in the lobby to inform guests both parks would be open the next day for early entry.
Staff at the hotel would talk to guests and let them know just in case they did not see the signs at the boat dock, pool area, or in the hotel lobby.

about motion sickness, i dearly love homer and the family and can not skip that ride.
when the movement in the ride effects me, i look down at my shoes or my hands on my lap.
if i close my eyes, it makes things worse for me.

about motion sickness, i dearly love homer and the family and can not skip that ride.
when the movement in the ride effects me, i look down at my shoes or my hands on my lap.
if i close my eyes, it makes things worse for me.

Oh, my goodness. Once I was in the front row and there were two teenage girls in the back row. One of them SCREAMED (SHRIEKED! So very loudly!!!!!!!) through about the first half of the ride.... and then suddenly stopped making noise. We realized when we got off the ride exactly why she'd stopped screaming.... She was too busy getting sick. Ugh. That ride is definitely a puke machine. :-/

Oh, my goodness. Once I was in the front row and there were two teenage girls in the back row. One of them SCREAMED (SHRIEKED! So very loudly!!!!!!!) through about the first half of the ride.... and then suddenly stopped making noise. We realized when we got off the ride exactly why she'd stopped screaming.... She was too busy getting sick. Ugh. That ride is definitely a puke machine. :-/

hope no splatter hit you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter